997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Silly Rabbit Motorsport - 997tt Build, Review and Results!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-14-2015, 08:56 AM
Basic Sponsor
Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !
nice results.

why are you using Gtech over PBox for the 0-60 and 1/4 mile testing.

how are you like the vbox phone feature? looks neat !

997TT SlowBerry - 205.0 mph 1/2 Mile WR Nov 2018, 9.7 @ 170 mph 1/4 Mile , 3.2 60-130 mph , 2.4 100-150 mph , 1420whp E85
ESMOTOR | DO88 | TPC DSC | SYVECS | COBB | IPD | KLINE | XONA | AMS | ID | ERP | SACHS | TURBOSMART | CSF | DODSON |
Old 12-14-2015, 09:02 AM
vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by prodigymb
nice results.

He borrowed them from me and didn't really know how to use either

The Gtech is rock solid for testing. Easy to use. He would have ran faster in his 1/4 mile if he used the VBox with the 1 ft. roll out.

Old 12-14-2015, 10:07 AM
Former Vendor
proTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond repute
Build sounds solid, congrats to both you and Sean/team!

Do you have a log showing where those turbos spool up with the 3.8 in place? For example, 4th gear where does it hit 20psi?

Get a vbox on there asap. I had a G-Tech in the past and its ok but to get verified results vbox has become pretty much a standard out there due to its accuracy.

Dzenno@PTF

Old 12-14-2015, 10:22 AM
dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by proTUNING Freaks
Build sounds solid, congrats to both you and Sean/team!

Do you have a log showing where those turbos spool up with the 3.8 in place? For example, 4th gear where does it hit 20psi?

Get a vbox on there asap. I had a G-Tech in the past and its ok but to get verified results vbox has become pretty much a standard out there due to its accuracy.

Dzenno@PTF
I'll do some logging/graphs this week to show where boost comes on. I have some data in 3rd gear I can graph out real quick.

I'll do a 4th gear pull somewhere and get that logged.

Unfortunately, the USB stick i had corrupted and the proefi couldn't log all my pulls at the event. I wasn't happy about that, but no fault of the ecu.

nice results.

I don't like that you have to set the Vbox to log to SD manually, I feel it should do it all the time, automatically. I actually prefer the Gtech, except that it lacks a 60-130 timer.

The phone stuff is cool, but I need to mess with it a bit more and get some logging on the SD card so I can use the desktop app.

Old 12-14-2015, 10:25 AM
vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by dhahlen
I don't like that you have to set the Vbox to log to SD manually, I feel it should do it all the time, automatically. I actually prefer the Gtech, except that it lacks a 60-130 timer.

The phone stuff is cool, but I need to mess with it a bit more and get some logging on the SD card so I can use the desktop app.
I agree 100%. I rely on the Gtech for solid data, the VBox is flakey and the user interface sucks. I've owned GTechs for 20 years, from Accelerometer to 20Hz GPS. They always been rock solid, if they add a 60-130 function, the VBox can peacefully die.

Old 12-14-2015, 10:26 AM
Former Vendor
proTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond repute
I'll do some logging/graphs this week to show where boost comes on. I have some data in 3rd gear I can graph out real quick.

I'll do a 4th gear pull somewhere and get that logged.

Unfortunately, the USB stick i had corrupted and the proefi couldn't log all my pulls at the event. I wasn't happy about that, but no fault of the ecu.
Ok cool!

That's only the case with the vbox sport. Don't get that one as it is a bit of a pain when it comes to saving files. Phone app makes it sound more appealing but the original original vbox (performance box) is still the most preferred out there by far, like this one:

http://www.protuningfreaks.com/colle...ebox-racelogic

Dzenno@PTF

Old 12-14-2015, 10:27 AM
dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !dhahlen Is a GOD !
Yeah, I was looking at the classic Vbox for the next event. They need one that does both iphone app and screen display. I'd be all in.

Old 12-14-2015, 10:37 AM
Some Vbox data

Name:  462CFCF4-13A8-4FE0-A0C9-38D15F7280FE_zpswvxt4gtl.png
Views: 1188
Size:  155.9 KB

Name:  F1536FDF-DB25-453E-BA6E-ECA20B7C922F_zpsh4st44sx.png
Views: 1177
Size:  132.6 KB

Name:  7AA39A52-38D1-4047-B883-887C98B3BA6A_zps97supy4o.png
Views: 1179
Size:  158.7 KB

Name:  0313DCA9-EB16-4A14-BA7D-F4005C7506E0_zpsbduimdr4.png
Views: 1165
Size:  131.9 KB

I actually stopped using the vbox as it was annoying and just used the Gtech. Too bad I didn't have the 2.69 0-60 run on the vbox. Would have liked to see the comparison.

