997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Evolution Motorsports Sets Porsche Half-Mile Record 219.08 MPH and 100-150 in 2.49sec

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-09-2015, 06:05 PM
yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !
Evolution Motorsports Sets Porsche Half-Mile Record 219.08 MPH and 100-150 in 2.49sec

This past weekend I attended the Omega Motorsports Half-Mile event in Gila Bend, AZ with the Evolution Motorsports crew and my fresh built EVT1700. All I can say is WOW this car MOVES.

1st Pass on waste-gates 12 psi I ran a 60-130 in 4.0 and 100-150 in 3.5 LOL...

Between each pass the guys at EVOMS Checked the car out made adjustments and had Ryan from Syvecs remote log in to check the car. Slowly making adjustments and turning the boost up all the way I did a pass and the car registered a 227.xx half mile! After looking at the vbox to confirm distance it was actually 28xx feet and not a true 2640 half-mile. Crazy that this car almost went faster in 28xx feet than most Porsches do in the mile (5,280 feet).

So we ran the car again after the event measurements were corrected. With a soft launch and wheel spin in 2nd we were able to clock a vbox confirmed 219.08 mph pass in the standing half mile. Only 5mph off the fastest GTR in the world (The Alpha Omega from AMS). I'm still in shock how fast this car is.

We set a record 100-150 for Porsche in 2.49 Seconds. UGR 2R territory

We never did a dedicated 60-130 so best was 3.3. It will do 2.xx when the time comes to do a dedicated run.

I can't describe how fast this car is. It's just amazing! Evoms, Ryan Griffiths of Syvecs, and Bill Rader Motorsports did an amazing job with this car. Such an amazing team. When I wanted to do this build, I wanted to put together the best team I could in the Porsche world. Not knocking other shops as I know they bust there A** as well to do well. It's just so incredible to see it all come together.

Engine and Build- The Group of guys at Evoms is amazing. The support I have received with this car is out of this world. They keep in touch with me often with updates, coming to events, working all hours of the night to 11pm to make sure the car is perfect for the event. Literally after the first day of the event John Bray brought the car back and started wrenching on it right away. It's not just about getting the car to the customer with them, they actually support you after delivery and answer the phone when needed. John has already messaged me today to game plan for Texas Invitational next month.

Tuning- Ryan did an amazing job tuning this car. This entire weekend he was remote logging in between passes from Dubai to ensure the car was working perfect. The syvecs IMO is the best ECU on the market for the Porsche. It definitely shows you something when the fastest GTR and Porsche in the world run on syvecs. Once again my opinion, but look at the time-slips

Transmission- This Holinger transmission needs to be in the car from the factory. It shifts 7 times faster than a E-gear gallardo. 3 times faster than a PDK or GTR. Bill Rader Motorsports did an amazing job assembling this trans. It's not a simple buy the kit and install situation. A lot of custom machining and fab work has been done by Bill to make this work. He's put a ton of time and effort into getting this to work.

I know a lot of enthusiasts always deal with the shops not getting back to them or getting support with the car. If you deal with the group of guys that built this car I can promise you that you will not regret it! Looking forward to running some UGR cars and big GTR's next month in Texas!

BTW- The car did 178 in the 1/4 on the vbox on road race tires and an unprepped airstrip covered in dust, not launching!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6470.JPG
Views:	75
Size:	3.22 MB
ID:	415921   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6473.JPG
Views:	90
Size:	1.40 MB
ID:	415922   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6477.PNG
Size:	525.7 KB
ID:	415923   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6479.PNG
Views:	85
Size:	760.6 KB
ID:	415925   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6480.PNG
Size:	840.5 KB
ID:	415926  

Last edited by yumaverick; 03-09-2015 at 08:03 PM.
Old 03-09-2015, 06:06 PM
yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0P3j...ature=youtu.be

Last edited by yumaverick; 03-09-2015 at 08:16 PM.
Old 03-09-2015, 06:32 PM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
Simply amazing!

I would not have thought that this platform would be getting into this territory of performance.

Just one of the issues of competing at the next level has been our trannies (997.1 as 997.2 have not got passed power limited items ie tranny, fuel etc). You dealt with that hurtle and many others and now you are reaping your fruits!

It would be nice if Bill put a complete package together for the transmission (pending on the price), as it would make many more 911 more competitive even on the streets!

Great job and great rep for the 911 world!

Old 03-09-2015, 06:43 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Amazing brother. Can't wait to see you in action at Shift Sector. By the way the sign up page has you in the rear wheel drive (not AWD) competition for some reason.

Old 03-09-2015, 06:49 PM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Congrats Evoms and Anthony!Nice to see its not just Lambos and GTR's at then top of the food chain!Very happy you guys put the little Porsche in the mix.Thats getting it!Joe

Old 03-09-2015, 07:10 PM
Pendl303 has a spectacular aura aboutPendl303 has a spectacular aura about
wow great times and mph

Old 03-09-2015, 07:14 PM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
You are rocking dude! Way to go.

Old 03-09-2015, 07:15 PM
HIX
HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !HIX Is a GOD !
That's insane. Congratulations man..........seriously.

Old 03-09-2015, 07:28 PM
twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !
Wow that's great Antony & nice to see it come together for you, looking forward to seeing it in action at Shift Sector.

Old 03-09-2015, 07:45 PM
Brooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats.....would love to see some in car vids and races....gotta give big thumbs up for everyone involved ....

Old 03-09-2015, 08:04 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Awesome Anthony and team. Time to start checking off records! Enjoy the ride man.

Old 03-09-2015, 08:05 PM
Thanks Guys! Pics are up! More to come once Go Pro vids are done being edited by Evoms media crew. There should be something with 1320 Video coming up soon as well!

Old 03-09-2015, 08:10 PM
vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !
Congrats Anthony! I'm excited to buy this kit off you this fall. J/K

Old 03-09-2015, 08:13 PM
Originally Posted by vr6tee
Congrats Anthony! I'm excited to buy this kit off you this fall. J/K

LMAO! Techincally, I never sold it to you. Haha. This car won't be for sale for a VERY LONG TIME!

Old 03-09-2015, 08:14 PM
Originally Posted by joetwint
Congrats Evoms and Anthony!Nice to see its not just Lambos and GTR's at then top of the food chain!Very happy you guys put the little Porsche in the mix.Thats getting it!Joe
When are you going to start hitting events with me bro? Get the Holinger and lets do this! Team Evoms!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Evolution Motorsports Sets Porsche Half-Mile Record 219.08 MPH and 100-150 in 2.49sec