997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Engine Identifying part Help !!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-28-2018, 07:18 PM
Alex168 is on a distinguished road
Engine Identifying part Help !!

Hello Everyone,
I would appreciate it a lot if someone can tell me what part # is this marked in the photo. Just bought this 997.1 Turbo last week and the previous owner told me about this issue and I would more than willing to replace it. I downloaded the PET and saw carefully every single photo and couldn't find it.

Thanks
Alex

Old 04-28-2018, 08:55 PM
saabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond repute
What exactly did the PO tell you the "issue" was?

Its been a while since I looked on my car in this area, but it looks like in the pictures someone has used JB Weld or similar to goop up the area between the 4-6 Cyl. Aux oil pump and the end of the engine cam cover.. Def a bit concerning.. maybe it was leaking?

Did the PO hit and or crack something and did a cheapie repair?

Otherwise the underside looks very clean..

I think the aux oil pump part # is 996.107.021.73, lists for about $900 from Sonnen. But its hard to tell if that's all you need..

Old 04-28-2018, 11:31 PM
Alex168 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by saabin
What exactly did the PO tell you the "issue" was?

Its been a while since I looked on my car in this area, but it looks like in the pictures someone has used JB Weld or similar to goop up the area between the 4-6 Cyl. Aux oil pump and the end of the engine cam cover.. Def a bit concerning.. maybe it was leaking?

Did the PO hit and or crack something and did a cheapie repair?

Otherwise the underside looks very clean..

I think the aux oil pump part # is 996.107.021.73, lists for about $900 from Sonnen. But its hard to tell if that's all you need..
Hello Saabin,
Yes, the car hit a rock and cracked it and used JB Weld, yeah very cheap repair And yes it's leaking barely. I cleaned the area before taking the photos. Thank a lot for the part number! I was checking in the PET the only part I could indentify for the Cam Cover but it seems not to be sold without the Cam housing

The car also has the right side quarter panel repaired, exactly in the fender area. And that's something that I'm considering seriously replacing it in a near future. You can see in the pics marked with red circle that the paint was also cheap and bad.. it's bulging. And the fender curvature is not perfect.
I really wish to give the Glory back to this 997T. Is my first Turbo and I have been drearming with it for over a decade already.

Also, I'm trying to find a business that is specialized in restoring wheels. As you could notice the wheels are painted. I assume that they were damaged in the accident. If you can suggest me one would be awesome.

Thanks
Alex