997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Clear Bra...worth it?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-02-2012, 09:53 PM
2008 Carrera S can only hope to improve
Clear Bra...worth it?

I just picked up my 2013 TT manual. Wanted to know if I should get the clear bra. I had a C2S prior and did not have the clear bra, didn't seem to matter. What are your thoughts?

Old 11-02-2012, 10:43 PM
WaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond repute
Yes, no question it is worth it IMO.

Old 11-02-2012, 11:31 PM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
They certainly work!

Old 11-03-2012, 04:17 AM
Sobrut911 is on a distinguished road
Absolutely. The only place I have rock chips is on the 2/3 of the hood I didn't put it on. Next time I'll do entire hood.

Old 11-03-2012, 06:57 AM
2008 Carrera S can only hope to improve
I guess I'm getting it! Thanks for the feedback!

Old 11-03-2012, 09:26 AM
thebishman is a splendid one to beholdthebishman is a splendid one to beholdthebishman is a splendid one to beholdthebishman is a splendid one to beholdthebishman is a splendid one to beholdthebishman is a splendid one to behold
Worth every penny as long as you find a great installer. Some dealerships will use the cheapest bid and you can end up with a disaster on your hands, so be careful if you use the dealership for this. Talk to local members of the PCA and BMW CCA as to who they'd suggest and do a local web search also. I'd recommend Xpel Ultimate. I have it on the whole front clip of my M5 and am very happy. Make sure all edges are wrapped when ever possible.
Bish

Old 11-03-2012, 09:56 AM
SeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud of
Yep, do entire front bumper and hood!

Old 11-03-2012, 10:20 AM
VailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond reputeVailTT has a reputation beyond repute
+1 get it

Old 11-03-2012, 10:24 AM
OneFastBeast will become famous soon enough
+1 a must!!!

Old 11-03-2012, 10:30 AM
aa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond repute
Call it piling on but yes yes and yes. Totally worth it. Only question is should you do the entire hood or half. If you do the entire hood you probably need to do the entire front quarter panels as well otherwise you'll have wierd seams. This is obviously more $$$

Old 11-03-2012, 08:06 PM
quick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant future
I have the complete front bumper, whole hood and full fenders along with the rocker panels

Old 11-03-2012, 09:39 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Absolutely. I clear bra all of my cars. I consider it mandatory.

Old 11-03-2012, 11:05 PM
C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !
I've done it on several if not all my cars in the past but to be honest I probably won't the next time. I've noticed I don't keep the cars long enough for the $3-4k cost. If you are planning on keeping the car for more than 3 years+ I would but if you change cars ever year or two it isn't worth it.

Old 11-03-2012, 11:29 PM
RNS
RNS is a splendid one to beholdRNS is a splendid one to beholdRNS is a splendid one to beholdRNS is a splendid one to beholdRNS is a splendid one to beholdRNS is a splendid one to beholdRNS is a splendid one to behold
required.

Old 11-04-2012, 01:43 AM
arash is a splendid one to beholdarash is a splendid one to beholdarash is a splendid one to beholdarash is a splendid one to beholdarash is a splendid one to beholdarash is a splendid one to beholdarash is a splendid one to beholdarash is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by C4SxM5
I've done it on several if not all my cars in the past but to be honest I probably won't the next time. I've noticed I don't keep the cars long enough for the $3-4k cost. If you are planning on keeping the car for more than 3 years+ I would but if you change cars ever year or two it isn't worth it.
+1. It also depends on where/how you're driving. I don't spend a whole lot of time commuting, and I maintain huge following distances when I do find myself on a crowded freeway. Some things (cone marks, rubber marks, etc) are actually tougher to get off of a clearbra than to get off of paint.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Clear Bra...worth it?