997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997.1 turbo boost issue ..... C1612 code: boost pressure electric actuator b2 stiff

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-25-2014, 03:21 PM
wickedbull is on a distinguished road
997.1 turbo boost issue ..... C1612 code: boost pressure electric actuator b2 stiff

Can anyone tell me what could be the cause for this C1612 code: boost pressure electric actuator b2 stiff Implausible signal ? Could it be the turbo itself or the module that sits on the turbo....I'm not getting boost past 9psi .... Stock tune.....

Old 04-25-2014, 04:26 PM
997TTMeister will become famous soon enough
It sounds like one of your actuators is sticking. Not allowing the vanes to close, limiting your boost.

It was a common problem on earlier models, which had a campaign of lubricating them as the fix. Your dealer can check them within minutes.

Old 04-25-2014, 04:31 PM
The dealer did replace the link rods thinking that would resolve it but it did not. I was planning on going with bigger turbos 63.5 or 65mm and before I purchased them I wanted to make sure this issue was resolved so it does not reoccur when I get bigger turbos .... So Replacing the turbos would resolve this issue ?

Old 04-26-2014, 12:52 PM
alwaysturbos is on a distinguished road
Try upgrading the divertor valves on your turbos. If you upgrade your turbos later, you can put them on the new vtg's. The stock dv's seem to be flimsy compared to some aftermarket dv's that are metal. I run the Forge dv's. If you plan on getting a tune, you can also get a Durametric cable and run a datalog to see what the car is doing exactly

Old 04-27-2014, 10:23 AM
Thanks ! I already have evoms dv.... Looks like I'm going with bigger turbos ... It better fix the issue lol

Old 04-27-2014, 11:22 AM
GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by wickedbull
Thanks ! I already have evoms dv.... Looks like I'm going with bigger turbos ... It better fix the issue lol
Have you sprayed the actuators? Do they spring back? Check them before you go spend lots of money for nothing.

Old 04-27-2014, 12:27 PM
Yes we did .... Even replaced the linkage rods ...

Old 04-27-2014, 12:28 PM
GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !
Yes we did .... Even replaced the linkage rods ...
You saw them change it?

Old 04-27-2014, 12:32 PM
No .... I would hope I can trust a Porsche dealer but will confirm this week ... Taking it to a local Porsche tech to confirm ... They charged me 800 for replacing them and couple hrs of diagnosis

Old 04-27-2014, 12:34 PM
No .... I would hope I can trust a Porsche dealer but will confirm this week ... Taking it to a local Porsche tech to confirm ... They charged me 800 for replacing them and couple hrs of diagnosis
Should have asked them for the old parts. I personally think you should jack your car up and take a look yourself and also take it to a reputable indie. Main dealers can be stealers at times.

Old 04-27-2014, 12:42 PM
Yeah will do .... Thx

Old 04-27-2014, 12:47 PM
Yeah will do .... Thx
No probs. I would always attempt to fix the car as is before spending the big doe.

Old 04-27-2014, 11:51 PM
xbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GTRNICK
No probs. I would always attempt to fix the car as is before spending the big doe.
+1 would not try to upgrade/mod a car that isnt 100%. You will be adding new unknown variables and just make debugging the car more complex.

I would first figure out whats wrong before doing anything else.

Old 04-28-2014, 04:13 AM
Will keep u posted once my local Porsche tech looks at it this week .... Swapping the actuator module off the turbo to see if that fixes the issue ... If not then should leave the turbo itself as root cause ?

Old 04-28-2014, 04:31 AM
xbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond repute
Will keep u posted once my local Porsche tech looks at it this week .... Swapping the actuator module off the turbo to see if that fixes the issue ... If not then should leave the turbo itself as root cause ?
Cables to the actuator damaged?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997.1 turbo boost issue ..... C1612 code: boost pressure electric actuator b2 stiff