997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Dectane tailights problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 12:03 PM
PERONE78 is a jewel in the roughPERONE78 is a jewel in the roughPERONE78 is a jewel in the rough
Dectane tailights problem

I have installed the dectane taillights. i have no error but when i push the brake, the led light up like "C shape". i want, if is possible, when i push the brake the led light up completely.

do you have a solution???

thanks

Old 02-24-2012, 12:52 PM
Doc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by PERONE78
I have installed the dectane taillights. i have no error but when i push the brake, the led light up like "C shape". i want, if is possible, when i push the brake the led light up completely.

thanks
I believe that this is normal for those tail lights.

Old 02-24-2012, 02:55 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PERONE78

thanks
Normal - can't change.

Old 02-24-2012, 03:20 PM
Squat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to behold
The stock lights do the same. Except the other way.

Old 02-25-2012, 08:37 PM
pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !
Normal, no way to change

Old 02-26-2012, 08:54 AM
JoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond repute
I guess the only way to change it, is to find which cables on the tail lights feed the rear fog lights and tap those 2 cables to the cables that feeds the brake lights. that way you will have power going to the end of the lights for the fog light once you press the brake, thus creating a complete triangle, instead of the "C" shape you have now.

Old 02-26-2012, 09:22 AM
CayenneS2083 is just really niceCayenneS2083 is just really niceCayenneS2083 is just really niceCayenneS2083 is just really niceCayenneS2083 is just really nice
Originally Posted by JoelPirela
I guess the only way to change it, is to find which cables on the tail lights feed the rear fog lights and tap those 2 cables to the cables that feeds the brake lights. that way you will have power going to the end of the lights for the fog light once you press the brake, thus creating a complete triangle, instead of the "C" shape you have now.
I'm surprised no one has tried to do this. It would make the lights look much nicer.

Old 02-26-2012, 09:45 AM
90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of
I was looking at the all red tailights for my Turbo but when I saw these and googled it they are great. Are they just plug and ply like the original lights or do you have to do some wiring.

Old 02-26-2012, 12:28 PM
dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by JoelPirela
I have a feeling only one has the fog light capability. At least that is the regulation. I believe it is on the left...

Old 02-26-2012, 01:51 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by dianic
I have a feeling only one has the fog light capability. At least that is the regulation. I believe it is on the left...
Both fixtures must have the light since the are sold in both USA and Europe. It will be the vehicle that's configured right or left based on country. That's why the suggestions for the jury rig are to run wires from the left (in the US) to the right.

Old 02-26-2012, 02:05 PM
dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !dianic Is a GOD !
I just got a pair form Dectane Germany, which are still in the box. I will investigate if both lights have connections.
How about cross connecting the wiring for the fog light to the brake light? Same side on each light... Not the car. It is the brake light pattern that needs to change, not the running light, which is a full triangle.
Will try to bench test. More as of Tuesday.

Old 02-26-2012, 02:23 PM
faiz is just really nicefaiz is just really nicefaiz is just really nicefaiz is just really nice
interested!

Old 02-26-2012, 05:15 PM
pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !
Hmmm - that's an interesting idea!

Old 02-27-2012, 06:56 AM
JoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond repute
I just got a pair form Dectane Germany, which are still in the box. I will investigate if both lights have connections.
How about cross connecting the wiring for the fog light to the brake light? Same side on each light... Not the car. It is the brake light pattern that needs to change, not the running light, which is a full triangle.
That's exactly what I was suggesting... rig the cables on the lights, not on the car's wiring. The hard part should be figuring out the correct cables, after that, is just tapping 2 cables on each tail light for a complete triangle...

Old 02-27-2012, 12:04 PM
PERONE78 is a jewel in the roughPERONE78 is a jewel in the roughPERONE78 is a jewel in the rough
I have just try to cross connecting the wiring for the fog light to the brake light.

when i push the brake the 4/5 central led doesn't work...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dectane tailights problem