997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Antigravity Lightweight Battery for GT2

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-19-2019, 09:20 AM
Former Vendor
Antigravity Batteries has a brilliant futureAntigravity Batteries has a brilliant futureAntigravity Batteries has a brilliant futureAntigravity Batteries has a brilliant futureAntigravity Batteries has a brilliant futureAntigravity Batteries has a brilliant futureAntigravity Batteries has a brilliant futureAntigravity Batteries has a brilliant futureAntigravity Batteries has a brilliant futureAntigravity Batteries has a brilliant futureAntigravity Batteries has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by BHR997.2TT
Which charger & maintainer is required for the H5/Group-47 - 40Ah?

Im trying to decide between the 30Ah & 40Ah. Typically, how long will the 30Ah last on a parked modern car? I know it depends on the car and how much it draws when off, but are we talking less than a week for example?

I ask because I will have the charger/maintainer on the car anytime it is not started for over a day or two, however if I take it to the dealer it might spend a few days without the charger/maintainer and it could stay in the dealer for over a week.
Good questions... and important ones also.

1- About the chargers. We carry two brands. CTEK and OPTIMATE.. both are best in their field and by far the best Lithium chargers being they both use a specific Lithium Charging algorithm unlike the cheaper brands. For the batteries for the Porsches i am recommending CTEK Lithium ($85) because they split the difference in Pricing.... and you get a over 4 amp charge rate which is pretty fast. Also if you are rarely charging or driving alot and don't store very often or long the .8 Amp Optimate is about $60 bucks but will keep the battery maintained. But for $25 more the CTEK is over 4 amps which is faster charging , then there is the Optimate 5 Amp that is about $110 but that has 5 Amps of charge rate so a little faster and also does some conditioning, and saving but that is really not needed on these size batteries, it's more for the older style lithium battery without all the protections that we incorporate into this modern Lithium Battery.

2- As far as how long the 40Amp Hour will stay with a charge. It should be about 6 week to 8 weeks. As you said it depends on the vehicle... and I have heard the earlier Porsches have a higher parasitic draw because in recent years the 991s got a Battery management system in the car that puts the systems to sleep sooner and more effectively. I have a GT3RS.... I can get 8 weeks out of a 40 Ah and it down at about 13v and it still starts easy as pie. It is stock, not accessories, Bluetooth Chargers or Cameras..... and that is the longest I have ever let it sit in my garage without being driven. But we have other reporting about 6 weeks in most Porsches... but most are not leaving that long with out driving.... but it has been very good actually. It certainly not a week or two.... A 40 Ah should sit minimum a month if you have a high parasitic draw. For long term storage, you can put it on a Lithium Maintainer when you plan on more than 6 weeks...

You can also check your parasitic draw with a Multimeter... But in general 40Ah is a very solid Ah and since Lithium does not have a high "Self-Discharge" like lead acid you can usually get away with a smaller Amp Hour Lithium than Lead/Acid battery.

Old 04-26-2019, 03:32 PM
JSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud of
Just to chime in, I own an Antigravity Jump pack for a little over a year. I purchased it for last summer's road trip.

Thankfully I have not needed it for my car but I have jumped 3 car for people I have seen stuck with deal batteries and have charged my cell phone with it whole camping at Acadia National Park. After all that I decided to charge it, and it still shows full.

I was on the Noco / Anti gravity fence and I am glad my research led me to Antigravity. Great product. Do not buy off amazon I hear they are fakes, buy off the AG website to be sure you get the real deal.

When I need a new battery I will go this route with the larger battery.

Question, will my original Porsche maintainer (c tek) work with this new battery?

Old 04-29-2019, 02:19 PM
Former Vendor
Antigravity Batteries has a brilliant futureAntigravity Batteries has a brilliant futureAntigravity Batteries has a brilliant futureAntigravity Batteries has a brilliant futureAntigravity Batteries has a brilliant futureAntigravity Batteries has a brilliant futureAntigravity Batteries has a brilliant futureAntigravity Batteries has a brilliant futureAntigravity Batteries has a brilliant futureAntigravity Batteries has a brilliant futureAntigravity Batteries has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by JSF721
Just to chime in, I own an Antigravity Jump pack for a little over a year. I purchased it for last summer's road trip.

