997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Carbon Ceramic Rotors - Where to Buy?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-15-2015, 06:42 PM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by longboarder
I have 36,000 miles and two track days. My front brake rotors are fine. Because it's only the rears that are worn, it is likely traction control intervention. Note to self - turn PSM off anytime going WOT.
Doesn't sport plus automatically reduce traction control significantly? You've been running in sport plus, right?

Old 11-16-2015, 02:07 AM
drvik is a jewel in the roughdrvik is a jewel in the roughdrvik is a jewel in the rough
Have you looked at Movit which are manufactured by Surface Transforms? From my research they are superior to both the Porsche PCCB technology and the Brembo ceramic technology. They are solid ceramic rather than a thin layer, so they don't wear out per se. I was quoted $15k Australian dollars for all 4 discs AND pads for my turbo by the local distributor.

There is a local professional racer who has installed them on all 4 of his cars including a Cayenne and he swears by them. He says, superior in every aspect, including cold performance, squeel, bite etc etc. I plan on moving my 458 Speciale and 997 turbo across to these when they need replacing.

Good luck!

Old 11-16-2015, 11:21 AM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 32krazy!
when they replied to me they were at sema. maybe try email and see what happens.

i thought the pccb were supposed to be lifetime?
Ok cool thanks for the tip.

PCCB's are supposed to last lifetime for street driving the speed limit. Or 1,000 track miles. Or for the rears, a combo of lesser track miles and a lot of WOT with traction control on.

Originally Posted by The Bogg
Longboarder, if you have the part number for the rear ceramics just try googling the part number and see what comes up. I did this when looking for some parts recently and was surprised at the price differences from different sources. You can even see that from the prices listed from Sonnen vs Suncoast etc...

I have found a few sites that carry oem parts - RMEuropean, ECS, Pelican, and even Amazon. At the price of the ceramics it is certainly worth shopping around!
Awesome thx for the tip!

Originally Posted by ryem3
Doesn't sport plus automatically reduce traction control significantly? You've been running in sport plus, right?
No, changing driving modes does not change traction/stability control (called "PSM" on the 997.2...maybe the same on the .1's too).

For the last year I have to drive in Sport Plus if I go WOT because it has stronger line pressure on the PDK. Otherwise in Sport or Normal it won't have enough pressure to shift (it slips otherwise). And now I will start turning off PSM as well to save the rear brakes. I will need to be extra careful at the track now.

Originally Posted by drvik
Have you looked at Movit which are manufactured by Surface Transforms? From my research they are superior to both the Porsche PCCB technology and the Brembo ceramic technology. They are solid ceramic rather than a thin layer, so they don't wear out per se. I was quoted $15k Australian dollars for all 4 discs AND pads for my turbo by the local distributor.

There is a local professional racer who has installed them on all 4 of his cars including a Cayenne and he swears by them. He says, superior in every aspect, including cold performance, squeel, bite etc etc. I plan on moving my 458 Speciale and 997 turbo across to these when they need replacing.

Good luck!
Thank you so much I will look into this!