997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Throttle reset

Old 08-14-2013, 05:40 PM
drsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant future
Throttle reset

Turn ignition to on (not start) for 60 seconds then off for 5 seconds then back on for 15 seconds - if you have the engine lid open you can hear the throttle readjusting. I do this about every quarter. Do this if you feel your throttle is sluggish or not as responsive as it maybe once was.

Old 08-16-2013, 08:13 AM
petegtsv10 is on a distinguished road
What does this procedure actually do?

Old 08-16-2013, 09:43 AM
drsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by petegtsv10
What does this procedure actually do?
resets throttle-by-wire mapping so throttle response becomes sharper as this can become sluggish at times

Last edited by drsullivan; 08-16-2013 at 09:47 AM.
Old 08-19-2013, 04:54 PM
reisskhan is on a distinguished road
drsullivan

Do we have to press anything or do anything else apart from leave the ignition on and off?

I tried your mentioned procedure but couldn't hear nothing in the engine bay and can't seem to notice the difference unless am doing something wrong?

thanks

Old 08-22-2013, 10:40 PM
Originally Posted by reisskhan
drsullivan

Do we have to press anything or do anything else apart from leave the ignition on and off?

I tried your mentioned procedure but couldn't hear nothing in the engine bay and can't seem to notice the difference unless am doing something wrong?

thanks
Sorry for the late response...nothing else is needed. When I do this I can hear the throttle body adjusting (motor sound) when the engine lid is up.

Old 08-22-2013, 10:50 PM
CBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant future
I did this right after installing the IPD plenum and throttle body. It calibrates the throttle so it's properly mapped regarding, fully closed to wide open and every point in between.

With the engine bay open I definitely heard what sounded like an electronic whine as the throttle was calibrating itself.

Old 08-29-2013, 02:09 PM
TAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond repute
I have the opposite problem..mine is simply too responsive, even on non-sport mode. Any fix for this?

Old 08-29-2013, 02:19 PM
CBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by TAILWAG
I have the opposite problem..mine is simply too responsive, even on non-sport mode. Any fix for this?
Unfortunately the only thing you can do is get rid of the car. I'd be willing to help you with this, I have extra space in my garage.

Old 08-29-2013, 02:24 PM
TAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CBADtt
Unfortunately the only thing you can do is get rid of the car. I'd be willing to help you with this, I have extra space in my garage.

All jokes aside, I do have that issue though. My car is extremely stiff with the motons, sways, cage, springs, all the urathene, solid metal and aftermarket mounts...any little bump it is very hard to adjust the throttle and sometimes I feel like I don't know how to drive the car...probably look like a beginner, especially around town on bumpy roads and when starting on 1st gear.

Sport-mode is almost undriveable...

Old 08-30-2013, 12:50 AM
MK23 has much to be proud ofMK23 has much to be proud ofMK23 has much to be proud ofMK23 has much to be proud ofMK23 has much to be proud ofMK23 has much to be proud ofMK23 has much to be proud ofMK23 has much to be proud ofMK23 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by drsullivan
Sorry for the late response...nothing else is needed. When I do this I can hear the throttle body adjusting (motor sound) when the engine lid is up.
I tried this several times tonight but didn't hear anything from the engine. Once the final 15 seconds passes when the ignition is on, are you supposed to turn it off or continue leaving it in the on position? Or are you supposed to turn the engine on fully? Sorry I'm sure when you typed it, it made sense to you but some of us need a little extra help

Thx

Old 08-30-2013, 07:12 AM
Originally Posted by MK23
I tried this several times tonight but didn't hear anything from the engine. Once the final 15 seconds passes when the ignition is on, are you supposed to turn it off or continue leaving it in the on position? Or are you supposed to turn the engine on fully? Sorry I'm sure when you typed it, it made sense to you but some of us need a little extra help

Thx
Turn ignition to on (switch position 1) for 60 seconds then off (switch position 3) for 5 seconds then back to switch position 1 (ignition on) for 15 seconds - during process you do not turn the switch to position 2 (start engine). After the last 15 second step key is returned to position 3. Here are the starter switch position steps: 1-3-1-3.

Old 08-30-2013, 08:44 AM
MK23 has much to be proud ofMK23 has much to be proud ofMK23 has much to be proud ofMK23 has much to be proud ofMK23 has much to be proud ofMK23 has much to be proud ofMK23 has much to be proud ofMK23 has much to be proud ofMK23 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by drsullivan
Turn ignition to on (switch position 1) for 60 seconds then off (switch position 3) for 5 seconds then back to switch position 1 (ignition on) for 15 seconds - during process you do not turn the switch to position 2 (start engine). After the last 15 second step key is returned to position 3. Here are the starter switch position steps: 1-3-1-3.
Thank you! That's exactly what I did but didn't hear anything. Maybe my throttle is already perfect . Thanks for the reply.

Old 08-30-2013, 09:39 PM
Jonnydeep83 is on a distinguished road
any idea if a car w/ tune would benefit from this?

Old 08-31-2013, 07:46 AM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
It may be the way it's tuned. Check with EVOMS. When I first put on the Proto flash I thought the throttle response was a little twitchy, especially in sport mode. However, the same flash was perfect for the upgraded vtgs, and I can even drive in town in sport mode without lurching.

Old 10-28-2013, 11:54 AM
kkswow12 is just really nicekkswow12 is just really nicekkswow12 is just really nicekkswow12 is just really nicekkswow12 is just really nice

All jokes aside, I do have that issue though. My car is extremely stiff with the motons, sways, cage, springs, all the urathene, solid metal and aftermarket mounts...any little bump it is very hard to adjust the throttle and sometimes I feel like I don't know how to drive the car...probably look like a beginner, especially around town on bumpy roads and when starting on 1st gear.

Sport-mode is almost undriveable...
sounds to me like that car should be on the track, trying to get from a to b as fast as you can, so throttle will always be either full on or full off, any feathering will be on pit lane...

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Throttle reset