997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Front fender flares.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-23-2013, 10:37 AM
GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !
Front fender flares.

Hi guys I am thinking of doing the front fender flares on my car and I know a few of you have done this.

Which parts did you use for this again was it the GT2 RS parts or the GT3 RS parts.

Also what spacers did you use to make the wheels sit flush.

Thanks in advance.

Old 12-23-2013, 12:50 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Do you have the monolug wheels? I don't think there are spacers for those.

On twturbo's (Adam's) car (he has a 997.1 turbo with the GT2 fenders), he has aftermarket wheels with different offset. From what I remember (from speaking with BBI Autosport), he has longer upper and lower control arms as well.

Old 12-23-2013, 01:19 PM
Basic Sponsor
PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by GTRNICK
Hi guys I am thinking of doing the front fender flares on my car and I know a few of you have done this.

Which parts did you use for this again was it the GT2 RS parts or the GT3 RS parts.

Also what spacers did you use to make the wheels sit flush.

Thanks in advance.
We used the GT3 RS flare for the fender and the GT2 RS flare for the piece that goes against the front bumper. Hope that helps!

Edwin

Old 12-23-2013, 01:19 PM
yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by longboarder
Do you have the monolug wheels? I don't think there are spacers for those.

On twturbo's (Adam's) car (he has a 997.1 turbo with the GT2 fenders), he has aftermarket wheels with different offset. From what I remember (from speaking with BBI Autosport), he has longer upper and lower control arms as well.
Adams car is sick. Definitely was not cheap though!

Old 12-23-2013, 01:23 PM
GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PrecisionPorsch
We used the GT3 RS flare for the fender and the GT2 RS flare for the piece that goes against the front bumper. Hope that helps!

Edwin
Thanks Edwin I thought it was that way round.

Plus I need the side indicators.

Do you know how many mm extra they give in width?

Old 12-23-2013, 01:27 PM
Basic Sponsor
PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !
Thanks Edwin I thought it was that way round.

Plus I need the side indicators.

Do you know how many mm extra they give in width?
I can measure it for you when I get home. I would venture to say 10-15mm but will have something solid for you in a few hours.

The side indicators can be had off of ebay (~$60) but the plugs are not the same.

Edwin

Old 12-23-2013, 01:28 PM
Basic Sponsor

Edwin

FYI, even on this set up, the flare on the front bumper will not sit perfectly flush. it still needs to be modified some

Edwin

Old 12-23-2013, 01:33 PM
FYI, even on this set up, the flare on the front bumper will not sit perfectly flush. it still needs to be modified some

Edwin
You mean some shaving or cutting or manipulation?

If I have to do to much to get them to fit and also fit extra wide spacers Ill give it a miss as the wheels I have are very expansive and don't fancy buying new wheels!

Cheers for the help.

Old 12-23-2013, 01:39 PM
Basic Sponsor
You mean some shaving or cutting or manipulation?

If I have to do to much to get them to fit and also fit extra wide spacers Ill give it a miss as the wheels I have are very expansive and don't fancy buying new wheels!

Cheers for the help.
Well we retrofitted our flares so I'm sure what we went through may be a little overkill for someone that used the oem pieces. Easy888 did his with oem pieces so I'm sure he can chime in better.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ing-along.html

Edwin

Old 12-23-2013, 08:21 PM
twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !
Like the other guys said a went for the full OEM GT2RS Cf fender & not the stick on flares, we still had to modify the small stick on GT2RS piece that fits on the bumper to make it fit the turbo bumper.The problem with the stick on flares is how the wheel doesn't look right afterwards imho & you can only do so much spacer wise ,because you don't actually gain any room because your fenders are still behind the stick on flares.With the Cf fenders you actually gain a lot of room in there & we had to get bigger offsets & longer control arms to get the stance just right with no spacers.But it was so worth it, it's very subtle but you definitely notice how wide it looks in person.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0852.jpg
Views:	4426
Size:	82.1 KB
ID:	314497   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3699.jpg
Views:	4087
Size:	130.8 KB
ID:	314498   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3704-2.jpg
Views:	6110
Size:	76.0 KB
ID:	314499   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0853.jpg
Views:	4369
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	314517  

Last edited by twturbo; 12-24-2013 at 01:29 AM.
Old 12-23-2013, 11:33 PM
eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !
^best looking turbo on the forum period! I may have already asked on one of your threads but would you mind posting wheel specs?

OP OEM is the only way to go!

Old 12-23-2013, 11:37 PM
elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by eurotom
^best looking turbo on the forum period! I may have already asked on one of your threads but would you mind posting wheel specs?

OP OEM is the only way to go!

Agreed, love this car.

(Personal Preference Here.) If the grill strakes were removed, it would be amazing from the front end. Did this 0$ change and love it on my car.

Old 12-24-2013, 01:22 AM
twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !
Thanks wheels are ADV's 10.1 SL's 19x12 & 19x8.5 offsets where same as GT2RS with cf flares specs which i'm positive where 47 & 48 tires are Mpsc 245 35 19 & 325 30 19 & no spacer's all suspension magic from Joey at BBI Motorsport in Huntington Beach CA.
I was lucky & had some patience & picked up all these parts over the last year here on 6speed the OEM GT2RS dry carbon hood the OEM Aero kit wing & the CF fenders (which where already painted factory GT silver when i got them)all for about 50 cents on the dollar from new prices & it still cost a fortuneNot to mention all the misc parts like side marker lights ,wheel well liners ,suspension goodies etc ,etc.

Last edited by twturbo; 12-24-2013 at 01:35 AM.
Old 12-24-2013, 04:52 PM
Thanks to all of you guys for your advice and opinions.

Merry Christmas.

Old 12-26-2013, 08:41 PM
amw
amw is a glorious beacon of lightamw is a glorious beacon of lightamw is a glorious beacon of lightamw is a glorious beacon of lightamw is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by twturbo
Like the other guys said a went for the full OEM GT2RS Cf fender & not the stick on flares, we still had to modify the small stick on GT2RS piece that fits on the bumper to make it fit the turbo bumper.The problem with the stick on flares is how the wheel doesn't look right afterwards imho & you can only do so much spacer wise ,because you don't actually gain any room because your fenders are still behind the stick on flares.With the Cf fenders you actually gain a lot of room in there & we had to get bigger offsets & longer control arms to get the stance just right with no spacers.But it was so worth it, it's very subtle but you definitely notice how wide it looks in person.
Those fender flares look incredibly good!!!! Must resist this mod...... This forum costs me soooo much money!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Front fender flares.