997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

On route to a PROPER handling Porsche 997 Turbo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-30-2015, 08:51 AM
pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cannga

1* Brand new set from a "local friend"? Unless this friend is an authorized dealer, doesn't this mean there will be no warranty from this shock? You are willing to do that at this point?

2* PASM failure could likely be an electronic, not mechanical problem. *If* indeed your car had 3 straight failures (nearly an impossibility in a functioning system), the implication to me is that there is a short or an electronic problem somewhere that is *still* there. Putting in another system could just result in another failure.

3* Honestly, there is something sort of wild about this whole story that confuses me, but regardless, I feel your pain. Best of luck and remember there are 4 non-PASM alternatives that you could move to that likely will solve your problem instantly: KW V3, Ohlins, Bilstein B8, Bilstein B16 PSS10.
1) Oh yes, warranty is in tact
2) Cannga - hmmm, "me don't think so". If you've read my notes, and of that opinion - you may need to touch up on the principals of electrical engineering and electrical systems.
3) Not interested after I'v got my suspension set juuuuust right. If it fails again... i've made piece with it. An explosive video will follow: "bilstein shocks vs. .50 cal, at the shooting range".

PS. You'd better like my numbered bullet lists and bolding of text...
...just taking the **** cannga... enjoy the weekend!

Last edited by pureporsche; 05-30-2015 at 09:03 AM.