997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Aquamist HFS4 install

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 02:38 PM
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by prodigymb
Howerton is not who makes Aquamist kit. Jeff Howerton is the biggest Aquamist distributor in North America and is a very helpful resource with Aquamist. However Aquamiist kit is made by ERL.

BTW I love that you guys have such a perfect spot for the gauge in the 997tt
Sorry I didn't knew that. When I first asked Richards at Aquamist forum where could I get some fittings for braided hoses he said Howerdon Engineering has them, i thought that was the manufacturer. Anyway they are overpriced and very poor quality but they are the only option. You cannot get the same fittings anywhere else so they charge whatever they like. At least they should make them better quality

Old 04-27-2012, 06:18 PM
topspeedua is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by OneFastBeast
So far I put around 2k miles no problems at all guys! Soon I get it tuned for meth to increase my boost. Right now it honestly feels to safe when I boost ! For the kit is Inexpensive compare to install! I got my install done at bbi.
Hello. how do you tune it? after installed kit and wired it to ecu, then what we do? how do e tune it so in only strats after 1 bar?

Old 04-27-2012, 06:49 PM
997tttiplux has a reputation beyond repute997tttiplux has a reputation beyond repute997tttiplux has a reputation beyond repute997tttiplux has a reputation beyond repute997tttiplux has a reputation beyond repute997tttiplux has a reputation beyond repute997tttiplux has a reputation beyond repute997tttiplux has a reputation beyond repute997tttiplux has a reputation beyond repute997tttiplux has a reputation beyond repute997tttiplux has a reputation beyond repute
thank you Milou for the details (and time involved).

david

Old 04-27-2012, 11:44 PM
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute
You are welcome David.

Old 04-27-2012, 11:50 PM
Originally Posted by topspeedua
Hello. how do you tune it? after installed kit and wired it to ecu, then what we do? how do e tune it so in only strats after 1 bar?
You have two options to set it.
1st you can have it programmed to follow IDC (injection duty cycle)

2nd you can have it set based on boost.

Also you can set the % of meth sprayed

Old 04-27-2012, 11:55 PM
Originally Posted by porka
would meth be senseless to install on a car with just a flash and exhaust?

only real gains to meth is so you can up the boost correct??

what gains would you see in this situation

excuse my limited knowlegde.. but i wan't to learn
You will be able to run on a racefuel map

Old 04-28-2012, 12:03 AM
Originally Posted by w00zy
This diagram is very helpful to start with, but this is for the 996TT not the 997TT. I remember we found some differences in wire colour and pin location

Old 04-29-2012, 02:18 PM
w00zy is a splendid one to beholdw00zy is a splendid one to beholdw00zy is a splendid one to beholdw00zy is a splendid one to beholdw00zy is a splendid one to beholdw00zy is a splendid one to beholdw00zy is a splendid one to behold
Thanks milou

This is more complicated than i tought. I think i'm going to install the HFS4 on another car

Old 05-14-2012, 04:10 PM
w00zy is a splendid one to beholdw00zy is a splendid one to beholdw00zy is a splendid one to beholdw00zy is a splendid one to beholdw00zy is a splendid one to beholdw00zy is a splendid one to beholdw00zy is a splendid one to behold
I'm looking for all the parts that milou used and i found this kit. It looks awesome.

I'm waiting for info if this will connect to the aquamist and also if Jeff Howerton can make me something like this.

It would be sweet if i there was a kit like this with the right mesures for the 997 Turbo. It would make the instalation very simple and safe.

Old 05-15-2012, 01:10 AM
You need to buy the parts and have it custom made, off the shelf parts are cheap and very poor quality. To do the conversion I had to buy some fittings from Aquamist, those fittings were the lowest quality possible and overpriced.
True AN fittings are made for aircraft-navy applications or made to their standards. The ones I bought from Aquamist were butter soft and costed me more than the Earl's stainless steel true AN fittings.
My advise is to stay away from off the shelf parts, they will not fit on your Porsche, you need to buy the parts and have them custom installed. By the way, the braided hose and fittings costed me as much or more than the Aquamist kit, but now it runs safe

Old 05-15-2012, 04:39 PM
Tiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to beholdTiago is a splendid one to behold
If you really want to go ahead on this, i advice you to go to any tools shop to buy the braided hose, AN fittings and specific tools. The best route is to go custom and it is very easy to to work with the right tools. This way you choose the quality and finish of the parts. If oil braided hose is safe for engine oil high pressure and temperature, it should be also safe for meth.

Old 05-17-2012, 09:30 AM
You guys are right, custom made is the way to go.

I found almost everything i need in Stainless Steel made by Earl's Performance

-3 Speed-Flex™ Stainless Braided Teflon™ Bore Hose 1/8" ID (Uncoated or coated with several colors to choose from)
-3 A.N. Female Speed-Seal™ Hose Ends (Stainless Steel)
-3 A.N. All Male Tee Piece Adapter (Stainless Steel)
-3 A.N. Male to 1/8" BSP Male (Stainless Steel) = For FAV and Tank Adapter

I'm still looking for a way to not use the Aquamist Pump and Jet adapter wich are made in Mild Steel ZINC and are overpriced...

For the pump i can use the supplied Port Adapter and change the side that connects to the tube for a -3 A.N. Male to 1/8" BSP Male (Stainless Steel) It's a better option than Aquamist and i save a lot of money.

For the Aquamist Jet i'm screwed because i don't know the size of the fittings and i'm forced to use the Aquamist Jet Adapter... Maybe if i send one Aquamist Jet to Earl's Perf. in the UK they can find the adapter for me
Another option is using the Coolingmist Jets with -3 A.N. Male to 1/8" NPT Male with 1/8" NPT Female to Female but this is only available in Aluminium anodised Blue. I could also try to custom make them in Stainless Steel, like milou did, but that is hard work and i'm not in the mood to get my hands dirty.

I'm going to try to find an option in other manufacturers for the jets and also a one Stainless Steel piece adapter for the Pump

One question... How much meters of hose should i buy?

Old 05-17-2012, 02:21 PM
Prefer to buy the hose which is covered. That's what I got, more durable, clean and heat roof.
You won't find any fittings for the jets I guarantee you that! Also stay away from the ones supplied by aquamist, they are a joke.
I have changed my nozzles to some stainless steel high quality ones, but again I had some issues. If you decide to do the modd I'll help you

Old 05-17-2012, 07:29 PM
Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by milou
This diagram is very helpful to start with, but this is for the 996TT not the 997TT. I remember we found some differences in wire colour and pin location
Milou could you give us the the pin location and color of the wires you have connect to your car. I have the kit installed and cant get it to work using the 996 diagram.
Thanks,

Old 05-17-2012, 10:27 PM
Man I have to visit the workshop to figure out, or Emre could chime in

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Aquamist HFS4 install