997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

what is the best center lock wheel out there!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-04-2015, 04:23 PM
ilhan997 can only hope to improve
what is the best center lock wheel out there!!

looking for some good light weight center lock wheels!!!

Old 01-04-2015, 05:39 PM
ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !
Check out OZ Superforgiatta from tire rack. Also HRE p101s, champion magnesium wheels, and I believe GMG makes a lightweight wheel as well.

Old 01-04-2015, 06:01 PM
moacur has a reputation beyond reputemoacur has a reputation beyond reputemoacur has a reputation beyond reputemoacur has a reputation beyond reputemoacur has a reputation beyond reputemoacur has a reputation beyond reputemoacur has a reputation beyond reputemoacur has a reputation beyond reputemoacur has a reputation beyond reputemoacur has a reputation beyond reputemoacur has a reputation beyond repute
Old 01-04-2015, 10:52 PM
550bryan has much to be proud of550bryan has much to be proud of550bryan has much to be proud of550bryan has much to be proud of550bryan has much to be proud of550bryan has much to be proud of550bryan has much to be proud of550bryan has much to be proud of550bryan has much to be proud of550bryan has much to be proud of
Old 01-05-2015, 01:54 AM
Aisxos is a jewel in the roughAisxos is a jewel in the roughAisxos is a jewel in the rough
I just installed the GT2rs oem centerlocks...

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-379491503.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	457.9 KB
ID:	411266  
Old 01-05-2015, 04:07 AM
Zybane is on a distinguished road
My favorite by far are HRE P101's. They are lightweight and best looking wheel IMO.

Old 01-05-2015, 09:47 AM
speedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Aisxos
I just installed the GT2rs oem centerlocks...
Is that the white gold color?

To the OP: the answer is simple. Either get HRE p101 or some SC line HRE, GT2 RS OEM wheels, or the new BBS f1. There is a thread in the 991 turbo section on them. The bbs are the lightest out of all of these.

Old 01-05-2015, 01:21 PM
Banned
IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !
I do not think BBS F1 available as CL. I'd go with OEM GT2 RS wheel as nos 1 choice as they are amazingly cheap in comparison to HRE P101 or BBS (teile.com have sets for sale usually) etc and other high end wheels. I do like the GMG LMS style wheel in CL as they're pretty original. I also like the GMG WC GT stye wheel in CL configuration.

http://www.gmgracing.com/project/997...-s-lms-wheels/

http://www.gmgracing.com/store/2007/...nter-lock.html

Old 01-05-2015, 01:29 PM
daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !
Get some monoblock CS's from ADV.1. You can choose any style you want and they have this new CS line that is engineered for the curb weight of the specific car's weight. No way to get a lighter, concave wheel than these...

Here's an example they did for a 458 Speciale: http://www.adv1wheels.com/blog/the-j...roject-update/

Got them noticeably lighter than the OEM magnesium wheels.

Here is an example... not my favorite style but it's certainly what i'm ordering up in about a month for the GTR.

Old 01-05-2015, 01:31 PM
speedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by IMI A
I do not think BBS F1 available as CL. I'd go with OEM GT2 RS wheel as nos 1 choice as they are amazingly cheap in comparison to HRE P101 or BBS (teile.com have sets for sale usually) etc and other high end wheels. I do like the GMG LMS style wheel in CL as they're pretty original. I also like the GMG WC GT stye wheel in CL configuration.

http://www.gmgracing.com/project/997...-s-lms-wheels/

http://www.gmgracing.com/store/2007/...nter-lock.html
I've only seen GT2 RS wheels for 10k+. Post a link on tiele where they are cheaper.

The new BBS F1 wheel is available in CL. As I said a member here has a thread on them. He is apparently the first to get them in the US.

Old 01-05-2015, 01:32 PM
Originally Posted by daedalus
Get some monoblock CS's from ADV.1. You can choose any style you want and they have this new CS line that is engineered for the curb weight of the specific car's weight. No way to get a lighter, concave wheel than these...

Here's an example they did for a 458 Speciale: http://www.adv1wheels.com/blog/the-j...roject-update/

Got them noticeably lighter than the OEM magnesium wheels.

Here is an example... not my favorite style but it's certainly what i'm ordering up in about a month for the GTR.

I like ADV.1 but there are a lot of horror stories about their wheels breaking.

Old 01-05-2015, 01:36 PM
Banned
IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !
Depends whether you're bothered new or used.

New Euros 1800 and used Euros 1000

http://teile.com/en/porsche-tequipme...8-silver/20152

Old 01-05-2015, 01:37 PM
Aisxos is a jewel in the roughAisxos is a jewel in the roughAisxos is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by speedsterr
Is that the white gold color? To the OP: the answer is simple. Either get HRE p101 or some SC line HRE, GT2 RS OEM wheels, or the new BBS f1. There is a thread in the 991 turbo section on them. The bbs are the lightest out of all of these.
Yes!

Old 01-05-2015, 01:38 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by speedsterr
I've only seen GT2 RS wheels for 10k+. Post a link on tiele where they are cheaper.

The new BBS F1 wheel is available in CL. As I said a member here has a thread on them. He is apparently the first to get them in the US.
Can you post link on the BBS F1 CL pls? Search throws up nothing

Old 01-05-2015, 01:39 PM
The bbs are the lightest and best.. It depends though on the road condition in your country.. I used to have on an other car bbs and i had problems all the time...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: what is the best center lock wheel out there!!