997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Wish list

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-18-2014, 09:17 AM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
Wish list

It's that time of the year when it would be nice to get an extra special deal on some P-car parts.

1. I'm looking for increased front downforce so I'd appreciate any suggestions for a replacement front spoiler lip. Hopefully not too pricey, looks good, functional, and easy to install!

2. Sharkwerks coolant pipe kit - any 6speed special deals on this?

Vendors welcome to post their spoiler lip options.

thanks

Old 12-18-2014, 10:18 AM
Tareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant future
Hey Bogg,

I also have the coolant fix on the to do list before 2014 ends.

I wanted to ask question maybe you or other members can answer; I have found 2 results online for the coolant fix but I'm not sure which one is needed to resolve the coolant issue or what's the difference between both:

1- Sharkwerks: http://sharkwerks.com/products.php?pid=394
2- Torque Solution: http://www.torquesolution.com/product-p/ts-por-001.htm

Any advice would help, thanks in advance, and sorry if this is considered a "Hijack"

Old 12-19-2014, 08:23 AM
Basic Sponsor
Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Tareq
Hey Bogg,

I wanted to ask question maybe you or other members can answer; I have found 2 results online for the coolant fix but I'm not sure which one is needed to resolve the coolant issue or what's the difference between both:

Any advice would help, thanks in advance, and sorry if this is considered a "Hijack"
two different things. short answer. you need the sharkwerks set because 997 came with poopy plastic elbows that crack.

the TS set is replacement for stock fittings in coolant maniolfd. you do not have to replace them you can weld the factory fittings into place just like you would have to weld these.

997TT SlowBerry - 205.0 mph 1/2 Mile WR Nov 2018, 9.7 @ 170 mph 1/4 Mile , 3.2 60-130 mph , 2.4 100-150 mph , 1420whp E85
ESMOTOR | DO88 | TPC DSC | SYVECS | COBB | IPD | KLINE | XONA | AMS | ID | ERP | SACHS | TURBOSMART | CSF | DODSON |
Old 12-19-2014, 09:59 AM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Tareq
Hey Bogg,

Hi Tareq,

I am getting my coolant pipes pinned (rather than welded). The Sharkwerks parts are in addition to the pinning, they are a different part. As Prodigy pointed out, they are a point of weakness so may as well replace them while the other work is being done.

BTW, I did reply to your PM a while back, I presume you got the info you needed.

Old 12-19-2014, 10:04 AM
ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !
I too would love a little end of year special on a few things from my xmas list (cf front splitter, vorsteiner or gt2 cf decklid maybe, meth kit, etc etc). Surprisingly there was no Black Friday specials either.

Old 12-19-2014, 10:53 AM
Undercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond repute
We can provide it all....

we have deals on all the parts that you need email me directly

undercoverperformanceinc@gmail.com
856-382-7543

Originally Posted by ecpChris
I too would love a little end of year special on a few things from my xmas list (cf front splitter, vorsteiner or gt2 cf decklid maybe, meth kit, etc etc). Surprisingly there was no Black Friday specials either.

Old 12-19-2014, 10:56 AM
Tareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant future
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by prodigymb
two different things. short answer. you need the sharkwerks set because 997 came with poopy plastic elbows that crack.

the TS set is replacement for stock fittings in coolant maniolfd. you do not have to replace them you can weld the factory fittings into place just like you would have to weld these.
Originally Posted by The Bogg
Hi Tareq,

I am getting my coolant pipes pinned (rather than welded). The Sharkwerks parts are in addition to the pinning, they are a different part. As Prodigy pointed out, they are a point of weakness so may as well replace them while the other work is being done.

BTW, I did reply to your PM a while back, I presume you got the info you needed.
Thank you for the clarification guys and Bogg for the PM your advice helped a lot.

Old 12-19-2014, 10:59 AM
Undercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond repute
Pm's sent on the sharkwerks, as we make these in house as well!

Undercoverperformanceinc@gmail.com

Old 12-19-2014, 03:26 PM
Originally Posted by Undercover Tuning
Pm's sent on the sharkwerks, as we make these in house as well!

Undercoverperformanceinc@gmail.com

nice! Do you have front spoiler lip options for a 2007 tt?

Old 12-19-2014, 05:50 PM
Gotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to behold
My Xmas lists for my 997.1 TT are:
Techart style front lip (replica is fine)
OEM GT2 side skirts
Quad exhaust tips (Fabspeed or similar)
Vendor PM me if you have these listing

Old 12-19-2014, 06:37 PM
DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !DSCOFF Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by The Bogg
1. I'm looking for increased front downforce so I'd appreciate any suggestions for a replacement front spoiler lip. Hopefully not too pricey, looks good, functional, and easy to install!
I'm not sure if he makes them for the 997 already, but he definitely could. PM Joe Toth: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ter-996tt.html

Old 12-19-2014, 08:54 PM
Originally Posted by DSCOFF
I'm not sure if he makes them for the 997 already, but he definitely could. PM Joe Toth: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ter-996tt.html
thanks for the tip, that looks interesting.