997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Carbon Ceramic Rotors - Where to Buy?

Old 11-12-2015, 03:05 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Carbon Ceramic Rotors - Where to Buy?

So my rears are getting worn. Fronts are fine.

I do not want to swap to steel rotors, I want to keep with the CC's. I just need to be mindful to turn off PSM as every time I drive the car it kicks in somewhat which is what is causing the rear to wear quickly.

Getting price quote for nearly $10,000 for the rear set.

Is this correct? I figured the prices have come down a bit maybe not.

Thanks.

Old 11-12-2015, 03:25 PM
WaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond repute
Old 11-12-2015, 03:35 PM
Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !
yeah that is about right unfortunately - Suncoast has the rears for $9600...

Old 11-12-2015, 03:41 PM
Basic Sponsor
SuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond repute
We have some different options to choose from if you would like to check out the rotor page we have for your 997.2 Turbo!

https://www.suncoastparts.com/catego...rakespdcb.html

Your #1 Source for Genuine Porsche Parts and Accessories on the Web!

Visit us at http://www.SuncoastParts.com
Call us at: 877-923-1700
Email us at: Parts@SuncoastParts.com

Follow us to stay connected:
Join Our Newsletter | Facebook
Old 11-12-2015, 03:45 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by WaltB
Well that's some nice news thx for the link.

Anyone try this?

Old 11-12-2015, 05:32 PM
WaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond repute
LB,

If you want to purchase then try Sonnen. OEM rears for our car is $7300 for the rear pair.

http://www.sonnenporscheoemparts.com...on-s/25733.htm

Walt

Old 11-12-2015, 05:55 PM
roketman is just really niceroketman is just really niceroketman is just really niceroketman is just really niceroketman is just really nice
Go to rennlist there was a guy selling a 2k pair for 7500

Old 11-14-2015, 05:14 AM
Banned
32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !
i was watching a show on tv about sema and this company was featured. i emailed them about a set of rotors for my 996 turbo. quote was 9200 for all 4 corners. might be worth a call
http://www.fusionbrakes.com

Old 11-14-2015, 07:37 AM
Originally Posted by 32krazy!
i was watching a show on tv about sema and this company was featured. i emailed them about a set of rotors for my 996 turbo. quote was 9200 for all 4 corners. might be worth a call http://www.fusionbrakes.com
Thanks yeah a buddy knows these guys (they are local to me) and I've called a couple times earlier in the week and left messages but no response.

Old 11-14-2015, 08:44 AM
sunset gun will become famous soon enoughsunset gun will become famous soon enough
FWIW

Fusion seems to finally be in production with their (resurfaceble) discs, which GMG is
handling. If you know GMG's connection with Stop Tech and Centric, that's quite a high (if tacit) endorsement.

Another interesting and economical source is Surface Transforms, in the U.K. They've
an excellent reputation, and have made a significant dent in the U.S. Lotus aftermarket. Their discs are, like Fusions, re-surfaceable.

Keep us posted.

Old 11-14-2015, 08:54 AM
Originally Posted by sunset gun
FWIW

Fusion seems to finally be in production with their (resurfaceble) discs, which GMG is
handling. If you know GMG's connection with Stop Tech and Centric, that's quite a high (if tacit) endorsement.

Another interesting and economical source is Surface Transforms, in the U.K. They've
an excellent reputation, and have made a significant dent in the U.S. Lotus aftermarket. Their discs are, like Fusions, re-surfaceable.

Keep us posted.

Thanks for the info. I know they guys at GMG well. They do incredible work and in fact have completely transformed the suspension on my car very recently.

They will also be responsible for wearing out my brakes as I'm going to the Thermal Club with them in early Dec

Last edited by longboarder; 11-14-2015 at 08:57 AM.
Old 11-14-2015, 10:37 AM
pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !
How many KM (or miles) have you guys been running before replacing the ceramics? ...and any track days in there too?

Old 11-14-2015, 12:22 PM
Originally Posted by pureporsche
How many KM (or miles) have you guys been running before replacing the ceramics? ...and any track days in there too?
I have 36,000 miles and two track days. My front brake rotors are fine. Because it's only the rears that are worn, it is likely traction control intervention. Note to self - turn PSM off anytime going WOT.

Old 11-14-2015, 05:43 PM
Banned
32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by longboarder
Thanks yeah a buddy knows these guys (they are local to me) and I've called a couple times earlier in the week and left messages but no response.
when they replied to me they were at sema. maybe try email and see what happens.

i thought the pccb were supposed to be lifetime?

Old 11-14-2015, 08:59 PM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
Longboarder, if you have the part number for the rear ceramics just try googling the part number and see what comes up. I did this when looking for some parts recently and was surprised at the price differences from different sources. You can even see that from the prices listed from Sonnen vs Suncoast etc...

I have found a few sites that carry oem parts - RMEuropean, ECS, Pelican, and even Amazon. At the price of the ceramics it is certainly worth shopping around!

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Carbon Ceramic Rotors - Where to Buy?