997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

anyone else with evoms 720/750 huge lag before 3500rpm

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-03-2014, 06:47 PM
Flunati1 has a spectacular aura aboutFlunati1 has a spectacular aura aboutFlunati1 has a spectacular aura about
anyone else with evoms 720/750 huge lag before 3500rpm

I have the evoms 720/750 on my 2007 tt.. huge power after 3500 rpm. Off the line the car is dead in 1st gear until 3500 rpm. I have data logged and sent to evoms... all is good. These results really just measuring above 3000 rpm in 3rd and 4th gear... my problem is directly off the line, no matter how I launch the car, there is nothing.... (it is a 6 speed)... I know there is more lag with the bigger turbo but there must be some way to pick up some power off the line.

Old 09-03-2014, 07:07 PM
DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !
what kind of turbos are on the evoms kit ? i thought the 7xx hp kits had modded vtgs ?

Old 09-03-2014, 07:10 PM
Flunati1 has a spectacular aura aboutFlunati1 has a spectacular aura aboutFlunati1 has a spectacular aura about
They are the vtg's...

Old 09-03-2014, 07:14 PM
I originally had the 620/650 kit which uses the stock turbo... I almost wish I would have kept it the way it was... although over 3500 rpm is pretty sick...

Old 09-03-2014, 07:20 PM
DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !
its definitely not ur clutch slipping ?
psm off ?
maybe the actuators on the turbo are stuck ?

data logging doesn't always tell you everything.

just curious, how does the power after 3500 compare to stock vtgs ?(my rebuilt 65mm vtgs should be delivered on saturday).

Old 09-03-2014, 07:29 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
+1 on the actuators. It has happened to us before. They can be checked and even calibrated. I think an IPD plenum would feel good as well if you don't have it already but I would say your issue is actuator related.

Old 09-03-2014, 07:49 PM
I replaced an actuator right after the kit was installed... which definitely took care of the problem I was having early on... I brought it back to the installer who insists all is good.. then I here from the mechanic who worked on it who agrees there is definitely something wrong... evoms thinks I'm crazy and the installer I'm sure has had it with me complaining... but how do I just ignore the fact that I know this car is not running right off the line?? So frustrating! I even offered to fly someone from evoms to come and drive the damn car... no reponse to that part of my email...

Old 09-04-2014, 06:46 AM
Thenewguy is a glorious beacon of lightThenewguy is a glorious beacon of lightThenewguy is a glorious beacon of lightThenewguy is a glorious beacon of lightThenewguy is a glorious beacon of lightThenewguy is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Flunati1
I replaced an actuator right after the kit was installed... which definitely took care of the problem I was having early on... I brought it back to the installer who insists all is good.. then I here from the mechanic who worked on it who agrees there is definitely something wrong... evoms thinks I'm crazy and the installer I'm sure has had it with me complaining... but how do I just ignore the fact that I know this car is not running right off the line?? So frustrating! I even offered to fly someone from evoms to come and drive the damn car... no reponse to that part of my email...
Super strange. I have twin Alpha 3076s and I don't get THAT much lag, even on pump gas...something must be going on. Maybe have the actuators checked again, maybe check the solenoid as well? I wonder if you could have the tune checked by someone else also, perhaps they could locate issues in it

Old 09-04-2014, 07:12 AM
ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !
I also think it's the actuators. You can lay on the ground and try wiggling them from under the car pretty easily. That would be the easiest and quickest way to check.

Old 09-04-2014, 10:14 AM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
I originally had the 620/650 kit which uses the stock turbo... I almost wish I would have kept it the way it was... although over 3500 rpm is pretty sick...
I don't think even modded vtgs do a whole lot below 3500rpm, and also most tuners program it that way so that the torque doesn't bend rods. If you find out that something was wrong please post the info, but I suspect that it's "normal" if you are happy with the response after 3500rpm

Old 09-04-2014, 10:28 AM
SeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud of
I have a "sort-a" Evoms 700 kit/tune. All of the parts essentially plus a 3.8L built motor. Still on modified VTGs. I have a little lag but the boost definitely comes on before 3500 rpm.

I feel your pain when it comes to being ignored by Evoms though...good luck with that.

Old 09-04-2014, 11:11 AM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Replace the other actuator.

Give me a call if I can help.

Old 09-04-2014, 12:45 PM
xbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond reputexbox_fan has a reputation beyond repute
Buy a Cobb and get stellar support?

Old 09-04-2014, 01:14 PM
Former Vendor
Kai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant futureKai@ELITEMS has a brilliant future
Saw you're located in NY, if you'd like drop off the car we'll diagnose it for you.

Old 09-04-2014, 01:42 PM
Former Vendor
^ Nice offer. Best to diagnose properly it its available near you. At the least you will have more confidence in purchasing the other actuator.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: anyone else with evoms 720/750 huge lag before 3500rpm