997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Dectane tailights problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 12:40 PM
JoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by PERONE78
I have just try to cross connecting the wiring for the fog light to the brake light.

when i push the brake the 4/5 central led doesn't work...
Hi!

What's the 4/5 central led? do you make sure you had the polarity correct? LEDs need to be certain of +/- polarity connection... do you have a picture of what you are talking about?

joel

Old 02-27-2012, 01:51 PM
PERONE78 is a jewel in the roughPERONE78 is a jewel in the roughPERONE78 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by JoelPirela
Hi!

What's the 4/5 central led? do you make sure you had the polarity correct? LEDs need to be certain of +/- polarity connection... do you have a picture of what you are talking about?

joel
tomorrow i post the photo...

Old 02-27-2012, 02:25 PM
faiz is just really nicefaiz is just really nicefaiz is just really nicefaiz is just really nice
interesting. if u see pics of when the rear fog is on - there is a gap between the brakelights coming on and the fog lights when u press the brakes.

normally, with no fogs on, the brakes light up 2/3 of the leds across the back. when the fogs are on and the brakes are pressed, only 1/3 lights up, middle 1/3 do not and the remaining 1/3 are on due to activating the rear fogs.

there must be some type of grounding of the middle 1/3 of the leds as soon as u activate the rear fogs so that they dont become brighter when u press the brakes

curious, with the way u have it wired up now, what happens when u turn the rear fogs on? it must make ALL the red leds turn bright correct?

Old 02-27-2012, 02:43 PM
PERONE78 is a jewel in the roughPERONE78 is a jewel in the roughPERONE78 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by faiz
interesting. if u see pics of when the rear fog is on - there is a gap between the brakelights coming on and the fog lights when u press the brakes.

normally, with no fogs on, the brakes light up 2/3 of the leds across the back. when the fogs are on and the brakes are pressed, only 1/3 lights up, middle 1/3 do not and the remaining 1/3 are on due to activating the rear fogs.

there must be some type of grounding of the middle 1/3 of the leds as soon as u activate the rear fogs so that they dont become brighter when u press the brakes

curious, with the way u have it wired up now, what happens when u turn the rear fogs on? it must make ALL the red leds turn bright correct?
in italy is night, tomorrow i try

Old 02-27-2012, 02:57 PM
dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !
OK just got to my new lights.

Here are some pics.

I have carefully looked at the back of both lights, there is no wire difference to indicate that one side incorporates the fog light and one doesnt.

What I should do is connect them and before screwing them in place, measure which wire takes power when I pull the fog light, with a voltometer.

Perone, how did you know which wire is the brake light and which is the fog?

Old 02-27-2012, 05:17 PM
faiz is just really nicefaiz is just really nicefaiz is just really nicefaiz is just really nice
the dectanes look sooooooooo much better then the rottecs.....

Old 02-27-2012, 05:19 PM
dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !
They look closer to OEM. That's why I decided to change mine.

Old 02-27-2012, 08:34 PM
pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !
Could you take a picture?
Sounds like there may be a gap - that LED doesn't light up for neither.

Old 02-28-2012, 01:07 PM
the pictures:

Last edited by PERONE78; 02-28-2012 at 01:28 PM.
Old 02-28-2012, 01:31 PM
tell me a bit more about your connections.
The brown wire is going to where?

Old 02-28-2012, 01:33 PM
green/white to green/red

Old 02-28-2012, 01:41 PM
i see. and you have chosen to tap near the connector. I am noticing that the green to white has one part which goes into a spare connector for the resistor. However, the green/red is going to two locations. Perhaps you should tap closer to the actual light on the green to red? I assume that you measured the wires to see which gets current when the fog light is pulled?

Also, as per Faiz's question, if you pull the fog light with this wiring, does the whole row of reds light up?

Old 02-29-2012, 07:56 PM
CayenneS2083 is just really niceCayenneS2083 is just really niceCayenneS2083 is just really niceCayenneS2083 is just really niceCayenneS2083 is just really nice
Any progress with this?

Old 03-01-2012, 03:37 AM
work in progress...

Old 03-01-2012, 02:46 PM
Will do some work in progress over the weekend as well...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dectane tailights problem