997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997TT MK.1 PCM 3 conversion DONE :)

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 02-07-2013, 01:48 PM
Aisxos is a jewel in the roughAisxos is a jewel in the roughAisxos is a jewel in the rough
and how will you listen radio stations from internet?!

Old 02-07-2013, 01:49 PM
PAULG is just really nicePAULG is just really nicePAULG is just really nicePAULG is just really nicePAULG is just really nice
Nice work!
The I pad fit exactly?

Originally Posted by JoelPirela
you can put an iPad and paint the trim black...

Old 02-07-2013, 02:07 PM
GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by eclou
I have no reason to fault someone for profiting from a new innovative product or application of products, especially considering the amount of time and cost of items it involved. Without the motivation for profit very few people would strive to develop things for our cars. I would be willing to pay some premium to add a PCM3 to my 1st gen 997 turbo, as the band-aid Parrot and Dension on my car are sometimes very frustrating

I dont disagree with you but that is for Emre to decide and not for you or I.

Old 02-07-2013, 03:04 PM
JoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Aisxos

iPad mini with 4G and use Pandora or I Heart Radio app.

Yes, the iPad mini fits exactly that space...

Old 02-07-2013, 08:51 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
I'd buy one.

Old 02-08-2013, 12:13 AM
xbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Aisxos
If the pcm3 supports bt audio one just use spotify to stream music or use offline playlists if 3g reception is bad.

Old 02-08-2013, 01:34 AM
jr429 will become famous soon enoughjr429 will become famous soon enough
Can someone educate me on what the PCM is? In the last few weeks of having a 997.1 I've realized the OE head unit is utter garbage. Is this what we are talking about?

Is there demand to build a custom one? Why aren't aftermarket head units available? Thanks!

Old 02-08-2013, 02:38 AM
xbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jr429
Can someone educate me on what the PCM is? In the last few weeks of having a 997.1 I've realized the OE head unit is utter garbage. Is this what we are talking about?

Is there demand to build a custom one? Why aren't aftermarket head units available? Thanks!
Yes its the pcm, and yes in a 997.1 its garbage. There is some aftermarket units, though the MOST bus (fiber optic) used for communication between the head unit, navigation, cd-changer & amplifier makes upgrades non trivial if you cant use a newer porsche head unit.

Old 02-08-2013, 03:35 AM
Basic Sponsor
Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !
Hello guys,

Sorry for my late reply. I was out of town.

I'm waiting for "Sport button console" to arrive.

I will just test "Navigation" and "Sport button" functions. Everything else is working fine.

There is also custom wiring involved so i need to prepare a detailed guide.

Total price will vary on the base PCM model you choose.
(approx. between 3500 and 7000 euros including PCM etc.)

(There are lots of options, 1 CD or 6 CD changer models, Telephone module, Navigation, microphone etc...)

Will keep you posted as soon as i finish all the tests.

Cheers,
Emre

100-200km/h: 2.16 sec
200-300km/h: 3.43 sec
60-130mph: 2.52 sec
100-150mph: 2.19 sec
Email: emre@esmotor.com.tr
Web: http://www.esmotor.com.tr
Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/esmotor
Old 02-08-2013, 05:32 AM
Aisxos is a jewel in the roughAisxos is a jewel in the roughAisxos is a jewel in the rough
will you sell the new custom harness when you are ready?! as a retrofit kit !? (shall i wait or shall i try to fix mine?!)
the plugs between radio and amplifier are the same with the 2011 bose amplifier but the wiring inside the plug needs to be connected at different place...
I know my mechanic is close enough but he needs to find something more... He is already bored though but i insist...

Congrats Emre for making it work...

Old 02-08-2013, 08:40 AM
GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Emre@Esmotor
Hello guys,

Sorry for my late reply. I was out of town.

I'm waiting for "Sport button console" to arrive.

I will just test "Navigation" and "Sport button" functions. Everything else is working fine.

There is also custom wiring involved so i need to prepare a detailed guide.

Total price will vary on the base PCM model you choose.
(approx. between 3500 and 7000 euros including PCM etc.)

(There are lots of options, 1 CD or 6 CD changer models, Telephone module, Navigation, microphone etc...)

Will keep you posted as soon as i finish all the tests.

Cheers,
Emre

This is great news and thanks for keeping us informed!

Old 02-08-2013, 09:02 AM
Capt.Kirk is on a distinguished road
Congratulation for this great Update. I am interested too about a build in Manual from you.

Old 02-08-2013, 11:28 AM
jr429 will become famous soon enoughjr429 will become famous soon enough
Hypothetically speaking if someone had a good relationship with the manufacturers for high end OEM and aftermarket head units, and wanted to retrofit say an ARM 9 touch screen head unit into the porsche, what complications would you foresee?

For example this simply cannot be done without considerable expense in the GTR because many OEM functions (such as climate control, gauge readings, etc.) are integrated into the head unit. Does the 997.1 turbo face the same challenges?

Thanks!

Old 02-08-2013, 11:33 AM
Originally Posted by jr429
Hypothetically speaking if someone had a good relationship with the manufacturers for high end OEM and aftermarket head units, and wanted to retrofit say an ARM 9 touch screen head unit into the porsche, what complications would you foresee?

For example this simply cannot be done without considerable expense in the GTR because many OEM functions (such as climate control, gauge readings, etc.) are integrated into the head unit. Does the 997.1 turbo face the same challenges?

Thanks!
In the 997.1 its not much being controlled as far as I know and several threads has been about aftermarket head units in the 997.

If you have the bose system it is prob a bit trickier (if you want to keep it)

Old 02-09-2013, 07:36 AM
TT-911 is a splendid one to beholdTT-911 is a splendid one to beholdTT-911 is a splendid one to beholdTT-911 is a splendid one to beholdTT-911 is a splendid one to beholdTT-911 is a splendid one to beholdTT-911 is a splendid one to behold
You lose center display (under tach) info with aftermarket units and that is a no go for me.
The PCM3 kit should still give you this info.
It would bother me to just see some ---- when forking out good money for aftermarket. The arrow nav guidance in the center display makes it almost unnecessary to look at the monitor.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 997TT MK.1 PCM 3 conversion DONE :)