997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

60-130: PROTOMOTIVE 63.5 PUMP & E85 #'s

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-24-2015, 11:55 AM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Congrats Bobby! Long time in the making man.

Mark and Craig, you guys would have a nice mutually beneficial conversation!

Old 09-24-2015, 12:00 PM
Basic Sponsor
Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by LQQK
Mark - can you give me some info on your alignment / suspension setup. Mine is rwd and gets pretty squirmy under power with the super sports. I think it's either my alignment or LSD is shot.
996 is certainly not as good with traction as 997. all i have done so far is PSS in 997 GT2 tire size with 325 in the back. DSC suspension control module. Brought suspension to OE spec allignment and i had no tractiion issues on stock ecu with cobb. Last step was ProEFI which has traction control and turn up even more, i did 4.9 60-130 starting at 40 in 2nd gear with two shifts and it was hooking hard and pulling 1.1-1.2 Gs on the 2nd gear hit.

997TT SlowBerry - 205.0 mph 1/2 Mile WR Nov 2018, 9.7 @ 170 mph 1/4 Mile , 3.2 60-130 mph , 2.4 100-150 mph , 1420whp E85
ESMOTOR | DO88 | TPC DSC | SYVECS | COBB | IPD | KLINE | XONA | AMS | ID | ERP | SACHS | TURBOSMART | CSF | DODSON |
Old 09-24-2015, 01:57 PM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
Guys Thxs for the encouragement!

Sam, you are darn right it has been a long time in the making!! From the build with the 996, billet 20's, meth, 2nd pump, full Speedtech inlet plenum, ported head and the list goes on that I NEVER GOT TO ENJOY, to this 997 being out of hands for 8month, then a shop that wasted 2 more months and $$ that couldn't find a low boost issue (BAD EGT probe) that I had to pay another well run, professional shop to find within days with proper dianostics!!!

Man I just want to drive and put on K's on this machine!!

BTW: Today I drove the car for the first time on e85 to work and the weather was 23degrees, not the 9-11degrees that I have bee driving it in the nights.... After 10miles of spirited driving I floored it in 2nd and IT DEAD HOOKED on my Sport Cup tires .... The G's were truly eye opening as I thought it would just light them up!!

If I have time tonight (if the temps don't drop badly) I am going to see if I can do another 60-130 in 3-4 and break into the 5's with it hopefully hooking.

Suspension wise I have GMG sway f/r, H&r lowering springs, RSS front control arms.

Last edited by Bobbyfali; 09-24-2015 at 02:02 PM.
Old 09-24-2015, 02:52 PM
Basic Sponsor
John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !
Congratulations, Bobby! Great results - Have fun with it!

Old 09-24-2015, 03:00 PM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by prodigymb
996 is certainly not as good with traction as 997. all i have done so far is PSS in 997 GT2 tire size with 325 in the back. DSC suspension control module. Brought suspension to OE spec allignment and i had no tractiion issues on stock ecu with cobb. Last step was ProEFI which has traction control and turn up even more, i did 4.9 60-130 starting at 40 in 2nd gear with two shifts and it was hooking hard and pulling 1.1-1.2 Gs on the 2nd gear hit.

WOW that must be feeling in the gut ..1.1-1.2!!

Old 09-24-2015, 03:12 PM
Originally Posted by John@SpeedTech
Congratulations, Bobby! Great results - Have fun with it!

I have had someone two months ago when I was driving the car trying to deal with my low boost issue, literally stop me and signalled me to lower my window to say, "I have been around exotics all my life and that is the BEST Porsche I have EVER heard in all my life! It sounds intoxicating....just AMAZING!!" ! No joke's!

Almost everyone that I know that has heard this machine has said "your car sounds out right exotic", "I couldn't believe that sound was coming from a Porsche", too many others. I have literally filtered out the compliments about the sound of my car as they have been almost every time I drive the car and speak to someone.

Thanks again for helping me make my overall package!

I know videos do NO justice, but here is my original post with video clips of the sound if anyone is interested:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...al-3-tips.html

Thanks

Bobby Ali

ba

Old 09-24-2015, 07:27 PM
Basic Sponsor
John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Bobbyfali
I have had someone two months ago when I was driving the car trying to deal with my low boost issue, literally stop me and signalled me to lower my window to say, "I have been around exotics all my life and that is the BEST Porsche I have EVER heard in all my life! It sounds intoxicating....just AMAZING!!" ! No joke's!

Almost everyone that I know that has heard this machine has said "your car sounds out right exotic", "I couldn't believe that sound was coming from a Porsche", too many others. I have literally filtered out the compliments about the sound of my car as they have been almost every time I drive the car and speak to someone.

Thanks again for helping me make my overall package!

I know videos do NO justice, but here is my original post with video clips of the sound if anyone is interested:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...al-3-tips.html

Thanks

Bobby Ali

ba
Wow! Bobby, it is so nice to hear that kind of feedback.

I know that we feel we produce the best sounding 997TT exhaust system on the market, bar none.. and it's great to hear comments like that to reinforce our thoughts.

Congratulations again! I'm really happy for you and glad we could play a part in helping you to enjoy your car.

Old 09-25-2015, 02:37 AM
Banned
IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !
Thumbs up

Superb performance stats Bobby.

The performance gains between these 63.5 VTGS and 68s seem marginal having looked at a few other threads on 68s.

I'm running very similar performance figures to 68s on GT2 Hybrids with a Proto tune. All based on stock engines.

