997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Enclosed shippers?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-27-2013, 09:10 PM
kpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond repute
Enclosed shippers?

I'm looking at buying a vehicle in PA and shipping it to AZ. I've used Intercity and Reliable in the past, but they're a bit expensive for this kind of distance. Are there any others you would recommend me to check out? Any of you with a bad or good experience you'd like to share? Thanks in advance!

Old 04-28-2013, 04:40 AM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
You get what you pay for - I used Jim at InterCity for my turbo delivery a few years ago - I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Don't cut corners here.

Tell him I sent you.

Jim Bergeron at (800) 221-3936 x106 or via
email at jim@intercitylines.com

Old 04-28-2013, 05:34 AM
Nick-NY is a splendid one to beholdNick-NY is a splendid one to beholdNick-NY is a splendid one to beholdNick-NY is a splendid one to beholdNick-NY is a splendid one to beholdNick-NY is a splendid one to beholdNick-NY is a splendid one to behold
+1 for Jim @ Intercity.

Have you watched Shipping Wars?!!! Don't even risk damage to your car.

Old 04-28-2013, 05:48 AM
handdoc will become famous soon enough
we have used intercity for years, but my most recent experience wasnt a good one

ended up using EVT (enclosed vehicle transport)...they arranged me an enclosed carrier on 2 days notice to get my car from A to B...would look into them as well

Old 04-28-2013, 06:35 AM
PasPar2 is a name known to allPasPar2 is a name known to allPasPar2 is a name known to allPasPar2 is a name known to allPasPar2 is a name known to allPasPar2 is a name known to all
JP Logistics did right by me. GA->NY in <3 days

Old 04-28-2013, 01:04 PM
twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !
Who ever you use verify that it's a true enclosed trailer & isn't one of these ones that has soft roll up sides. I had my tt shipped from Chicago & paid for what i thought was enclosed & it showed in one of these soft sides trucks & was covered in a thick layer of dust.I complained but it was too late as they make you pay in full upfront ,plus it was a week late.It seems hard to get anyone to guarantee an actual delivery.

Old 04-28-2013, 02:31 PM
mto
mto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud of
I've used Intercity and Thomas Sunday several times with excellent results. IMO, the professional drivers are more important than the brand of carrier.

Old 04-28-2013, 04:17 PM
kpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by handdoc
we have used intercity for years, but my most recent experience wasnt a good one
Ditto. Thank you for the replies everyone- I'll look into these others!

Old 04-28-2013, 05:06 PM
denlinn is a jewel in the roughdenlinn is a jewel in the roughdenlinn is a jewel in the rough
Just used Plycar, and had a good experience.

Old 04-28-2013, 05:59 PM
paul29 is a splendid one to beholdpaul29 is a splendid one to beholdpaul29 is a splendid one to beholdpaul29 is a splendid one to beholdpaul29 is a splendid one to beholdpaul29 is a splendid one to beholdpaul29 is a splendid one to beholdpaul29 is a splendid one to behold
IntercityLines through Jim Bergeron, TX to Mass in January. No problems.

Old 04-28-2013, 06:01 PM
quick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant future
Intercity from KY > CT > KY.... On time pick up and within 2-3 days of pickup the car was delivered with out any drama/incident.

Old 05-06-2013, 03:58 AM
So I'd always used Intercity or Reliable in the past for when I wanted enclosed shipping (3 times for Intercity and 1 time for Reliable). Last experience with Intercity there was a mixup in the scheduling... So this time I thought I'd be smart and try something new and ship through one of the typical enclosed carriers that go through brokers.

What happened? Super fast shipping, that's what happened. 2300 mi in 3 days.

And here's the result:

They have thus far denied all responsibility, yet the scratch wasn't there when it was shipped and it was when it arrived.

You ask me, was it worth it? No. No it was not.

It's deep- through to the aluminum. Definitely not sure what to do at this point. It's a pearl black color that looks dark purple in certain light. What to do? The car is absolutely flawless other than this scratch on the fender. I am wondering how a dealer would handle this. I can't imagine if I traded it in to a dealership that they'd leave it with that scratch because it's so glaringly obvious with how flawless the rest of the car is. What would a dealer do before putting it on their lot? Wouldn't painting it risk devaluation, like if it were to be checked with a paint meter?

Attached Images  

Last edited by kpt6; 05-06-2013 at 04:05 AM. Reason: because.
Old 05-06-2013, 04:27 AM
handdoc will become famous soon enough
ouch that stinks...how can they deny responsibility, what about the original walk around diagram...if it wasnt noted there then its their issue

Old 05-06-2013, 09:23 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by handdoc
ouch that stinks...how can they deny responsibility, what about the original walk around diagram...if it wasnt noted there then its their issue
Agree - if the scratch was present, it should have been noted before the car was loaded...unless OP didn't notice until after he took delivery and signed all the releases, then I can see carrier denying responsibility.

Old 05-06-2013, 11:43 AM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Sorry to hear about the damage.

All the shippers I use do a vehicle body inspection and have you sign off on it before shipping.

I also photograph the before it is loaded on the transport.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Enclosed shippers?