Old 12-14-2015, 10:43 AM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
Yeah, I was looking at the classic Vbox for the next event. They need one that does both iphone app and screen display. I'd be all in.

FYI: This was posted not to long ago in FS section:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-box-pbox.html

Old 12-14-2015, 12:53 PM
Basic Sponsor
Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !

my pbox logs everything to an SD card. i test it vs the track several times a year. actually had it at Cecil with my Golf R this past Saturday.

pbox is he current standard and i never found it to be flakey, like dzenno said i would skip the sport version if it requires additional steps to save files.

now get some 4sec 60-130s

997TT SlowBerry - 205.0 mph 1/2 Mile WR Nov 2018, 9.7 @ 170 mph 1/4 Mile , 3.2 60-130 mph , 2.4 100-150 mph , 1420whp E85
ESMOTOR | DO88 | TPC DSC | SYVECS | COBB | IPD | KLINE | XONA | AMS | ID | ERP | SACHS | TURBOSMART | CSF | DODSON |
Old 12-14-2015, 01:18 PM
my pbox logs everything to an SD card. i test it vs the track several times a year. actually had it at Cecil with my Golf R this past Saturday.

pbox is he current standard and i never found it to be flakey, like dzenno said i would skip the sport version if it requires additional steps to save files.

now get some 4sec 60-130s
That's the goal!

Yeah the pbox would be the way to go. The sport doesn't have a display, only phone. There is another record button you have to hit so it records to SD. I rather just have it all displayed on screen and automatically saved.

Need some real rubber

Old 12-14-2015, 04:00 PM
Banned
32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Bobbyfali
FYI: This was posted not to long ago in FS section:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-box-pbox.html
darren your welcome to use mine if you want. i actually won't need to until the end of jan. for a half mile event if we get everything done in time. just let me know

Last edited by 32krazy!; 12-14-2015 at 04:03 PM.
Old 12-16-2015, 01:11 AM
rix
rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !
I have the vBox sport, it's fine. The only problem with it is if you are connected with the app it doesn't write to the SD card. You can see everything in the app just fine, but it's not what people are used to seeing so it's difficult to share. You don't get instant gratification of seeing your time on the vBox/pBox screen as there isn't one, but the 20Hz GPS engine is preferable to the 10Hz on the normal vBox/pBox. Tradeoffs...

Maybe some newer firmware will let you view it on the phone and write to the sdcard simultaneously. No technical reason why it can't do that.

Old 12-16-2015, 07:43 AM
Originally Posted by rix
I have the vBox sport, it's fine. The only problem with it is if you are connected with the app it doesn't write to the SD card. You can see everything in the app just fine, but it's not what people are used to seeing so it's difficult to share. You don't get instant gratification of seeing your time on the vBox/pBox screen as there isn't one, but the 20Hz GPS engine is preferable to the 10Hz on the normal vBox/pBox. Tradeoffs...

Maybe some newer firmware will let you view it on the phone and write to the sdcard simultaneously. No technical reason why it can't do that.
Mine records to the phone and SD at the same time. The issue is that I forgot to push the record on the vbox, thinking the iPhone app would work. It failed to write to the phone 4/4 times. The iPhone app is VERY hit and miss. I think if you make sure to press record every time on the vbox, you can at least take the SD card out and use the pc software to get all your times.

Old 12-16-2015, 09:03 AM
rix
rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by vr6tee
Mine records to the phone and SD at the same time. The issue is that I forgot to push the record on the vbox, thinking the iPhone app would work. It failed to write to the phone 4/4 times. The iPhone app is VERY hit and miss. I think if you make sure to press record every time on the vbox, you can at least take the SD card out and use the pc software to get all your times.
That's interesting I probably need to update the firmware in mine then. There is an option for it to auto record data too - do you have that turned on? I've found it is very sensitive and tends to just record all the time -- not necessarily a bad thing given that the files aren't too big.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.