997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Torco Unleaded Fuel Accelerator

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-13-2017, 09:23 PM
99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute
Torco Unleaded Fuel Accelerator

Has anyone used this for octane booster? I used the original in my C7 Corvette... but, I'm curious if anyone has used the unleaded variant of it with any noticeable difference? I'm getting ready to install my new I/C's and try those out at the drag strip, but I'd like to try this too, for knock protection.

I'm currently running 93 octane, but this supposedly will raise the octane number to as much as 105. Any opinions welcome, thanks.

Old 02-13-2017, 10:20 PM
Banned
32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !
ran it in my amg at the track for just that reason. about the best on the market for octane boosters

Old 02-13-2017, 11:10 PM
brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !
I run it. It does work. It uses some chemicals like toluene as well as MMT which is some magnesium compound that slows the burn the same way lead works in leaded fuel. It does not give you as much as claimed on the bottle. Someone on the Corvette forums mixed 1 can with 10 gallons of 91 and had it lab tested. It made 96.5 octane which is pretty damn good all things considered. The only downside is that the burned MMT leaves a burnt orange coat in your exhaust. It raises some concerns however long term testing has shown that it is safe for cats and sensors. There is a diminishing return so you can't keep adding more and expect linear results. Here is the test results: http://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/...t-results.html

Old 02-14-2017, 06:16 AM
saabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond repute
Hey Bubba,

Another option is to head over to MSR in Cresson and fill up on MS105.

Are you installing the ICs yourself? Need any help?

Old 02-14-2017, 06:33 AM
99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by saabin
Hey Bubba,

Another option is to head over to MSR in Cresson and fill up on MS105.

Are you installing the ICs yourself? Need any help?
Hey stranger! How've you been man? I actually considered getting another tune and buying a drum of MP109 too... but, that's for another thread. Ha! I just got the I/C's and debated installing them myself, but I'm undecided at this point. If you're feeling generous and adventurous I'd be very accepting of your help installing them... I know you've already done the one on your car. As of now it's scheduled for a Thursday install in Austin.

Old 02-14-2017, 07:43 AM
saabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond repute
Been doing good!

I'm always up for some turbo wrenching..

Which coolers did you end up with? Do they have their own durcting or do you need to trim the existing ones?

We could knok this out on my lift if you want or we could do at your place..

I'm game for sure..

Old 02-14-2017, 07:52 AM
Originally Posted by saabin
Been doing good!

I'm always up for some turbo wrenching..

Which coolers did you end up with? Do they have their own durcting or do you need to trim the existing ones?

We could knok this out on my lift if you want or we could do at your place..

I'm game for sure..
I ended up going with the AMS units. They're complete with carbon ducting and all the hardware including a new carbon y-pipe! Pretty excited... Hopefully get them installed, car retuned and see good gains at Ennis and Denton. Thank you for the offer to help, I really do appreciate it. I'll text you today and we can discuss.

Old 02-14-2017, 01:49 PM
Harry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud of
Torco Accelerator foul your plugs an orange color. They still operate fine after and i have no clue if they shorten the lifespan of your plugs, but i wouldn't want to risk it. Especially given how difficult it is to replace plugs on our cars.

Last edited by Harry Da Hamster; 02-14-2017 at 01:51 PM.
Old 02-14-2017, 02:12 PM
brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !
I didn't have any problems with it. It is good for a nice boost, not a replacement for race gas. Better than nothing especially if you live in an area where only 91 is available.

Old 02-14-2017, 02:15 PM
Originally Posted by 32krazy!
ran it in my amg at the track for just that reason. about the best on the market for octane boosters
Notice any negatives from using it? I only plan to use it if necessary.., at the track. I'm strictly a drag and roll racer.

Old 02-14-2017, 02:17 PM
Originally Posted by Harry Da Hamster
Torco Accelerator foul your plugs an orange color. They still operate fine after and i have no clue if they shorten the lifespan of your plugs, but i wouldn't want to risk it. Especially given how difficult it is to replace plugs on our cars.
According to their website, it's supposed to be O2 sensor safe, as well as cats safe too... not sure it would hurt the plugs either.

Old 02-14-2017, 02:20 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Harry Da Hamster

I hear it depends on the plugs. On my e92 M3 it did shorten the lifespan of the stock plugs significantly.

I would highly recommend actual Torco race fuel. They have some good stuff including their oxygenated 99 (95 motor octane) which I now use on my bolt on 997.2 together with meth injection and it incredible. vBox stats don't lie and 60-130's got quicker with the Torco in my car compared to MS109 which I had in the car earlier in the day at my last airstrip event.

My 60-130's dropped down to the 6.2X range from mid-6's which I was getting with MS109. 6.2X is pretty insane for being uphill on a very hot airstrip with a 10-15mph headwind. And I just have a couple bolt ons including full cats. That torco is awesome stuff.

Old 02-14-2017, 06:11 PM
Banned
32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 99Gdzra
Notice any negatives from using it? I only plan to use it if necessary.., at the track. I'm strictly a drag and roll racer.
no negatives at all. i only used a single can with a half tank of fuel. after a day at the drag strip most of the fuel is gone. like you i was running it as a safe guard for knock with 93 octane fuel.

Old 02-14-2017, 06:42 PM
bigrpowr is just really nicebigrpowr is just really nicebigrpowr is just really nicebigrpowr is just really nicebigrpowr is just really nice
Originally Posted by 99Gdzra
Hey stranger! How've you been man? I actually considered getting another tune and buying a drum of MP109 too... but, that's for another thread. Ha! I just got the I/C's and debated installing them myself, but I'm undecided at this point. If you're feeling generous and adventurous I'd be very accepting of your help installing them... I know you've already done the one on your car. As of now it's scheduled for a Thursday install in Austin.
i bought a few of those drums , it hurt ! the drums of E85 are about 1/8 of the price !!

Last edited by bigrpowr; 02-14-2017 at 06:50 PM.
Old 02-15-2017, 06:36 AM
Originally Posted by longboarder
I hear it depends on the plugs. On my e92 M3 it did shorten the lifespan of the stock plugs significantly.

I would highly recommend actual Torco race fuel. They have some good stuff including their oxygenated 99 (95 motor octane) which I now use on my bolt on 997.2 together with meth injection and it incredible. vBox stats don't lie and 60-130's got quicker with the Torco in my car compared to MS109 which I had in the car earlier in the day at my last airstrip event.

My 60-130's dropped down to the 6.2X range from mid-6's which I was getting with MS109. 6.2X is pretty insane for being uphill on a very hot airstrip with a 10-15mph headwind. And I just have a couple bolt ons including full cats. That torco is awesome stuff.
Thanks, Adam. I'll check out their fuel.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.