997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

New Porsche 997.2 Turbo S Project Car - Full Build Thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 07:28 PM
FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !
Steering wheel looks good.

On your site and I believe you mentioned here as well that your steering wheel is made in Germany?

The Romania marking inside the hub, is that the manufacturer or county on origin?

Old 03-14-2012, 07:56 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
These are OEM cores. So that must be where Porsche has that steering wheel part made. The manufacturer in Germany does the molds which is the redesign of the outer ring area as well as the coverings.

Old 03-16-2012, 02:02 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Exterior Mods

Did some exterior mods recently and took some simple install photos. We should have the pro shots up later today or Monday. So here is a sneak peak of what is to come.

The rear decklid spoiler is by NRAuto. This is their GT2 replica wing and the fit and finish turned out really nice. We also overlayed the gurney part in carbon fiber to match our other parts.

So here is the rear stocker

Took her off

Flipped her over and removed the fan and wiring.

Since the new wing does not use the hydraulic function, we clipped those wires out of the wiring harness. Using the Durametric Pro tool we are able to deactivate the spoiler light. So now need to bolt stuff on the back of the freshly painted NR Auto GT2 Decklid.

Ready for installation

Bolted on and in place

We also added the Agency Power Carbon Fiber Mirrors, Front Lip Spoiler, and Carbon GT2RS Side ducts

Want to see the final pics? Stay tuned to www.facebook.com/vividracing

Old 03-19-2012, 05:23 PM
Former Vendor
Took some pro shots of the Agency Power Sport Design Steering Wheel last week. Its amazing what some killer lighting and talent can do to images. Hope you enjoy!

Old 03-20-2012, 08:13 AM
rix
rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !
I looked on your site for the carbon GT2RS side ducts, do you offer them for sale?

Old 03-20-2012, 08:24 AM
rmx12 is on a distinguished road
i loved what you did with the .1, that car was hardcore.
cant wait to see the final finish on this 1.

Old 03-20-2012, 09:30 AM
Former Vendor
Rix, PM me to discuss. We can do them here.

Old 03-20-2012, 03:04 PM
jiujitsu is on a distinguished road
im picking this up when u sell it so that both VR 997's will be in jersey

Old 03-20-2012, 03:08 PM
Former Vendor
You can buy it now if you want... at least you will once I post these next pics!

Old 03-20-2012, 03:12 PM
mcjoe691 has much to be proud ofmcjoe691 has much to be proud ofmcjoe691 has much to be proud ofmcjoe691 has much to be proud ofmcjoe691 has much to be proud ofmcjoe691 has much to be proud ofmcjoe691 has much to be proud ofmcjoe691 has much to be proud ofmcjoe691 has much to be proud ofmcjoe691 has much to be proud of
Very nice dan!!!!

Old 03-20-2012, 05:26 PM
Former Vendor
KW Coilover and Suspension Update

Two must haves on any car of mine are suspension and wheels. I hate the way stock wheels sit in and usually the styling is off. I also do not like stock ride height. I should not be able to put my fist in between the wheel and fender unless it is a offroad truck. So the first thing to tackle is the suspension... The factory PASM function is nice, but to be honest, I dont feel the need to push a button every time I need improved suspension. Having used many different suspensions on many different cars, the factory PASM just does not do it. This is why like on my last 997 TT I went with KW V3 Coilovers. However for this go-round, I went with their PASM compatible ones.

What this means is KW has built a system that plugs in place to eliminate the PASM fault code. Of course your sport features are still the same with performance. So if you don't have a PIWIS tool ($70,000+) to go in and deactivate the PASM function for suspension, this is a great option. The KW V3 coilover still provides the independent adjustable rebound and compression to really tune the car into your driving style. KW does provide recommended ride height and adjustment settings for those new to this. However once you set it, you forget. One big advantage of the KW coilovers is their patented bump stop. This material acts like a 3rd spring. So when your cruising the streets, the ride is very comfortable. When you push the car hard in turns, this bump stop reacts and provides you a stiff reactive feeling that road racers and high performance drivers desire. So if you have looked up the KW spring rates and wondered why they are lower then say Bilstein, this is why.

Another great feature of the KW is the relocation of the spring bearing to the bottom of the spring perch. Alot of coilover owners will complain of a binding or creaking noise when turning their steering wheel lock to lock at extremely slow speeds. This is because of using the stock upper bearing. While KW retains the factory strut top, the seat on top of the spring does not use the factory bearing.

