997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Video: Corvette chasing Porsche

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-14-2013, 08:16 PM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
Video: Corvette chasing Porsche

This video was taken from the dash of a 60th anniversary Corvette convertible which basically has the Z06 engine with the ZR1 suspension. It's a beast! The owner had a Cadillac CTS-V last year and was hoping he could catch me this year in his new car... It starts off with me seeing him in my rear view mirror and waiting till he's close before I hit it. Enjoy.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	th_CorvetteandPorsche.jpg
Views:	348
Size:	7.9 KB
ID:	290046  
Old 10-14-2013, 08:21 PM
Lamborghini Fanatic
LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !
Z06 can't put up with the 997TT...

Good job!

Old 10-14-2013, 08:36 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Mosport is one of my bucket list tracks, reminds me of barber with that sharp right hander.
A stock vette is no match for your tt, bogg!

Old 10-14-2013, 09:10 PM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
Last year he came with a CTS-V. I was amazed at how well it handled the track, but he couldn't keep up with boggy's modded tt. The Corvette actually posted a faster time around this track than the McLaren b/c the Corvette driver has ***** of steel and drove it very well - and it does have 505 horses. The McLaren driver was good but definitely not a pro.

The track itself is now much safer. Turn 2 is a reverse camber, downhill, left-hander which has thrown off a couple of pro drivers every year - some have crashed into the wall and didn't survive. This year they got rid of the grass and paved the whole area (as runoff) so there is much more margin for error here and presumably there will be fewer deaths. It's a pretty fast track and quite exciting. I'm a novice but I really enjoyed it. Good choice for the bucket list!

Old 10-15-2013, 02:24 AM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
I saw a 2014 Corvette the other day (photo below) . The past models never appealed to me but this new car was gorgeous. It's no match Turbo but it can give a 991S quite a run according to this test comparison.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	corvette.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	142.8 KB
ID:	290091  
Old 10-15-2013, 05:33 AM
gerbs is a jewel in the roughgerbs is a jewel in the roughgerbs is a jewel in the roughgerbs is a jewel in the rough
No more link to the first post. I would have liked to see it.

Old 10-15-2013, 05:37 AM
Originally Posted by gerbs
No more link to the first post. I would have liked to see it.
works for me...just click the big picture and it takes you to the photobucket site hosting the video.

Old 10-15-2013, 05:39 AM
gerbs is a jewel in the roughgerbs is a jewel in the roughgerbs is a jewel in the roughgerbs is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by The Bogg
works for me...just click the big picture and it takes you to the photobucket site hosting the video.
Cheers Mate.

Old 10-15-2013, 07:17 AM
Originally Posted by yrralis1
I saw a 2014 Corvette the other day (photo below) . The past models never appealed to me but this new car was gorgeous. It's no match Turbo but it can give a 991S quite a run according to this test comparison. Track Tested: 2014 Chevy Corvette Stingray vs 2013 Porsche 911 -- Edmunds.com - YouTube
I like the front and the side view but the rear end screams Camaro. Oh well, hopefully I won't see the rear end too often anyway, lol.

Old 10-15-2013, 08:27 AM
Squat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to behold
watching a vette at full bore and the 911 walking away is awesome