997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Calling all UK members!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-09-2016, 05:52 AM
gofast has much to be proud ofgofast has much to be proud ofgofast has much to be proud ofgofast has much to be proud ofgofast has much to be proud ofgofast has much to be proud ofgofast has much to be proud ofgofast has much to be proud ofgofast has much to be proud of
Calling all UK members!

Hi guys,

So I've finally done it, my 997tt is currently in a container and on its way to the UK! Its been really great owning it in Dubai, its been to the drag strip a few times at YAS F1 circuit, out on the Autodrome and plenty of late night VBox runs with fellow Dubai 6speeders.

Im spending more time in the UK now and decided that there are far more interesting roads across Europe not to mention many more events that are longer that a quarter mile, so after lots of contemplation its finally on its way. I will replace it in Dubai with a 991tts thats hopefully a lot quieter

I live in London, and I suppose I am going to need a garage that knows what they are doing as I've really done most of the work myself with the help of friends.

Ive got to get the car through an IVA test and somehow disguise my external waste gates etc lol. (Also possibly swap rear lights with someone for a day )

I know there are quite a few guys here now from the UK so any advice on garages would be great, maybe some ES guys can chime in.

I look forward to meeting you guys when there and taking part in all the events too!

Alex

Old 12-11-2016, 07:51 AM
gofast has much to be proud ofgofast has much to be proud ofgofast has much to be proud ofgofast has much to be proud ofgofast has much to be proud ofgofast has much to be proud ofgofast has much to be proud ofgofast has much to be proud ofgofast has much to be proud of
... Maybe I should reroute the container to the US

Old 12-11-2016, 08:57 AM
Near Victoria. You in London too?

Cant wait to do some Vbox runs in the cold!

Old 12-11-2016, 10:50 AM
Ill probably check out 9e when I'm over next. They have JZM in Abu Dhabi, they're not really tuners...

Im currently running tial/xona 3071's with external wastegates, 1100cc injectors, AMS coolers, coilovers and a few other bits along with meth but I just removed that for shipping.

When I get it all registered in the UK I'm going to build the block etc. Should be easier in the UK than UAE with zero Porsche engine builders...

Old 12-11-2016, 10:54 AM
Just saw that 9e is dealing protomotive. Perfecto!

Old 12-11-2016, 03:29 PM
TT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond repute
Good luck Alex ... Seems we wont race after all ..

Old 12-11-2016, 11:51 PM
Originally Posted by TT.BRN
Good luck Alex ... Seems we wont race after all ..
Lol we will! Just in a different car I'm thinking 991tts or if i can find a clean one (will be hard) 997 GT2.

Old 12-11-2016, 11:52 PM
Originally Posted by IMI A
JZM here in the UK do tuning with Manthey and have decent engine building facilities but yes with your set up 9e or ESM well worth a call. Sounds lovely especially when you have an engine with forged internals so you can push those turbos a bit more.

This is what happened to a 9e 28 (GT2 RS hybrid VTGS) when it came up against an ESM car equipped with Garrett 3071 on a stock engine - God knows how quick it would be on a built engine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DeBtaBYe74

I saw this a while back, i think thats what the GTR drivers say when we race

Old 12-11-2016, 11:54 PM
Originally Posted by mcoupe mus
Hey alex

Awesome to have another 6speed member in the UK and London!

I live in NW London, and there are loads of 997/991 members around close to us.

With the IVA, I've had loads done before so just drop me a message when the car is here and I can help out.

We have lots of stock parts laying around as well if you ever needed to borrow for the test.

When your down next give me a shout, we'll get some of the ES cars and guys out so you can see how their cars are!
Sounds great! I'll probably be over some time in Feb next. Only 2-3 of us here. I sent you a PM.

Old 12-12-2016, 02:33 AM
Originally Posted by P1SDW
Welcome Alex!

I'm Hertfordshire ( 20 mins north of London ) I use ESMOTOR UK who are only up the road. Im happy to meet up once your car arrives if you want

Sounds good! Car should arrive mid jan, as long as it doesn't end up in Djibouti.

I should be around in Feb and hopefully registering and getting it on the road won't be to much of a hassle.

Old 12-12-2016, 09:59 AM
Tommy700 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi I Just joined here, I have a ESMotor car and can vouch for these guys they no there stuff!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.