997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Help needed. Trunk release not working, cable also not working.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-19-2016, 09:02 PM
Talisman013 has a reputation beyond reputeTalisman013 has a reputation beyond reputeTalisman013 has a reputation beyond reputeTalisman013 has a reputation beyond reputeTalisman013 has a reputation beyond reputeTalisman013 has a reputation beyond reputeTalisman013 has a reputation beyond reputeTalisman013 has a reputation beyond reputeTalisman013 has a reputation beyond reputeTalisman013 has a reputation beyond reputeTalisman013 has a reputation beyond repute
Help needed. Trunk release not working, cable also not working.

A friend borrowed my car and let the battery die. We tried the fusebox trunk release, doesnt work. I can hear the solenoid clicking, but it wont release. We pulled the front wheel and tried the emergency cable, it pulls but wont open the hood.

What are my options?

Old 10-19-2016, 11:03 PM
caslca will become famous soon enoughcaslca will become famous soon enough
not talking from experience at all here, but what i'd do is:
- if you have the time then trickle charge via cig-lighter plug.(my preferred choice)
- otherwise, i'd try to find a good place to tap in the fuse box and apply strong current from another battery (or even jump-starter)

Old 10-20-2016, 05:26 AM
cam99 will become famous soon enoughcam99 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Talisman013
A friend borrowed my car and let the battery die. We tried the fusebox trunk release, doesnt work. I can hear the solenoid clicking, but it wont release. We pulled the front wheel and tried the emergency cable, it pulls but wont open the hood.

What are my options?
After you hooked up the battery to the fuse block, did you try using the remote fob to open the frunk?

Old 10-20-2016, 04:05 PM
Turbo Ron is a name known to allTurbo Ron is a name known to allTurbo Ron is a name known to allTurbo Ron is a name known to allTurbo Ron is a name known to allTurbo Ron is a name known to all
The auto club got the front trunk lid opened after my battery exploded with a battery hooked up to the fuse box. It only clicked the first first few times. He read through the owners manual and hooked it up differently in the fuse box, and the trunk lid opened

Old 10-20-2016, 05:41 PM
TT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond repute
When you jump the fuse box and hear the click you have to open the frunk using the button on your key not the little switch in the car ... Wierd but that's what I noticed ...

Good luck

Old 10-20-2016, 10:37 PM
Talisman013 has a reputation beyond reputeTalisman013 has a reputation beyond reputeTalisman013 has a reputation beyond reputeTalisman013 has a reputation beyond reputeTalisman013 has a reputation beyond reputeTalisman013 has a reputation beyond reputeTalisman013 has a reputation beyond reputeTalisman013 has a reputation beyond reputeTalisman013 has a reputation beyond reputeTalisman013 has a reputation beyond reputeTalisman013 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by cam99
After you hooked up the battery to the fuse block, did you try using the remote fob to open the frunk?
I did not, I tried the kick panel release button. I will try the FOB tomorrow.

Fingers crossed.

Old 10-21-2016, 03:16 PM
ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TT.BRN
When you jump the fuse box and hear the click you have to open the frunk using the button on your key not the little switch in the car ... Wierd but that's what I noticed ...

Good luck
I believe I had to do the same. The switch on by the door wouldn't work.

Old 10-21-2016, 10:16 PM
Jako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to behold
Update? I needed to use the cable in the driver side foot well. Worked without issue.

Old 10-24-2016, 11:03 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cam99
Originally Posted by Talisman013
I did not, I tried the kick panel release button. I will try the FOB tomorrow.

Fingers crossed.
You MUST use the key fob release button once you hook up a charger to the fuse panel.

It's done this way as a security measure so that thieves can't just brake a window and then get access to your frunk. They would need your key.

Old 10-24-2016, 07:46 PM
Jako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to behold
^^^
Thumbs up! Didn't know that

Old 10-25-2016, 04:56 AM
dinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond repute
yup, this is correct, will only work with key fob.... I wish they wrote that in huge letters somewhere so that the first time this inevitable issue comes up for any of us you dont end up sitting there for hours trying to push the interior button as i did many years ago.

Old 10-25-2016, 06:43 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by dinorocz
yup, this is correct, will only work with key fob.... I wish they wrote that in huge letters somewhere so that the first time this inevitable issue comes up for any of us you dont end up sitting there for hours trying to push the interior button as i did many years ago.
It is frustrating trying to find info in the owner's manual - this feature is mentioned but not bolded or highlighted in any way: From step 6 in the "Emergency unlocking of the luggage compartment lid":

6. Unlock the luggage compartment lid with the
remote control.

Old 10-25-2016, 08:48 AM
dinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jhbrennan
It is frustrating trying to find info in the owner's manual - this feature is mentioned but not bolded or highlighted in any way: From step 6 in the "Emergency unlocking of the luggage compartment lid":

6. Unlock the luggage compartment lid with the
remote control.
I was thinking they should have this emblazoned on the back of the fuse panel that you must remove to get to the little nub... while they're at it they could have made the nub a bit longer

Old 10-25-2016, 08:59 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by dinorocz
I was thinking they should have this emblazoned on the back of the fuse panel that you must remove to get to the little nub... while they're at it they could have made the nub a bit longer
Yes, that too!

And be careful not to pull it out to hard....I've seen people pull the nub right out of the fuse box. Then you need to take the whole panel out to re-install it.

Old 10-25-2016, 09:08 AM
Originally Posted by Tom@Champion
Yes, that too!

And be careful not to pull it out to hard....I've seen people pull the nub right out of the fuse box. Then you need to take the whole panel out to re-install it.
now theres some good advice! Sending you a pm on something unrelated.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.