997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Auto on/off headlights?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-06-2016, 01:18 PM
turboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant future
Auto on/off headlights?

Was this an option on the 08 turbo? If so, is it possible to have dealer retrofit?

Old 07-06-2016, 02:17 PM
Domer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond repute
i hope it was not. Certainly wasn't on my '11, lol. Typical.

Old 07-06-2016, 02:27 PM
Dennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to behold
It was not. It wasn't available in a 911 until the launch of the 991.

Old 07-06-2016, 03:17 PM
turboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant future
I wonder if this switch upgrade from a VW will work.

http://www.uspmotorsports.com/Lighti...FclkhgodmgsKFg

Old 07-06-2016, 05:25 PM
TimeTomorrow is a splendid one to beholdTimeTomorrow is a splendid one to beholdTimeTomorrow is a splendid one to beholdTimeTomorrow is a splendid one to beholdTimeTomorrow is a splendid one to beholdTimeTomorrow is a splendid one to beholdTimeTomorrow is a splendid one to behold
I'm 100% sure I read a thread about this, but I have been completely unsuccessful finding it again. Apparently all it takes is switch replacement. There is an audi part and a VW part that will work. Neither lights up the "correct" colors, so there is that.

Been looking to do the mod, but want confirmation before I go pulling things apart. I can't remember which car they said the switch came out of or if there was anything else required. I know they said it was easy though.

Old 07-07-2016, 07:19 AM
Dennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to behold
I wonder if the switch from a 991 would work....

Old 07-09-2016, 04:08 PM
maverick997 is a name known to allmaverick997 is a name known to allmaverick997 is a name known to allmaverick997 is a name known to allmaverick997 is a name known to allmaverick997 is a name known to all
Anyone remember the days of manual wind up windows.......? How did we survive��

Old 07-10-2016, 04:44 PM
Domer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by maverick997
Anyone remember the days of manual wind up windows.......? How did we survive��
yeah, I get it. But in 2011, 2012, 2013 Porsche was selling cars for upwards of $200,000 without auto on/off headlamps. I'll bet every Toyota model in the same years came with that feature. Porsche is slow with the amenities. That's all.

Old 07-11-2016, 08:32 AM
Ha...driving my mother in law's Toyota Camry is exactly why I said....WTF? This is a Camry and it has auto lights.

Originally Posted by Domer911
yeah, I get it. But in 2011, 2012, 2013 Porsche was selling cars for upwards of $200,000 without auto on/off headlamps. I'll bet every Toyota model in the same years came with that feature. Porsche is slow with the amenities. That's all.

Old 07-12-2016, 06:33 AM
djillusion has a spectacular aura aboutdjillusion has a spectacular aura about
I don't think it would be a simple swap of the switch.

There would need to be auto light sensor somewhere to pick up when the auto functionality should be activated based on light.

Old 07-12-2016, 06:55 AM
There's a light sensor that signals backlighting for the gauges to illuminate. Not sure if that would work....

Old 07-12-2016, 07:57 AM
mikestyle is a glorious beacon of lightmikestyle is a glorious beacon of lightmikestyle is a glorious beacon of lightmikestyle is a glorious beacon of lightmikestyle is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Dennis C
There's a light sensor that signals backlighting for the gauges to illuminate. Not sure if that would work....

Yes why would they make the gauge cluster lights automatic and the head lights not!?!

I have a feeling this has something to do with North American regulations with DRL's or something of that nature.

Can anyone confirm the Euro 997's also have a manual switch?!

Old 07-13-2016, 01:16 AM
Saint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud of
ROW 997TT's is also manual - am interested in the auto conversation as well.

Old 07-13-2016, 10:33 AM
Funny...Porsche now sells:
http://press.porsche.com/news/release.php?id=908

How about a auto headlight setup for my "classic"

Old 07-13-2016, 11:18 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by turboslut
Funny...Porsche now sells:
http://press.porsche.com/news/release.php?id=908

How about a auto headlight setup for my "classic"
Can anyone of age owning a classic even read that nav screen?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Auto on/off headlights?