997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

I'm still here !!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-13-2015, 02:53 AM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
I'm still here !!!

I haven't signed onto 6 speed in months . I look at this board and see all these new names and in case you are reading and don't know who I am I'll introduce myself . My name is Larry . It's actually yrral (member name) backwards .

I am an original owner of a 2007 997 Turbo which I bought in 2007 new . Between 07 and 09 I gradually modified the car and to 700 Hp and rarely drove it. The car now has 17,500 miles and still reminds me on those rare drives why i love the car so much.

I have two other Porsches . One is a 2013 Boxster S which i also bought new and much like with my 911 it's driven daily but not excessively . I also have a Macan Turbo and it is my second Macan Turbo . We drove the first one 19K miles in just one year and decided to trade it in while resale was decent and before another year brought it to 40K miles .

I never forgot the great times I had modding my 911 and posting here and if any of the old timers are reading they probably remember me . I do wonder if they still have their cars .

For those of you who i don't know .. congrats on buying a fantastic car !!
I'll throw a few pics of my current cars with special emphasis on my 997tt.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3626.JPG
Views:	57
Size:	2.06 MB
ID:	425914   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3625.JPG
Views:	54
Size:	2.32 MB
ID:	425915  
Attached Images   

Last edited by yrralis1; 08-13-2015 at 03:01 AM.
Old 08-13-2015, 02:59 AM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
And the other cars ...

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0005.JPG
Views:	58
Size:	1.66 MB
ID:	425917   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3260.JPG
Views:	53
Size:	1.55 MB
ID:	425919   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3261.JPG
Views:	49
Size:	1.50 MB
ID:	425920  
Attached Images  
Old 08-13-2015, 04:00 AM
gofast has much to be proud ofgofast has much to be proud ofgofast has much to be proud ofgofast has much to be proud ofgofast has much to be proud ofgofast has much to be proud ofgofast has much to be proud ofgofast has much to be proud ofgofast has much to be proud of
Hey Larry, Nice rides! What mods have you got? VTG's?

Old 08-13-2015, 01:18 PM
Brooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond repute
With a car like that I would keep the turbo forever...even if you only drive that car a 2 k miles a year you will never find something with that kind of pull...if had a few cars in my life..dyno my car at 500 a whp on mustang dyno..there would be times when I would not drive my car for a few weeks...really fall in love with my car all over again.........btw I'm staying at fountain blue for family vacation so what part of Florida are you from...john

Old 08-13-2015, 01:45 PM
TAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond repute
Those wheels look good on the black 997...cheers!

Old 08-13-2015, 01:56 PM
Originally Posted by gofast
Hey Larry, Nice rides! What mods have you got? VTG's?
The list is long. Here's some of it ...I might forget a few things.. been awhile

Engine-
Evoms modified turbos (EVT700)
Software
Werks 1 Intake
Tubi Race Exhaust
Evoms Intercoolers
IBD Plenum
State 3 Clutch with GT2 Conversion

Suspension -
KW Coil Overs with Noselift
Gt2 Sway bar

Aerokit and interior aesthetics
Techart painted lip
Techart carbon fifer vent and miror insers
Techart painted roof spoiler
Techart Type 1 kit and side skirts
Techart steering wheel
Rennline pedals
Aluminum shifter with OEM short shift

Wheels -
HRE C90's .

Brakes -
Brembo BBK

Last edited by yrralis1; 08-13-2015 at 10:29 PM.
Old 08-13-2015, 01:57 PM
Thanks for the replies . I nice to check in and visit.

Old 08-13-2015, 04:10 PM
RugRunner is on a distinguished road
I'm still here !!!

Your 911 turbo :::bowdown:::

Old 08-13-2015, 04:25 PM
Forujames is a name known to allForujames is a name known to allForujames is a name known to allForujames is a name known to allForujames is a name known to allForujames is a name known to all
Nice the hear from you-I wonder if you are the record holder for number of posts? I remember for some time you were the go to guy for many of our questions. Nice collection of cars you have there.

Old 08-13-2015, 07:36 PM
KIRKIN is a name known to allKIRKIN is a name known to allKIRKIN is a name known to allKIRKIN is a name known to allKIRKIN is a name known to allKIRKIN is a name known to all
Good to see you Larry, been reading your threads on the Macan forum for the past year or so . Both forums are a wealth of info .
Thanks for your contribution .

Old 08-13-2015, 09:21 PM
akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !
8yrs and still in love with the TT, speaks volumes! You don't need any introduction.

Old 08-13-2015, 10:25 PM
Thanks guys -- I've never owned a car for 8 years before . This was my dream car and still is even though I don't drive it much. Miami roads and construction are just much better suited for a Macan so that's what is driven the most. Usually I only keep a car 2-3 years yet I have clung to this car and have enjoyed it so much. When i look at pictures of this car 8 years ago it looks the same but man I do look older . What's even more interesting is when look at the radio and see old Cd's or the (aftermarket) ipod music which i have from years ago . I get in to take a drive and it;s as if time just went by so fast .
Years ago many argued that a garage queen makes no sense . They claimed that "these cars are meant to be driven". Back then my reply was that i wanted to savor the experience of this car and I am glad that I did .

Old 08-14-2015, 08:16 AM
TimeTomorrow is a splendid one to beholdTimeTomorrow is a splendid one to beholdTimeTomorrow is a splendid one to beholdTimeTomorrow is a splendid one to beholdTimeTomorrow is a splendid one to beholdTimeTomorrow is a splendid one to beholdTimeTomorrow is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by yrralis1
Years ago many argued that a garage queen makes no sense . They claimed that "these cars are meant to be driven". Back then my reply was that i wanted to savor the experience of this car and I am glad that I did .
little bit easier when the rest of your garage is so stacked

I'm one of the new guys. Love your car Larry.

Old 08-14-2015, 08:24 AM
ViSoR is a jewel in the roughViSoR is a jewel in the roughViSoR is a jewel in the roughViSoR is a jewel in the rough
Amazing 997TT!!
I'm also a new guy with a black TT like yours. Great taste buddy that car is flawless!

P.S. Sell me those HRE's lol

Old 08-14-2015, 08:33 AM
Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !
Love the black!!! Looks great. I love my TechArt body kit. Clean and classy.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.