Also it depends how you measure these VTGS. I think the 63.5 VTGS may perhaps be bigger if you measure them using same method tuners use for 68s. So confusing!

Old 09-25-2015, 07:05 AM
Chkmgnt59 has much to be proud ofChkmgnt59 has much to be proud ofChkmgnt59 has much to be proud ofChkmgnt59 has much to be proud ofChkmgnt59 has much to be proud ofChkmgnt59 has much to be proud ofChkmgnt59 has much to be proud ofChkmgnt59 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by 9e 28
Superb performance stats Bobby.

The performance gains between these 63.5 VTGS and 68s seem marginal having looked at a few other threads on 68s.

I'm running very similar performance figures to 68s on GT2 Hybrids with a Proto tune. All based on stock engines.

Also it depends how you measure these VTGS. I think the 63.5 VTGS may perhaps be bigger if you measure them using same method tuners use for 68s. So confusing!
The 67/68 VTGs basically require a built engine to get the most out of them. See the champion 68 vtg car which made over 800whp. But for most people in most cases, it does seem the 63.5s are the most well-rounded solution.

Old 09-25-2015, 07:58 AM
Banned
IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Chkmgnt59
The 67/68 VTGs basically require a built engine to get the most out of them. See the champion 68 vtg car which made over 800whp. But for most people in most cases, it does seem the 63.5s are the most well-rounded solution.
Hopefully one day, somewhere, some helpful soul will run 0-300kph with a vbox and data logging to substantiate those 800whp claims (without wanting to start another war!). Very much looking forward to that as its a fascinating subject (for me).

Old 09-25-2015, 09:50 AM
Chkmgnt59 has much to be proud ofChkmgnt59 has much to be proud ofChkmgnt59 has much to be proud ofChkmgnt59 has much to be proud ofChkmgnt59 has much to be proud ofChkmgnt59 has much to be proud ofChkmgnt59 has much to be proud ofChkmgnt59 has much to be proud of
Well if if if I ever put rods in my car, I promise I'll get a tank of VP Import, tune to the max, and see what the 67s will do. If. :-)

Old 09-25-2015, 09:52 AM
Banned
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by chkmgnt59
well if if if i ever put rods in my car, i promise i'll get a tank of vp import, tune to the max, and see what the 67s will do. If. :-)
lol!!!

Old 09-25-2015, 10:07 AM
As an aside though, we've seen some 700+whp cars on e85 with VTGs running 1.5 bar on stock internals. Including mine :-). So I'm actually fairly confident that at 1.9 bar or so, with all the right supporting mods and fuel, 800+ should happen.

Now, for 0-300km/h, I think the heat of the VTGs will impact that top end pretty significantly.

Old 09-25-2015, 10:22 AM
Banned
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Chkmgnt59
As an aside though, we've seen some 700+whp cars on e85 with VTGs running 1.5 bar on stock internals. Including mine :-). So I'm actually fairly confident that at 1.9 bar or so, with all the right supporting mods and fuel, 800+ should happen.

Now, for 0-300km/h, I think the heat of the VTGs will impact that top end pretty significantly.
I agree re heat and if the above 800+whp VTG car cannot run say under 20 secs 0-300kph as timing being pulled it doesn't really have 800+whp. Hot side the same on all these VTGS which as you probably know from Todd causes too much back pressure hence too much heat. I'd love to see one run in anger as there are definitely solutions to get around the problem but not sure more boost is the answer. I'm sure someone will run one some day. I'm only fascinated as one day I will upgrade to forged 3.8 and pretty sure I'm going to go for conventional turbos.

Last edited by IMI A; 09-25-2015 at 10:27 AM.
Old 09-25-2015, 11:04 AM
Originally Posted by 9e 28
I agree re heat and if the above 800+whp VTG car cannot run say under 20 secs 0-300kph as timing being pulled it doesn't really have 800+whp. Hot side the same on all these VTGS which as you probably know from Todd causes too much back pressure hence too much heat. I'd love to see one run in anger as there are definitely solutions to get around the problem but not sure more boost is the answer. I'm sure someone will run one some day. I'm only fascinated as one day I will upgrade to forged 3.8 and pretty sure I'm going to go for conventional turbos.
Spoke to Todd K about this extensively and the issue is not the cold side as you can go almost as big as you want. It is the hot side that is small and the issue. After much friendly argument / discussion I also agreed that the 63.5's is the best fit for the stock hot side snails. Much larger on the cold and your in a position of just inefficiency, heat and power that is not substainable. Back 20 years ago when I had my MK3 7MGTE Supra doing that is fine, but on cars of this caliber I want a well rounded car that is engineered to operate together as a package.

If you want big power (as in built motor), go for a turbo that was designed from the ground up for such flow as the GT / Alpha's.

I figured that I can keep all my OEM hardware / look stock with stock fitment underneath and is enough to take my ride to its limits.....if that is the case why put hardware that I can't fully utilize.

The only reason to change my opinion on the above is for pump gas effiency and then doing larger cold side would not deal with the bottle neck of the hot side and you would not pick up more effiency for pump, BUT a GT turbo would!!

I am still thinking of doing 3076's for more power on pump and for future built motor growth! To do 5.8 on pump effiiciently and continue pulling past 130 with the same rate porpotionally past 130(because it is efficent and MADE for that power level on the hot side), gets more respect from me pulling 6.0 60-130 on VTG's on steriods (E85).

Have much more to say with the above, but would chime in later!

Last edited by Bobbyfali; 09-25-2015 at 03:51 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 60-130: PROTOMOTIVE 63.5 PUMP & E85 #'s