Thankfully I have not needed it for my car but I have jumped 3 car for people I have seen stuck with deal batteries and have charged my cell phone with it whole camping at Acadia National Park. After all that I decided to charge it, and it still shows full.

I was on the Noco / Anti gravity fence and I am glad my research led me to Antigravity. Great product. Do not buy off amazon I hear they are fakes, buy off the AG website to be sure you get the real deal.

When I need a new battery I will go this route with the larger battery.

Question, will my original Porsche maintainer (c tek) work with this new battery?
Unfortunately not so much as I'm guessing that one is for the stock lead/acid battery you have in there? If so, you would want to update it to an intelligent option such as the one Ctek makes specifically for lithium.

CTEK Lithium Charger

Old 04-29-2019, 11:36 PM
JSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud ofJSF721 has much to be proud of
Will this charger plug into my cigarette lighter like my porsche Ctek ?

Originally Posted by Antigravity Batteries
Unfortunately not so much as I'm guessing that one is for the stock lead/acid battery you have in there? If so, you would want to update it to an intelligent option such as the one Ctek makes specifically for lithium.

CTEK Lithium Charger

Old 04-30-2019, 09:46 AM
Former Vendor
Will this charger plug into my cigarette lighter like my porsche Ctek ?
CTEK I believe offers the plug... but the CTEK Lithium we sell does not have the Cig Lighter Tip in the box...

Old 04-30-2019, 12:11 PM
Thanks, that makes it so much more convenient to use. You should consider carrying it.

Love your products.

Originally Posted by Antigravity Batteries
CTEK I believe offers the plug... but the CTEK Lithium we sell does not have the Cig Lighter Tip in the box...

Old 04-30-2019, 12:17 PM
BHR997.2TT is on a distinguished road
Thanks, that makes it so much more convenient to use. You should consider carrying it.

Love your products.
I would check if the cig option works on the porsche, because I believe it will shutdown after a long period and stop charging from the cig.

Old 04-30-2019, 12:18 PM
Former Vendor

Love your products.
Thanks, and yes we ordered 25 pieces of it today.

Old 04-30-2019, 12:20 PM
Former Vendor
I would check if the cig option works on the porsche, because I believe it will shutdown after a long period and stop charging from the cig.
Well the charger that comes with the Porsche uses the CTEK... but it has only the Cig lighter adapter for charging. This it basically the same Charger but for Lithium and with the non-Porsche branded CTEKs they have more options for attaching clamps or Cig lighter as well as other stuff. Should work fine, if it doesn't CTEK will get a call from us asking about it.

Old 04-30-2019, 01:02 PM
My car is a 2011 TTS 997.2 and I have had this ctek charger (Porsche branded) since day one.

No issue and it shows me the battery condition all the time.

It is plugged in all winter and I've never seen it off. My first battery lasted 6.5 year and was replaced proactively as I despise when I get stuck because of something I could have and should have done especially if it is something I could have easily avoided.

Old 04-30-2019, 10:21 PM
pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !
Looks like they're (40Ah) out of stock. When's the next shipment coming in?

Old 05-01-2019, 05:01 AM
BHR997.2TT is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by pureporsche
Looks like they're (40Ah) out of stock. When's the next shipment coming in?
I ordered the H5-40Ah a few days ago and they had it in stock even thought the website said it was on backorder.

Their website is not accurate, mail them directly or better yet call.

Old 05-02-2019, 12:19 PM
Former Vendor
I ordered the H5-40Ah a few days ago and they had it in stock even thought the website said it was on backorder.

Their website is not accurate, mail them directly or better yet call.
Sorry, we sold out of H6 and H5 40Ah models, .... we didn't really expect it to hit so hard. But our next container should be here in a few weeks and we will air freight some in.

But we DO have some H7 size in stock in 40Ah, if that interests anyone. ONly difference is the Case is 1.5 " longer left to right... but exact same battery just different case.