997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

GIAC+bolt-on 997.2 Turbo S takes on 1,000 HP Ford GT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-15-2014, 07:44 AM
ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by webcarconnection
Good, what is it?
+1
Although, I saw in a video that Betim mentioned upgraded HPFP. I just haven't seen anything anywhere else on it so I don't know if it's on the market yet.

Old 07-15-2014, 08:39 AM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ecpChris
+1
Although, I saw in a video that Betim mentioned upgraded HPFP. I just haven't seen anything anywhere else on it so I don't know if it's on the market yet.

Not only fuel system, I just saw a built PDK trans at their shop yesterday

And yes it was welded back together ready for testing.

Old 07-15-2014, 08:51 AM
ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by longboarder
Not only fuel system, I just saw a built PDK trans at their shop yesterday

And yes it was welded back together ready for testing.
So that's where your car has been.......
hahahaha

Old 07-15-2014, 10:58 AM
Former Vendor
Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !
Yep... a little bird toll me that if you want the "Champion 9 Sec Tune" you need to upgrade the fuel system.

I don't know if you use high oct unleaded fuel (like 116) the fuel system hold more whp on this cars, but is a theory
Can your little bird tell me where to find this mythical upgraded fueling system? These files are not tuned for 116, the race mode is tuned for 104 octane. Slower burning fuels without enough timing ignition timing to spark the fuel can actually degrade performance because the fuel burns so slowly, it can cause misfires.

Old 07-15-2014, 11:31 AM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
Longboarder,

Really impressive. Good job!

Old 07-15-2014, 11:53 AM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
So that's where your car has been.......
hahahaha
haha I wish. I don't have the ***** to have someone cut up my pdk yet. But Betim at BBi does. He cut it open and the only thing I saw was the final product welded back together. I don't know the clutch pack specs yet as BBi is keeping the info close to the vest for now. But it should be going into one of their shop cars soon!

Originally Posted by Renaissance.Man
Longboarder,

Really impressive. Good job!
Thanks appreciate it!

Old 07-15-2014, 08:45 PM
otis is a splendid one to beholdotis is a splendid one to beholdotis is a splendid one to beholdotis is a splendid one to beholdotis is a splendid one to beholdotis is a splendid one to beholdotis is a splendid one to behold
Cannot argue the video, but I can and will continue to doubt the HP number claims are that accurate. Sorry nothing changes the physics of a vehicle. You either have way more HP than you are claiming (most likely with all the video kill posts) or the cars you claim to have killed are not as powerful as you claim.

The videos are fun, but to claim a 700hp awd car is killing everyone? Let's get real here.

Otis

Old 07-15-2014, 09:10 PM
dvpouldar26 is a splendid one to beholddvpouldar26 is a splendid one to beholddvpouldar26 is a splendid one to beholddvpouldar26 is a splendid one to beholddvpouldar26 is a splendid one to beholddvpouldar26 is a splendid one to beholddvpouldar26 is a splendid one to behold
+1
From what I've heard, the upgraded system uses secondary port fuel injectors that spray only under load. I guess this averts the use of an upgraded lpfp, as done in the BMW n54 motors, which is somewhat of a bandaid fix. Only a few companies have successfully been able to develop an upgraded hpfp, such as APR.

Old 07-15-2014, 10:25 PM
webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Austin@GIAC
Can your little bird tell me where to find this mythical upgraded fueling system? These files are not tuned for 116, the race mode is tuned for 104 octane. Slower burning fuels without enough timing ignition timing to spark the fuel can actually degrade performance because the fuel burns so slowly, it can cause misfires.

Ok but what is the injector % when the car is @ 600whp on a mustang dyno with 104oct?

Most of the tuners (including You guys) saw fuel limitation near this whp... Just saying the facts

Old 07-15-2014, 10:43 PM
webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !
Speaking of facts, the other day went to the track with some buddys and one of them have a Alpha 6 592whp GTR. We both made more than 5 runs between 12pm and 3pm (very hot @112deg) and my 997.2 (568whp) always did 1mph more than his GTR.

I have to give credit to this cars that can run very strong vs other supercars with more whp and more mods.

Last edited by webcarconnection; 07-15-2014 at 10:46 PM.
Old 07-16-2014, 11:34 AM
Originally Posted by otis
Cannot argue the video, but I can and will continue to doubt the HP number claims are that accurate. Sorry nothing changes the physics of a vehicle. You either have way more HP than you are claiming (most likely with all the video kill posts) or the cars you claim to have killed are not as powerful as you claim.

The videos are fun, but to claim a 700hp awd car is killing everyone? Let's get real here.

Otis
Speaking of facts, the other day went to the track with some buddys and one of them have a Alpha 6 592whp GTR. We both made more than 5 runs between 12pm and 3pm (very hot @112deg) and my 997.2 (568whp) always did 1mph more than his GTR.

I have to give credit to this cars that can run very strong vs other supercars with more whp and more mods.
You guys have hit the nail on the head. The most significant thing going on here is that the 997.2 PDK is going to faster than any other car, given the same HP/weight/aero ratio. Even the GTR. There is no other car as efficient given the level of grip and shift speeds of the PDK.

Now there is another thing going on as well as pointed out by Otis. While I haven't dyno'd my car, I have a strong feeling it is making more than 700 crank. How much more, I dunno. But given the outcome of some of my races, it seems like it is more in the 725-750 range. But I like to sandbag a little. So for these events, I will generally estimate HP a little lower

Also, the FGT just finished another run when we got in line to race. So the FGT could have been heat soaked. Therefore, it is very likely that he was down a lot of power....and not producing the full 800+ wheel like it did on the dyno in ideal conditions. Now my car was cool - I hadn't ran in at least 30 minutes. So I will concede Otis that maybe this car was down maybe up to 100 horsepower on this run..so down to maybe 900 HP. And like I said, the FGT had a passenger and I didn't.

So maybe the result makes sense if the FGT was at 900 HP for this run, I was at 725-750 HP, and FGT was heavier with a driver +passenger, and my drivetrain is a lot more efficient. 150 HP isn't that much of a delta at these power levels....and the FGT did start pulling once we hit 145 mph.

Old 07-16-2014, 02:21 PM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
Longboarder, as I've said before you have a great car and thanks for the videos. Rep points for you for not getting baited into a war of words.

Old 07-16-2014, 03:42 PM
Longboarder;

check your whp on a dyno to know where your at, but at the end they are just numbers... Races vs other cars is where the fun begins. Nice runs!

I will like to retune on 104 oct gas to see the difference vs the 93oct tune.

I love this car

Last edited by webcarconnection; 07-16-2014 at 03:45 PM.
Old 07-16-2014, 03:56 PM
Longboarder;

check your whp on a dyno to know where your at, but at the end they are just numbers... Races vs other cars is where the fun begins. Nice runs!

I will like to retune on 104 oct gas to see the difference vs the 93oct tune.

I love this car
Thanks. When I only had the tune and plenum (Stage 1+), I couldn't fee a big difference between the Race file and the Pump file.

But now that I'm stage 2, there is a much bigger difference, which is great for the airstrip and drag race events. It sounds like you participate in racing events as well and so for those, it would be great if you could get a higher octane map.

I really should dyno, but like you said it's just numbers and the real fun is running against cars on the same day/conditions.

Old 07-16-2014, 03:57 PM
Originally Posted by The Bogg
Longboarder, as I've said before you have a great car and thanks for the videos. Rep points for you for not getting baited into a war of words.
Appreciate it

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GIAC+bolt-on 997.2 Turbo S takes on 1,000 HP Ford GT