997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

What tires??? Need help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-24-2012, 09:22 AM
meaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to behold
What tires??? Need help

here's my problem. I've been running 245/30/20 and 325/25/20 set up for about 4 years now. I was using Pirelli up until recent but they discontinued the 325/25/20. So I decided to switch to Michelin. Well I only ordered the rears at first cause I was getting my wheels re-powdered and did not think about the ties being mismatched until after getting my wheels back. Also I have a damaged front now and have to change them. Try to order a pair of fronts but Michelin discontinued the 245/30/20. Now I'm stuck with a pair of Michelins rears that I only have a few hundred miles with no chance to have matching fronts.. a lil PO about that.
The real kicker is I can not find a tire manufacture who make these two tire sizes... Wondering if anyone else has ran into this problem and what they did about it?? Thanks for any help

Old 07-24-2012, 09:50 AM
512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of
Michelin had a 30 day money back guarantee on the Pilot Super Sports - not sure if those are your tires or if the guarantee is still in effect, but worth a try.

I had the same set-up before going to 19's, and was using Continental Extreme Contact. They should definitely have both those sizes.

Good luck.

Old 07-24-2012, 12:25 PM
meaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to beholdmeaker is a splendid one to behold
Thanks but I pass the 30 day. I'll check the continental but I believe they are not..

I find it hard more turbo owners are not having this same problem.

Old 07-24-2012, 02:15 PM
Spatia is a splendid one to beholdSpatia is a splendid one to beholdSpatia is a splendid one to beholdSpatia is a splendid one to beholdSpatia is a splendid one to beholdSpatia is a splendid one to beholdSpatia is a splendid one to beholdSpatia is a splendid one to behold
Meaker have you tried EBay... Good source of discontinued tires. If you can find your size - it might buy you time tll the next time you need to replace.

Originally Posted by meaker
here's my problem. I've been running 245/30/20 and 325/25/20 set up for about 4 years now. I was using Pirelli up until recent but they discontinued the 325/25/20. So I decided to switch to Michelin. Well I only ordered the rears at first cause I was getting my wheels re-powdered and did not think about the ties being mismatched until after getting my wheels back. Also I have a damaged front now and have to change them. Try to order a pair of fronts but Michelin discontinued the 245/30/20. Now I'm stuck with a pair of Michelins rears that I only have a few hundred miles with no chance to have matching fronts.. a lil PO about that.
The real kicker is I can not find a tire manufacture who make these two tire sizes... Wondering if anyone else has ran into this problem and what they did about it?? Thanks for any help

Old 07-24-2012, 02:58 PM
eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !
Word on the street is that Michelin has stopped manufacturing the tires sizes on your car(mine too) in the PS2's to prepare for ramping up the Super Sports. What's weird is their website still shows them avaialble. I mentioned this in the WTB thread but I also heard that we should not expect the Super Sports until spring.

Old 07-24-2012, 04:27 PM
TAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond repute
what do you have? PS, PS2, PSS?

Old 07-24-2012, 06:04 PM
512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of
They cannot ramp up the Pilot Super Sports as a replacement for the PS2 until they get the N rating and as far as I know, they have not received that designation yet.

Old 07-24-2012, 08:20 PM
Yea, I tried Ebay and the only ones I could find were used and in the UK. I have PS2 on the rear and would love to find the fronts.
If I can't Michelin I be willing to try another brand but can't seem to find another brand that makes a 245/30/20 and a 325/25/20...

Old 07-25-2012, 04:25 PM
swole305 has a spectacular aura aboutswole305 has a spectacular aura aboutswole305 has a spectacular aura about
I ordered some 360 Forged MB5 for my birthday on May 3 and have yet to put them on b/c i cannot find these tire sizes. I found the rear tires and I think order the last pair in the USA or close to it. No luck yet on the front which are 245/30/20. What kind of **** luck is that...???

Old 07-26-2012, 04:25 AM
Banned
johnmiller will become famous soon enough
Try Michelin. i hope it will fix your problem.

Old 07-26-2012, 09:18 AM
MBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud of
245/30/20 & 325/25/20 seem to be bull**** sizes, I'm having the same problems you guys are. Pirelli discontinued the tires, I have Conti DW's on the rear but can't find the fronts because Conti discontinued the fronts. Not sure what is going on with Michelin, and don't want Hancooks.

Old 07-26-2012, 09:55 AM
eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MBENZF1
245/30/20 & 325/25/20 seem to be bull**** sizes, I'm having the same problems you guys are. Pirelli discontinued the tires, I have Conti DW's on the rear but can't find the fronts because Conti discontinued the fronts. Not sure what is going on with Michelin, and don't want Hancooks.
Yes this sucks, either we stop driving our cars or get a set of 19's

Old 07-26-2012, 11:13 AM
swole305 has a spectacular aura aboutswole305 has a spectacular aura aboutswole305 has a spectacular aura about
This is a complete crap shoot.

Wondering if we got a commitment of buyers together if we could get one these vendors along with a tire manufacture or direct to tire manufacture to make some tires for us??? As far as I can tell there is a market for this and no one to supply it....

Old 07-26-2012, 11:26 AM
I just send an email to Damon @ tirerack along with a link to this thread I'm sure he can help.

Old 07-26-2012, 11:38 AM
mathys is just really nicemathys is just really nicemathys is just really nicemathys is just really nicemathys is just really nice
I don't know if they're willing to ship to the US, but check out topbanden . com
They have Michelin Pilot Sport NO in stock.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What tires??? Need help