997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

DCTMS 997.2 extra thick steering wheel installed on a 997TT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 02:26 AM
Basic Sponsor
DCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond repute
Another project finished for 997.2 type steering wheel

This is a steering wheel for Panamera customer
but similar type for 997.2 steering wheel

Old 05-16-2013, 10:22 PM
Basic Sponsor
DCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond reputeDCTMOTORSPORTS has a reputation beyond repute
Another 997.2 carbon steering wheel

Here is another carbon sport steering wheel for 997.2 with
- extended carbon bottom
- sportive molding
- custom ring on top
- custom stitching

Old 05-16-2013, 11:26 PM
Lamborghini Fanatic
LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by DCTMOTORSPORTS

YES!
We made more than 100pcs 997.1 steering wheel conversions already
997.1 wheels are generic, you can swap your multifunction tabs or tiptronics tabs from original wheel to the new wheel. There are 2 types of 997.1 wheel
standard type with triangle airbag
sport type with circle airbag

You can also check this thread for more projects we made
997.1 wheels
Hi

How much and what do I need to install the 997.2 steering wheel (multifunctions with PDK) for my car (2007 tiptronic Turbo)

Old 05-17-2013, 09:39 AM
eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Leo997TT
Hi

How much and what do I need to install the 997.2 steering wheel (multifunctions with PDK) for my car (2007 tiptronic Turbo)
Leo DCTMS does not do retrofits, they will simply take your wheel and replace it with a modfied version.

You need to source the required parts and core PDK compatible wheel from Suncoast.

You Have two options:

Option 1
PDK wheel with paddles(no multifunction ) $989.
Airbag - $946
Steering wheel control module ~$220
Dealer programming and install ????

Option 2
Standard PDK wheel Push button type - ~$800
Airbag - same as above
Steering wheel control module- same as above
Multifunction switch kit for PDK - $650.
Dealer programming ????

Note in option two I've listed the MF switch kit seperately as when I requested to order a wheel with the MF already on there it was about 1k more than buying a standard wheel and replacing it with a multifunction face.

Once you have this sorted out you can send your wheel to DCTMS which will likley costs you 1k depending on configuration. Additional note: The wheel you just purchased is not the wheel that will be modified unless you request so. DCT and other companies have an inventory of cores that they use as base for you configuration, that is why you send your wheel in after the fact.

Pricey yes but a good mod, especially for tip guys.

Last edited by eurotom; 05-17-2013 at 10:53 AM.
Old 05-17-2013, 02:36 PM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by eurotom
Leo DCTMS does not do retrofits, they will simply take your wheel and replace it with a modfied version.

You need to source the required parts and core PDK compatible wheel from Suncoast.

You Have two options:

Option 1
PDK wheel with paddles(no multifunction ) $989.
Airbag - $946
Steering wheel control module ~$220
Dealer programming and install ????

Option 2
Standard PDK wheel Push button type - ~$800
Airbag - same as above
Steering wheel control module- same as above
Multifunction switch kit for PDK - $650.
Dealer programming ????

Note in option two I've listed the MF switch kit seperately as when I requested to order a wheel with the MF already on there it was about 1k more than buying a standard wheel and replacing it with a multifunction face.

Once you have this sorted out you can send your wheel to DCTMS which will likley costs you 1k depending on configuration. Additional note: The wheel you just purchased is not the wheel that will be modified unless you request so. DCT and other companies have an inventory of cores that they use as base for you configuration, that is why you send your wheel in after the fact.

Pricey yes but a good mod, especially for tip guys.
Very detail and helpful information, and once you guys finished the upgrade, consider sell the original wheel to us, we always need the cores.

Old 05-17-2013, 02:45 PM
jgood will become famous soon enough
What about adding paddle shifters from a .2 to a .1 tiptronic wheel?

Old 05-17-2013, 09:57 PM
eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jgood
What about adding paddle shifters from a .2 to a .1 tiptronic wheel?
Yes reference Option 1 listed above in this thread: If you decide to move forward contact Ric and Suncoast he will ensure you get the correct PN's on order.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...nic-turbo.html

Old 05-18-2013, 07:16 AM
jgood will become famous soon enough
I want to keep the multi function part of my wheel and add paddle shifters.

Old 04-23-2014, 10:29 PM
pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by DCTMOTORSPORTS

Hi DCM, I'm looking for exactly the same multifunction 997.2 steering wheel as above, minus the paddles (behind the wheel) and the shifter buttons for my 997.1.

Could you provide cost with airbag?
Also what would the exchange be for an OEM core with airbag (multifunction 997.1 "triangle" wheel, black leather).

...I would assume I'd just need the control module from suncoast to make this all work.

Old 04-24-2014, 03:25 PM
cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !
Hi Ivan,

Beautiful work and I don't think I could resist. Questions please.

The sand beige wheel below has a thumb "defect" at 3 and 9 o'clock positions that I don't necessarily like (I am not talking about the thumb rest, but the concave defect/notch BELOW the thumb rest).
The extra thick black wheel does not **seem** to have this defect.

1. If I don't like to have that defect, do I have to order the extra thick wheel?
2. Are you familiar with BMW e90 M3 stock wheel? It has perfect thickness for me. Which one of your two wheels are closest to thickness of M3?
3. Would you please PM me some of the shops that have done the most wheels for you in Southern Cal?

NORMAL Thickness Wheel with "defect."

EXTRA Thick Wheel with seemingly less defect.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	steeringwheelsandbeigelabel_zpscda4c92d.jpg
Views:	1673
Size:	384.1 KB
ID:	365443   Click image for larger version

Name:	steeringwheelblack_zpse3e640a1.jpg
Views:	1612
Size:	166.6 KB
ID:	365444  
Old 05-07-2014, 10:27 PM
pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !
BUMP... DCM please see my note above. Looking to get this wheel in my car

Old 05-23-2014, 08:56 PM
Basic Sponsor
All alcantara type 997.1 987.2 thick padding steering wheel

Here is another project we made for customer

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	14113 997.2 thick Alcantara wrap (1).JPG
Views:	2394
Size:	127.4 KB
ID:	378191  
Old 05-29-2014, 05:18 PM
pvanosta is just really nicepvanosta is just really nicepvanosta is just really nicepvanosta is just really nicepvanosta is just really nice
subscribing

Old 08-01-2014, 10:53 PM
Basic Sponsor
Porsche 997.2 991 Porsche Sport Design steering wheel DCTMS conversion

Finish another new Porsche Sport Design steering wheel with
- DCTMS sportive flat bottom design
- GT3 9052 alcantara wrap
- Color ring on top and color stitching

Old 08-02-2014, 07:22 AM
Squat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to behold
LOL thats not a defect, its for ergonomics....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: DCTMS 997.2 extra thick steering wheel installed on a 997TT