997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Goodbye CPO warranty

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-12-2013, 02:42 PM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
Goodbye CPO warranty

Today my cpo warranty ran out and I must say it was well worth the 3k it cost me to purchase when I bought the car. In return, it covered spoiler hydraulics, clutch accumulator, camshaft and some other minor things.

You will be missed!

But now I can do more mods without worrying about warranty coverage. Just waiting for an update in the other thread with pbox results for Champion 68s on pumpgas. Cue the sound of crickets/tumbleweed?

Old 03-12-2013, 04:04 PM
johnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nice
Originally Posted by The Bogg
Today my cpo warranty ran out and I must say it was well worth the 3k it cost me to purchase when I bought the car. In return, it covered spoiler hydraulics, clutch accumulator, camshaft and some other minor things.

You will be missed!

But now I can do more mods without worrying about warranty coverage. Just waiting for an update in the other thread with pbox results for Champion 68s on pumpgas. Cue the sound of crickets/tumbleweed?
Those few items have just scratched the surface if post-50K miles. That's when my 997.1 began coming apart and hasn't stopped yet and mines's a no-track DD. I keep extending my EasyCare but that has a bit more limitations than factory warranty.

Old 03-12-2013, 04:35 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
My old car had 70k miles, really only a clutch accum, nuthin major.

Old 03-13-2013, 08:34 AM
djben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond repute

You will be missed!

Same here... I had the cam work done, accumulator/slave and a few other things.

I did pick up a Fidelity aftermarket warranty before it expired. Hopefully I never have to use it.

Old 03-13-2013, 04:16 PM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !

You will be missed!

Let the fun begin!

Old 03-13-2013, 05:00 PM
zazzn is on a distinguished road
Hi Guys,

I'm looking at picking up a higher mile 997 with about 60k miles. Should I be worried? I was going to use it as a DD.. (Work from home most of the time) but other than that..

Old 03-13-2013, 06:58 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Nothing beats it as a dd.

Old 03-13-2013, 09:17 PM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by johnww
Those few items have just scratched the surface if post-50K miles. That's when my 997.1 began coming apart and hasn't stopped yet and mines's a no-track DD. I keep extending my EasyCare but that has a bit more limitations than factory warranty.
that doesn't sound good. Maybe yours was built on a Monday?

Mine has less than 30k miles on it at this time, hopefully it will age gracefully b/c I don't plan on selling it.

Old 03-14-2013, 12:27 AM
salerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud of
Amen on the Camshaft replace, I had mine done also through warranty also

Old 03-14-2013, 01:33 AM
Peskarik is infamous around these partsPeskarik is infamous around these parts
Everyone seems to be replacing the camshaft.

Can you guys tell me what kind of camshaft problem were you solving with replacement, how do I notice I have a problem and how much does it cost parts+labour?