997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Torco Unleaded Fuel Accelerator

Old 02-15-2017, 06:37 AM
99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 32krazy!
no negatives at all. i only used a single can with a half tank of fuel. after a day at the drag strip most of the fuel is gone. like you i was running it as a safe guard for knock with 93 octane fuel.
I think I'll try one 32oz bottle to a full tank of gas and see if it makes a difference?

Old 02-15-2017, 06:38 AM
99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bigrpowr
i bought a few of those drums , it hurt ! the drums of E85 are about 1/8 of the price !!
It's about $700ish for a drum last time I checked. I guess if you were using it as a race day fuel only it wouldn't be too bad, but if you're using it for cruising it'd be crazy expensive.

Old 02-15-2017, 09:38 PM
bigrpowr is just really nicebigrpowr is just really nicebigrpowr is just really nicebigrpowr is just really nicebigrpowr is just really nice
Originally Posted by 99Gdzra
It's about $700ish for a drum last time I checked. I guess if you were using it as a race day fuel only it wouldn't be too bad, but if you're using it for cruising it'd be crazy expensive.
and it was.. so $110 for a drum made a hell of a lot more sense. now i keep 200 gallons on tap , and make more power than the $775 drum of 109 did .

Old 02-15-2017, 09:45 PM
Yeah, I'm a .2 car... DFI, so I'm stuck with alternate fuels NOT including E85... can't do E85 without spending craaaaaaazy money on secondary injectors, fuel system. Same problem I had with my C7, and that's why I had to go the meth route on it. I absolutely refuse to put meth on this car.

Old 02-15-2017, 11:32 PM
BHR997.2TT is on a distinguished road
What about Toluene or Xylene?

Old 02-16-2017, 09:28 PM
akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !
Tried the Torco octane booster at VIR a few months ago and it caused a lot of vibrations and misfire-like symptoms in my .2 TTS (almost ruined my track event). A number of things could have gone wrong, (1) incorrect mixture (there's a specific ratio of Torco to pump gas and I may have screwed it up), (2) I was running my 93 octane map (its possible the tune didn't respond well to the new fuel mixture) or (3) all of the above caused detonation issues!

The day was salvaged by filling up the tank (pump 93 octane) after every run and by the 3rd sessions the vibrations subsided. I will likely attribute my experience to user error however I would caution you to be mindful of the mixture (mix ratio). Needless to say, I never used it again and stick to race fuel available at the track when I need it ($9/gal be damned).

Old 02-16-2017, 10:31 PM
brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !
Maybe it causes an issue with the DFI system?

Old 02-17-2017, 06:17 AM
Thanks for all the feedback guys, looks like I had better do more research before I use it... getting new I/C's installed today and retuned. I'll see how it runs on pump gas first, before I try an additive, or race gas.

Old 02-17-2017, 11:09 AM
Fadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond repute
used vp octanium on my gtr, and was a bit better than pump+meth... checked logs and had dyno, picked up a few hp over meth.. if I recall correctly

street tune
766hp pump only 1.7bar

race tune 2.1-2.2bar and more timing
1085 pump+meth
1091 pump+octanium
1111 pump+octanium+meth

the knock was -1,-2 even -3 with meth but on octanium only -1..

Didnt drive the car after the dyno, but some other guys here use it even at the track for road racing, I am planning to use it for my 996tt at the track

planning to buy torco instead of octanium

Old 02-17-2017, 11:28 AM
brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !
Here is a lab test for octanium. I didn't know that VP had their own booster product. Looks to be about the same results. http://ls1tech.com/forums/sponsor-sa...available.html

Old 02-17-2017, 12:28 PM
Fadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond repute
Yes quite similar afaik torco, octanium and boostane

Old 02-17-2017, 02:22 PM
I just ordered a case of Boostane, looks promising. They say it doesn't settle like the Torco or others. No shelf life limit according to them.

Old 02-17-2017, 03:18 PM
Originally Posted by brnrdtns
I just ordered a case of Boostane, looks promising. They say it doesn't settle like the Torco or others. No shelf life limit according to them.
How much octane is it suppose to add to your pump gas?

Old 02-17-2017, 03:22 PM
110 or so, but that is mixing in a ton which is not cost effective. I'm just trying to get 91 to 96 or so. I'm stuck with pump 91 with ethanol in it, terrible stuff. I could probably run 700rwhp on 96.

Old 02-17-2017, 11:25 PM
jazzwu is a jewel in the roughjazzwu is a jewel in the roughjazzwu is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by brnrdtns
I just put a bottle of boostane in my stock 997.2 Turbo s last weekend.

Just to test and try not expecting much. I actually felt a difference. Car seems to want to pull harder but peak psi under full load doesn't change. Same amount of boost.

In a tuned car you should see the gains for sure.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.