997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

New BOV's, Which ones?

Old 11-17-2017, 02:53 AM
gofast has much to be proud ofgofast has much to be proud ofgofast has much to be proud ofgofast has much to be proud ofgofast has much to be proud ofgofast has much to be proud ofgofast has much to be proud ofgofast has much to be proud ofgofast has much to be proud of
New BOV's, Which ones?

Hi,

I am putting DO88's and the stock airbox back on my car because its now in the UK (Filters currently on turbos).

Because of this I have to move my current BOV's from the Y pipe and put something in the stock AMS intercooler location in the engine bay.

What are you guys running in that location?

Ive been looking at forge, link attached. But the last forge ones I had weren't that great.

https://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/Po...uct--1407.html

Also in my current setup I have two Tial Q50's with 8psi springs. With the type above will I have to spring match to 8psi too?

Does anyone think there will be any noticeable performance loss?

Thanks!

Here is a picture of the current set up and another of what I want to go back too.

Old 11-17-2017, 03:01 AM
Tareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant futureTareq has a brilliant future
Hey A

I think you need to Ask your Tuner

Old 11-17-2017, 03:02 AM
gofast has much to be proud ofgofast has much to be proud ofgofast has much to be proud ofgofast has much to be proud ofgofast has much to be proud ofgofast has much to be proud ofgofast has much to be proud ofgofast has much to be proud ofgofast has much to be proud of
Do you even boost...

Old 11-17-2017, 03:15 AM
TT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond repute
Hey Alex,

This works

The adaptr is from the jdm world, using just the 1 the Q50 is huge its enough, but had to change the spring to -11 iirc to keep it closed at idle.

I ditched the oem box but still run this setup. If you're set on changing them look into the Tial qrj

Old 11-17-2017, 03:21 AM
Hey,

Long time!

I wanted something smaller, I had tried the QRJ's before I got the Q50's but they didn't fit in the stock AMS locations. Atleast the right side didn't.

I think the out of box alpha9 kit uses stock Bosch ones. I might look into that.

The first ever forge ones I had were so cheap and bad.

Old 11-17-2017, 06:56 AM
rob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond repute
Or you can just weld them to your intercoolers. Saves room in the engine bay and looks good when the bumper is off.

Old 11-17-2017, 07:02 AM
Originally Posted by rob.boost
Or you can just weld them to your intercoolers. Saves room in the engine bay and looks good when the bumper is off.
Yeh eventually I will when I have time to take it somewhere that knows what they're doing. I just want to be able to drive it soon

Old 11-17-2017, 01:03 PM
K24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond repute
Mines are this way welded on my Protomotive/TPC coolers, nice solution.
The lonely downside is they are not easy to service when sticked (it occured 3 times in 5 years and 2 times they get ok from themselves), so now I grease them each time I bolt off the rear bumper, about once a year.

Old 11-17-2017, 02:03 PM
rob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by K24F
Mines are this way welded on my Protomotive/TPC coolers, nice solution.
The lonely downside is they are not easy to service when sticked (it occured 3 times in 5 years and 2 times they get ok from themselves), so now I grease them each time I bolt off the rear bumper, about once a year.

Strange, have had mine this way for 2 years, never had them stick. I use TIAL 50mm. Although taking the rear bumper cover off takes less than 10 minutes so not terrible.

Old 11-17-2017, 02:49 PM
K24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond reputeK24F has a reputation beyond repute
Strange, have had mine this way for 2 years, never had them stick. I use TIAL 50mm. Although taking the rear bumper cover off takes less than 10 minutes so not terrible.
Dunno what size are mines, Todd provided me the coolers with them on.
The rare times one get sticked it was open, no boost anymore and dangerous for the turbos.
Right about the 10mn but not so easy when on the street/track.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.