997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Changster's 997.2 TTS, pics mods etc

Old 03-14-2016, 08:34 PM
changster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond repute
Changster's 997.2 TTS, pics mods etc

Figure I'd start my own thread. The project is ongoing but it won't be any sort of a big build like my GTR. I just want to max out stock VTG's on either race gas or ethanol for the occasional street race, but mostly keep it on 98Ron. I don't DD this car. I just use it for aggressive mountain carving and tracking on the road course, with the occasional street race.

Simple mods so far:
AMS IC's
Exhaust
Cobb + Robtune on 98Ron (we are just starting the datalogging+revisions now but already trapped 132mph on vbox for 1/4)

Ordered, not installed:
TPC Racing sways
TPC Racing DSC
TPC Racing front wide track kit

Contemplating:
OZ Superforgiata's so I can run 245/325 Cup 2's
TPC Racing / Tractive DDA active coilovers

For now some pictures.

UPDATE 4/12/16: New goodies arrived.

TPC Racing sways + front wide track kit + DSC.

Last edited by changster; 06-15-2017 at 04:39 PM.
Old 03-14-2016, 09:19 PM
elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !
Nice Photos! Looking forward to your progress!

Old 03-15-2016, 12:11 PM
yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !
Looks Amazing!

Old 03-15-2016, 07:31 PM
changster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 9e 28
+1 looks v.cool. Oz have that motorsport look with the very cool writing on the rims but personally I'd go HRE P101 or GMG LM for CLs. These two rims fill the wheel arches out better with 9 and 12 CLs and 245 and 325 Cup 2s. The offset on the Oz for CL doesn't fill the arches out properly IMO.

I actually like your OEM wheels. They work really well with the 4.0 type decals.
Yeah I love the motorsports look. As far as filling the wheel wells out, I think the 19x9 and 19x12 is ok. The 19x8.5 is stock offset so that one is like stock. However, given I'll be running the front wide track kit with longer cup LCA's etc I still have to go with the stock offset in the front I think.

P101/GMG LM's - I don't like the design honestly. I pretty much only like TUV/JWL certified wheels because it shows the commitment of the manufacturers versus all these knock off wheels. HRE's aren't knock off but a lot of other stuff is. They just get it made and brand it themselves. So basically, I like BBS, OZ, Rays, etc.

Old 03-15-2016, 07:32 PM
Also GT2/3 RS rims very cheap at teile.com

Having thought about it I'd go for those with CL!
Thanks for this cuz that's definitely a great option. I love the OEM GT2/3RS rims. I love my OEM rims too actually. I'd only switch because of wanting to run wider tires.

Old 03-15-2016, 11:32 PM
Banned
IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by changster
Thanks for this cuz that's definitely a great option. I love the OEM GT2/3RS rims. I love my OEM rims too actually. I'd only switch because of wanting to run wider tires.
Yeah thought about them when I saw your decals. They'd go great together and of course you can run the wider rubber too. They're amazingly cheap for what they are too.

Old 03-16-2016, 06:27 AM
Banned
Fabworx is infamous around these partsFabworx is infamous around these partsFabworx is infamous around these partsFabworx is infamous around these partsFabworx is infamous around these partsFabworx is infamous around these partsFabworx is infamous around these partsFabworx is infamous around these partsFabworx is infamous around these partsFabworx is infamous around these parts
Lovely photos! Subscribed for performance upgrades/results.
Keith

Old 03-16-2016, 06:31 AM
marzz is a glorious beacon of lightmarzz is a glorious beacon of lightmarzz is a glorious beacon of lightmarzz is a glorious beacon of lightmarzz is a glorious beacon of lightmarzz is a glorious beacon of light
Nice pics

Old 04-11-2016, 11:51 PM
TPC Racing sways + front wide track kit + DSC.

Old 04-12-2016, 10:01 AM
Former Vendor
DSC Sport is a splendid one to beholdDSC Sport is a splendid one to beholdDSC Sport is a splendid one to beholdDSC Sport is a splendid one to beholdDSC Sport is a splendid one to beholdDSC Sport is a splendid one to beholdDSC Sport is a splendid one to beholdDSC Sport is a splendid one to behold
These photos are amazing!

Be sure to keep us updated on your experience with the DSC! And we're always here to assist with any questions you may have about the Tractive options.

Old 04-21-2016, 02:55 PM
997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future997TTEQNY has a brilliant future
Beautiful car

Looking forward to the progress

Old 05-11-2016, 11:23 PM
OZ Superforgiata's came in. I chose the 19x8.5 in the front because I have the TPC wide track kit. 19x12 rear. I bought R888's in 245/325 for these to try out at the track.

On a side note, the TPC sways + DSC + TPC front wide track kit + good alignment transformed the car. I can't comment on track performance yet but on the street it's everything other reviewers have said - car is much tighter, much less body roll, more responsive, and I can tell I can put much more power down earlier through turns. It's the best money I've spent on the car bar none.

Old 05-11-2016, 11:29 PM
marzz is a glorious beacon of lightmarzz is a glorious beacon of lightmarzz is a glorious beacon of lightmarzz is a glorious beacon of lightmarzz is a glorious beacon of lightmarzz is a glorious beacon of light
nice

Old 05-12-2016, 02:45 AM
V.nice wheels. Is there a definitive answer as to whether 245 and 325 will fit 8.5 and 11 inch wheels respectively? track use etc?

I increased to 8.75 and 12 inch wheels to make the change to wider tyres on advice from shop.

If they do fit will stick the larger size 245 and 325 on my spare oem rims.
245 for sure will fit 8.5. 325 isn't a good idea for 11".

Old 03-08-2017, 08:10 AM
Viva Brazil!! I changed up the colors of the stripes today. Along with the OZ Superforgiata's, the car looks a lot more aggressive. Personally I love it!

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Changster's 997.2 TTS, pics mods etc