997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Currently running FVD software, how do i revert to stock? FVD cust svc non existent.

Old 09-10-2017, 03:05 PM
Harry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud of
Currently running FVD software, how do i revert to stock?

Going to take the sled into Porsche service soon for warranty work. Does anyone know how to revert back to stock and back to modified again? Currently running FVD ECU software and i have the original "My Genius" upload tool. The vehicle came with the FVD tune, i did not install it. I called FVD but they did not answer or call back. I'll leave another message monday.

Last edited by Harry Da Hamster; 09-11-2017 at 02:39 AM.
Old 09-10-2017, 07:03 PM
bgrpph has a spectacular aura aboutbgrpph has a spectacular aura aboutbgrpph has a spectacular aura about
i don't have mine in front of me & haven't done it in awhile- but as i recall- need to connect car to ur battery charger- connect genius to port with the wire- turn key on- select writing- there should be two files shown- .mod file is modified- other is orig file- u want to write orig file to car- use partial writing - follow instructions on genius- click ok after each instruction- u'll be turning key on & off several times as instructions say- don't be alarmed when the front radiator fans turn on during writing. do the same when u reinstall the modified file- select the .mod file to write to car then. process only takes a few minutes to go from modified file to orig or back-
FVD is in pompano beach, FL - sure they were gone due to hurricane Irma- here's their contact info- Contact
FVD Brombacher - USA

5061 NW 13th Ave STE A
Pompano Beach, FL 33064
USA

Phone: 1-954-571-2050
Fax: 1-954-571-2060
E-Mail: sales@fvd.net

Last edited by bgrpph; 09-10-2017 at 07:10 PM.
Old 09-10-2017, 07:09 PM
Harry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud of
I wonder if this is like jailbreaking your smart phone... and if you do it wrong, you will brick it. LOL. Your instructions seem easy enough, i'll give it a try.

Old 09-10-2017, 07:41 PM
bgrpph has a spectacular aura aboutbgrpph has a spectacular aura aboutbgrpph has a spectacular aura about
here is the utube from FVD -most of it is getting the files from ur car to FVD, then getting the modified file & orig file onto the genius etc- if u go to 8:49 on this it will show u how to download the modified file on the genius onto your car. This is very similar to what you will be doing to revert to the orig file or back to the modified file- the difference is that you will have two file on the genius and will need to select which file you want to write to the car- .mod or orig. when u first connect it- i think u select work- then follow the directions to write. hope this helps

Old 09-11-2017, 02:39 AM
Yikes, that explains the no call back. Hopefully they're doing ok! I'll check the vid and try it this coming week.

Old 09-11-2017, 08:09 AM
Premium Sponsor
Rhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond repute
Harry,

Very sorry that we missed your call.

Last week Friday we were preparing for Hurricane Irma. We are currently without power but the main line is forwarded to my cell phone. You can try us now if you like.

bgrpph is correct, when you get to 8:49 in the video, just toggle with the left or right arrow keys to select the original or tuned file.

If you have an older version of the My Genius Tool just choose recovery (reverts to the original file) on the first screen and follow the instructions on the display.

Would you kindly private message or email me with your contact information. I will reply with all of the engineers contact information so in the event that you need assistance you can speak with them directly.

Many thanks and our sincere apologies,
Rhonda

Contact me directly to get the latest FVD forum member discount!

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

Visit our online shop for an extensive selection of tuning and original parts www.fvd.net

Old 09-11-2017, 12:19 PM
Domer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond repute
I saw the thread title and said to myself "Must be a different FVD..."

Hope all is well down there!

Old 09-11-2017, 02:36 PM
No need to be sorry Rhonda. Hope u guys are ok down there

Old 09-14-2017, 03:14 PM
Premium Sponsor
Rhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond repute
All is well and we are 100% back up and running. Thanks for the kind words.

Contact me directly to get the latest FVD forum member discount!

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

Visit our online shop for an extensive selection of tuning and original parts www.fvd.net

Old 09-17-2017, 10:47 AM
Red911TT is a splendid one to beholdRed911TT is a splendid one to beholdRed911TT is a splendid one to beholdRed911TT is a splendid one to beholdRed911TT is a splendid one to beholdRed911TT is a splendid one to beholdRed911TT is a splendid one to behold
Any way to change the title of the thread? Mods?

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.