In addition to the suspension, we decided to add the Agency Power front and rear sway bars. These sway bars are adjustable 3 ways front and rear. With AWD cars, there is alot of "push" or understeer. To improve the point and go feeling, a stiffer rear sway bar is usually added to the rear to give it a more RWD feeling. Agency Power has built and measured their bars to be 76% more stiffer then stock in the rear and 170% stiffer in the front on the firm settings, See Here. Typically I like a bit of oversteer so I run the rear sway bar at the stiffest setting and the front in the middle. Because this is a street car, I have opted out of the other Agency Power Suspension parts such as control arms, toe arms, sway bar links, etc. This project is really more about streetable and performance balance for those that push their car not on the tracks.

Lastly none of this is even possible without a proper alignment. Because of how low the car is, putting it on a conventional alignment machine was not possible. So we decided to string up the car here. With some help from the alignment wizard Betim at BBI Autosport, we set the car perfect with their help. Suggested settings for a great street car and good tire wear are: Max the front camber out and match it to the weaker side as one always has more. Put the front toe at .5mm in per side. The rear give it -1.8 degrees of camber and run 2mm of toe in.

Check out the cool HD KW V3 Porsche 997.2 Turbo S install video we did and pictures below!

Old 03-21-2012, 10:24 AM
Former Vendor
Exterior Enhancements!

After the ECU flash, lowering the car with KW Coilovers, it was time to dress this baby up and make it the sexy looking beast it should be. The goal of this car was to use and develop as many Agency Power products that we could as we wait for the new 991 Turbo to be available. Not only does this round of mods include the aero kit upgrades, it also includes an interior piece and new wheels from Agency Power.

The exterior upgrade has been complimented with 4 pieces of trim. The first is a GT2 replica complete decklid by NR Auto. As you see from the pictures above in this thread, the fitment and quality is spot on. The wing was painted by our team of professionals and then the rear gourney flap was wrapped from the Agency Power carbon division. Moving forward on the car is a update that I feel is a must on the 997 Turbo body. The conversion to the GT2RS style side ducts with no center splitter really makes them look larger then they are. To further the style and match the theme of the vehicle, we then wrapped them in a 2×2 weave to match the other carbon components. The installation of these is a snap with simply popping out the factory ones, cutting out the center piece (behind the duct), and then popping them back on. Now Available Here. Getting closer to the front is a set of our Agency Power carbon fiber mirrors for the 997.2 Turbo. These mirrors are a full replacement unit that accepts all the inner workings of the factory mirror. With an OEM fit and high gloss finish, it goes well with the final carbon update. The front lip spoiler from Agency Power has actually been around for about a year. Designed to work on the stock bumper, its clean lines and simple install give the front end a slight touch without going over the top. The 2×2 weave wraps snug around the bumper and features an Agency Power badge up front. However there is 1 more ghost part not on our… We are working on a final rear end acutrement to complete the overall package!

The final enhancement comes from the brand new Agency Power Split-5 monoblock wheels. This 1 piece forged wheel is extremely lightweight and strong as well as giving you that ultra flush style that a lowered car needs. With a semi concave wheel in the front and a ultra concave wheel in the rear, this particular set was made for the Porsche OEM centerlocks. They were built with a 19×8.5 +39mm up front and a 19×11+35mm in the rear. We kept the factory wheel sizes to retain the OEM tire fitment of a 235/35/19 and 305/30/19. These wheels were finished in a gloss black powdercoat. Available in a 19 inch fitment for both 5x130 and centerlock P Cars in custom colors, these wheels are instock and available for sale!

You can view more of these photos and the project build on our Project 997.2 Turbo S Gallery Here.

<IFRAME height=360 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jg94UMTCbOs" frameBorder=0 width=550 allowfullscreen=""></IFRAME>

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	porscheturbo_shop-1.jpg
Views:	1484
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	327929   Click image for larger version

Name:	porscheturbo_shop-7.jpg
Views:	1360
Size:	38.5 KB
ID:	327930   Click image for larger version

Name:	porscheturbo_shop-2.jpg
Views:	1323
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	327931   Click image for larger version

Name:	porscheturbo_shop-3.jpg
Views:	1306
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	327932   Click image for larger version

Name:	porscheturbo_shop-10.jpg
Views:	1230
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	327933  

Click image for larger version

Name:	porscheturbo_shop-16.jpg
Views:	1475
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	327934   Click image for larger version

Name:	porscheturbo_shop-13.jpg
Views:	1312
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	327935  

Last edited by vividracing; 01-31-2014 at 04:19 PM.
Old 03-23-2012, 07:01 PM
Former Vendor
What do you guys think of the shoot ^

Old 03-25-2012, 06:16 PM
Slik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond repute
Impressive. Genuinely impressive.

Old 03-26-2012, 10:00 AM
Former Vendor
I think its power time boys.... suggestions?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Porsche 997.2 Turbo S Project Car - Full Build Thread