997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

PASM failure.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-09-2017, 01:57 AM
bsh
bsh is a name known to allbsh is a name known to allbsh is a name known to allbsh is a name known to allbsh is a name known to allbsh is a name known to all
PASM failure.

Hi,
I have got an issue with the "PASM failure" sometimes. Strange thing is that it normally appears right after starting the car when it has been left outside in the sun, but have happened while drive a couple of times, but very rare...
Durametric says code 5400 Fault sport mode.
I also have this fault Porsche Access System - PAS: Terminal 50.

I have also a Airbag fault code C152 Communication PSM control module unit (drive).
I can not remember the "PASM Failure" have happened when the car have been sat in the garage.
I have read it can be one of the shocks, but should the Durametric enthusiast version be able to detect this?
Anyone?
997 TT 2007.

Thanks

Last edited by bsh; 07-19-2017 at 01:25 AM.
Old 07-10-2017, 06:44 AM
Mark's997T will become famous soon enoughMark's997T will become famous soon enough
The only time this has happened to me was when I disconnected the battery. It eventually cleared itself out after a couple of drives.

Old 07-12-2017, 06:43 AM
maverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bsh
Hi,
I have got an issue with the "PASM failure" sometimes. Strange thing is that it normally appears right after starting the car when it has been left outside in the sun, but have happened while drive a couple of times, but very rare...
Durametric says code 5400 Fault sport mode. I have also a Airbag fault code C152 Communication PSM control module unit (drive).
I can not remember the "PASM Failure" have happened when the car have been sat in the garage.
I have read it can be one of the shocks, but should the Durametric enthusiast version be able to detect this?
Anyone?
997 TT 2007.

Thanks
I also have the PASM failure and thought its because of my KW pasm bypass board failure. Strange thing for me is when i leave it out in the sun and start the car, no issues. I get the failure everytime I take the car out of covered parking. Something to do with temperature.

Definitely not the shocks coz i have KW V3's.

Old 07-13-2017, 12:13 AM
bsh
bsh is a name known to allbsh is a name known to allbsh is a name known to allbsh is a name known to allbsh is a name known to allbsh is a name known to all
Anyone knows where the PAS module is located?

I found in a post that the PASM module is located in the passanger side footwell just above the ending of the carpet.

Think I should check the connections, and opene both modules to see if I can find some bad solder points.

Old 07-17-2017, 03:00 AM
bsh
I also have this fault Porsche Access System - PAS: Terminal 50.

Anyone knows where PAS module is located?

Old 07-17-2017, 12:19 PM
977ttblue is on a distinguished road
Some times throttle body can cause this issue, i got this thing 2 years ago, I replaced the throttle body and everything solved .

Old 07-19-2017, 01:23 AM
bsh
Originally Posted by 977ttblue
Some times throttle body can cause this issue, i got this thing 2 years ago, I replaced the throttle body and everything solved .

Ok that sound really strange... How did you diagnose it?
What fault codes did you have?

Thanks

Old 07-19-2017, 12:33 PM
bsh
Took the car to my dealer today, and their reader said that all 4 shocks are faulty. 000C 000D 000E 000F.
Control unit faulty 000B.
Shock-absorber control faulty 0011.

Possible fault causes:
- Short circuit to ground in one of the solenoid valve supply lines.
- PASM control module faulty.

Think I will buy a second hand PASM module. Anyone?

Old 08-04-2017, 11:01 AM
bsh
Ok I got an second hand PASM module off ebay with the correct partnumber. Installed it today, but now I get this fault code under PSM, Instrument cluster and Gateway:
C156:
Communic. PASM control unit (drive).

This is very strange because now the fault code arrives once the car is started and before moving. Earlier it happened only when the car started to move, NEVER before...

Does this second hand module need to be coded to the car (my car is Euro-spec, while the second hand module is from a US car), or is it defective?

Thanks

Last edited by bsh; 08-04-2017 at 03:14 PM.
Old 08-12-2017, 01:48 PM
bsh
Had the car at my Porsche dealer, and they told me the "New" second hand PASM module is faulty...

@Prodigymb: Please check Your PM.

Thanks

Old 09-05-2017, 11:39 AM
bsh
I got another second hand PASM module and have been driven the car a couple of weeks without any fault messages, so it seems everything is ok now

Old 09-05-2017, 12:54 PM
maverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond reputemaverickdxb has a reputation beyond repute
great stuff, how much does a used pasm module cost?

Old 09-05-2017, 01:14 PM
gemmaput is an unknown quantity at this point

Old 09-06-2017, 02:42 AM
bsh
Originally Posted by maverickdxb
great stuff, how much does a used pasm module cost?

about 200 usd

Originally Posted by gemmaput

Unlikely that all 4 shocks where faulty, and it normally only happened when the car had been parked outside in the sun and it was hot inside.

000C 000D 000E 000F.
Control unit faulty 000B.
Shock-absorber control faulty 0011.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.