997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

New Porsche 997.2 Turbo S Project Car - Full Build Thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 10:21 AM
Miguel-H is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by vividracing
What do you guys think of the shoot ^
Classy!

Old 03-26-2012, 11:34 AM
Slik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond repute
I think its power time boys.... suggestions?
Well....with that awesome suspension it really is power time. You've already done one flash, so would it be too elemental to start with intake/exhaust mods? Or...are you going to swing for the fences right off?

Old 03-26-2012, 11:39 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Exhaust work is under planning. I am going a much different route that I think .2 guys will love!

Old 03-26-2012, 01:38 PM
salerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud of
I think its power time boys.... suggestions?
Vr825 time

Old 03-26-2012, 01:40 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
I think we have a PDK limit. Plus I want to make something using the stock type of turbochargers.

Old 04-17-2012, 05:32 AM
BMWDEMON is a jewel in the roughBMWDEMON is a jewel in the roughBMWDEMON is a jewel in the rough
sub'd for this build!!! Looking good guys.

M

Old 04-17-2012, 09:45 AM
Former Vendor
Thanks! We should have some new updates in the coming weeks.

Old 04-25-2012, 02:44 PM
Former Vendor
And so the power mods begin with R&D of some unique new products nobody else has

Stay tuned as always!

Mallet required for everything!

Old 06-22-2012, 01:17 PM
Former Vendor
Here is our seperate thread on the development and testing of our new Cat Delete Sleeper Race Pipes - https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...7-2-turbo.html

Here is where we are for power...

Old 06-22-2012, 01:21 PM
Former Vendor
Yesterday we added some new flare pieces to our Project 997.2TT and did a full photoshoot. So I thought I would leak them here before I put them on our blog and social media world. We took a brand new set of our Agency Power Split-5 Monoblock Wheels and had them custom painted in a chrome blue face with gloss black inside. The next part is our new Agency Power carbon fiber rear diffuser which will be available for sale soon. Enjoy these sneaks!

Last edited by vividracing; 06-22-2012 at 01:53 PM.
Old 06-22-2012, 06:31 PM
blindfold is a glorious beacon of lightblindfold is a glorious beacon of lightblindfold is a glorious beacon of lightblindfold is a glorious beacon of lightblindfold is a glorious beacon of lightblindfold is a glorious beacon of light
List of mods look awesome, especially that gt2 rear wing and deck replacmemt. Quick question, I might have missed it but what is the stock power output of this turbo s on your dyno in order to view a better comparison to 541hp of softtronic flashed performance

Old 06-22-2012, 06:35 PM
Former Vendor
The car was already flashed with a competitors so I could not do a baseline. I did post that info on our blog, www.vividracing.com/blog. However, the Mustang dyno usually yields a 20-25% drivetrain loss. So if the stock is 530bhp, we would see about 420awhp on 91octane.

Old 10-23-2012, 10:04 AM
Former Vendor
Coming across this car 10 months ago was simply by chance. Having sold our Project 997.1 Turbo, I had no idea what to do while we all anticipated the arrival of the 991. The 3.8L Turbo engine with 7spd PDK transmission seemed a little boring. But it was definitely not the case. As we added a ECU Flash and Agency Power Sleeper Pipes, we took the power from 550 all wheel horsepower and 555 ft/lbs of torque. On 91 octane that translated into well over 650 crank horsepower! Keeping the power subtle, we attacked the styling with a set of Agency Power centerlock wheels. We actually did 3 different colors over its existence. Added our Carbon Fiber front lip, rear diffuser, side ducts, and a NR Auto GT2 style rear wing. Aesthetically pleasing, we gave the car the improved handling that all Porsche's need with a set of the KW V3 Coilovers and Agency Power sway bars. With built in PASM delete, the independent rebound and compression gave the car a buttery smooth ride on the street. But when we pushed it, the car came alive! To get better ground clearance, we even added their very impressive HLS 2 Lift System. With some other bits such as our Agency Power roll bar and Agency Power steering wheel, the car was complete. What now?

Track days you can only do so much. Straight line racing is, well, not proving much but power, so we decided to travel 4500 miles away to enter in a real deal road rally. The Targa Newfoundland is a 6 day staged and timed road rally that has you racing through closed roads. With some of the worst roads and beautiful scenery, it was a full test for the cars handling, driveability, longevity, and performance. After 2500 miles of driving, we finished and never had to turn one wrench. With jumps, hard braking, hairpin turns, and transit stages, our Porsche Turbo S did it all.

So now another car in the books of our Project Car collection and we are on to a new, Project 9972 GT3RS. Enjoy this wrap up video and one of my favorite photos below.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Targathursday-9.jpg
Views:	696
Size:	413.6 KB
ID:	327937  
Attached Images  

Last edited by vividracing; 01-31-2014 at 04:19 PM.
Old 10-23-2012, 10:47 AM
WaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond repute
Dan,

You stated earlier in the thread the following, " Sport Mode gives you extra boost for X amount of seconds as well as better throttle response" I do not believe that is true for the Turbo S. My understanding is the the boost on the turbo S was permanently fixed at the .2bar increase regardless of sport button position. The sport button does remap the ECU as well as change the gains in the electronic throttle however.

Walt

Old 10-23-2012, 10:52 AM
Former Vendor
Sport Mode gives you extra boost, however because of increase in HP, if you run consistantly in sport mode, the car will pull timing and get slower.

Last edited by vividracing; 01-31-2014 at 04:20 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Porsche 997.2 Turbo S Project Car - Full Build Thread