997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

MS109... Who is running it?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-12-2017, 04:38 PM
99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by longboarder
It was years ago but actually I remember going a little quicker on the pump gas run even though it was 1mph slower on the trap speed. Something like 10.64 vs 10.66. It was a conservative OTS Stage 1 file. The stage 2+ OTS file I'm running now is of course more aggressive and so the variance between pump vs race vs meth + pump vs meth + race is pretty significant.
Got it, thanks for the clarification. I discussed a new race gas tune today with Cobb Plano... they told me they hadn't done any 997.2 cats yet. I was told they usually see somewhere around 50whp on the .1 cars but had no indicator on a car like mine. See on the fence trying to decide on a race gas tune or not. I'm already running a stage 2 pump gas tune.

Old 04-12-2017, 04:49 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
The car is going on 8 years old and no race gas tune with cats? If you are dead set at keeping the Cobb, I would highly recommend working with Emre at ES Motors to do a custom tune.

Old 04-12-2017, 08:35 PM
99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute99Gdzra has a reputation beyond repute
The car is going on 8 years old and no race gas tune with cats? If you are dead set at keeping the Cobb, I would highly recommend working with Emre at ES Motors to do a custom tune.
Where is he? Does he work with the Cobb access port?

Old 04-12-2017, 08:59 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 99Gdzra
Where is he? Does he work with the Cobb access port?
Yes ES Motors / Emre is one of the best AP tuner in the world on the 3.8DI platform. This is a non biased review from someone that uses another tune but sees a lot about what goes on with the 997.2 and 991.

You would need to work with him remotely via taking and sending him logs. I have seen times when people here in SoCal have been in the middle of airstrip events and they are logging and sending Emre data for tune revisions no matter what the day/time. He can also look at logs before doing a tune and has a good eye to see if something might be wrong.

Old 04-12-2017, 09:19 PM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
Got it, thanks for the clarification. I discussed a new race gas tune today with Cobb Plano... they told me they hadn't done any 997.2 cats yet. I was told they usually see somewhere around 50whp on the .1 cars but had no indicator on a car like mine. See on the fence trying to decide on a race gas tune or not. I'm already running a stage 2 pump gas tune.
That there my friend is crazy talk. ProTuning Freaks has a 997.2 down here in Canada that is tuned for pump, pump & meth, race fuel. Was in for a pull in it and it hauled butt!!!

The above advise is a bulls eye advise if you ask me. Emre most likely has a dialed in tune sitting ready to go for you on 109 and to tell you the truth I would try his pump tune as well to see.

Protomotive is another great option as he had guys running deep into the 130 on just tune and exhaust. Many ran 6.6-6.9 60-130 on pump with just tune and exhaust.

Keep in mind with GIAC when you upgrade intercoolers they have another tune just for that and it adds solid jump in power as well! Giac has found once you do intercoolers that they is a lot more SAFE power to be had, hence why they have another tune after you upgrade them (with your exhaust).

Old 04-12-2017, 09:35 PM
bigrpowr is just really nicebigrpowr is just really nicebigrpowr is just really nicebigrpowr is just really nicebigrpowr is just really nice
Was your car tuned on the 109 or were you just substituting it for pump gas? Did you notice a difference between fuels and the way the car ran?
it was tuned for it. and the difference was substantial. prolly 50-75+ hp gain from my seat of the pant meter. when i put E85 and injectors in , it wasn't much stronger than that tune up. maybe 20hp at best .

Old 04-12-2017, 10:17 PM
Listen, you two guys are a wealth of knowledge on these cars it seems... I honestly don't mean to sound like an idiot, I'm just sooooooo new to this platform. I'm coming from American cars and feel well versed on those. I really really appreciate this feedback I'm getting, as my quest for more power, and understanding this car better continues.

To recap, I bought this car with a Sportec tune, catted Europipe, and panel filter... I've since had the car custom calibrated (Cobb) recommended by a "friend" and then later added AMS I/C's, and again, retuned. As the car sits, I don't believe it is making the power it should in my mind... call me crazy, but it has never seem to me to run as it should. Runs GREAT, just not as fast as I feel it should be mods taken into consideration.

I originally wanted to see what I could achieve power wise with a bolt on car on PUMP gas. Problem number one... direct injection. Same Effin problem I ran into with my 1,000hp C7 Corvette. Run out of fuel. 😖 Enter meth, not something I wanted to do with this car! I am quickly realizing I have few options... nitrous, meth, a full on secondary fuel system, or race gas. None of which I'm happy about, but, I wanna go fast.

Back on topic at hand, the tune..., seems EVERYONE has an opinion as to who is the "best" tuner is. I know who it is in my old C7 world, but this ain't that car. I'm at the mercy of guys like you two who are offering your knowledge and insight to help me! Bottom line, I appreciate your help and opinions. I'll look at both your tuners you recommended and see if they can help me. Sorry for my looooong reply to your posts.

Old 04-12-2017, 10:21 PM
Originally Posted by bigrpowr
it was tuned for it. and the difference was substantial. prolly 50-75+ hp gain from my seat of the pant meter. when i put E85 and injectors in , it wasn't much stronger than that tune up. maybe 20hp at best .
Thank you sir, I appreciate your input as well.

Old 04-13-2017, 06:56 PM
bigrpowr is just really nicebigrpowr is just really nicebigrpowr is just really nicebigrpowr is just really nicebigrpowr is just really nice
Thank you sir, I appreciate your input as well.
like you , i come from a totally different world . i have a 1000hp f250 and a 13-1500hp f250 .. so i'm in a new world by a landslide. ive been using protomotive and ive gotten ALOT of help, and non-financial interested recommendations which i appreciate. he's worked with my growth plan and really helped not do things twice. may be worth a call. i use the durametric software for data logging and sending back and it has worked really well. just my .02 cents .

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.