997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Clear Bra...worth it?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-04-2012, 01:12 PM
khan is on a distinguished road
991S Cup Kit

I had my total front end done and the lights covered by clear bra. Came out good but it did cost.

Old 11-04-2012, 01:36 PM
machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !
If you have clear bra on your whole hood does anyone know if you can do a wrap over it? I was thinking about having my hood wrapped in black?

Old 11-16-2012, 10:32 AM
Basic Sponsor
Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by machinegunt
If you have clear bra on your whole hood does anyone know if you can do a wrap over it? I was thinking about having my hood wrapped in black?
This would be highly dependent on the installer. It does take more skill and experience to wrap edges as it typically requires custom application. There are certain precut kits that would provide wrapped edges on hood as well, so check with your local installer to see if it is an option they provide.

Here is an example of what we do:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...photosync.html

Sharing our Passion on Youtube: https://urlgeni.us/youtube/Premier

Facebook: https://urlgeni.us/facebook/Premier

42630 Christy St, Fremont, CA. 510-623-1308 sales@premiermobilegroup.com
Old 11-16-2012, 07:45 PM
Nick-NY is a splendid one to beholdNick-NY is a splendid one to beholdNick-NY is a splendid one to beholdNick-NY is a splendid one to beholdNick-NY is a splendid one to beholdNick-NY is a splendid one to beholdNick-NY is a splendid one to behold
Clear bra is a must if you plan on keeping the car for a while.

I had my car almost completely wrapped by the guys at Premier.

Old 11-16-2012, 08:33 PM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by C4SxM5
I've done it on several if not all my cars in the past but to be honest I probably won't the next time. I've noticed I don't keep the cars long enough for the $3-4k cost. If you are planning on keeping the car for more than 3 years+ I would but if you change cars ever year or two it isn't worth it.
I say $3-4k for a plastic wrap is lunacy. However I know many p car owners are very ****. I'm pretty **** as well, but I've found a good mask job perfectly adequate. I've had them done twice for about $600. You can see some of the edges, but can't tell it's there on the major surfaces. Got it done on my m3 and hit a tire tread with the front bumper the following week! A little heat and some polish and the guy took the mark right off the bra. I suspect the car would still have a mark if it was directly on the bumper. I just had Venture Shields done. With the extra money I can get another set of tires and other mods!

Old 11-17-2012, 03:17 PM
mattgarrett is a jewel in the roughmattgarrett is a jewel in the roughmattgarrett is a jewel in the roughmattgarrett is a jewel in the rough
I just had the front of mine done and it was a little over 800. I didn't do the whole hood just about half, the bumper, front of the fenders and the mirrors. No brainer for the price.

Old 11-17-2012, 06:02 PM
lardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to all
Originally Posted by 2008 Carrera S
I just picked up my 2013 TT manual. Wanted to know if I should get the clear bra. I had a C2S prior and did not have the clear bra, didn't seem to matter. What are your thoughts?

use this guy. they do great work!!!
http://www.clearbranj.com/

Old 11-28-2012, 06:14 PM
911t-gts will become famous soon enough
I was just at the dealer for my $99.95 Black Friday oil change and they had a new 911 on the lot that was completely wrapped in front, hood, and fendors. Definitely a quality job; I would have never noticed it except for the dealer add-on sticker...$2K.

Not sure who did mine or when, but not nearly as nice...however, does help reduce paint chips. And of course there's a small chip an inch past where the clear bra stops on my fender...