997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Antigravity Lightweight Battery for GT2

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-01-2019, 12:18 PM
Former Vendor
Antigravity Batteries has a brilliant futureAntigravity Batteries has a brilliant futureAntigravity Batteries has a brilliant futureAntigravity Batteries has a brilliant futureAntigravity Batteries has a brilliant futureAntigravity Batteries has a brilliant futureAntigravity Batteries has a brilliant futureAntigravity Batteries has a brilliant futureAntigravity Batteries has a brilliant futureAntigravity Batteries has a brilliant futureAntigravity Batteries has a brilliant future
Antigravity Lightweight Battery for GT2

Hi all,

We, Antigravity Lithium-Ion Batteries are a site sponsor here on the ^speed forum, I wanted to come on this forum and say that we offer a NEW Lightweight Lithium Battery for Porsches GT2, as well as any other European and American Performance Cars....

What sets apart our Batteries from Competitors are the following facts.

1- We offer the latest in Lightweight Lithium-Ion technology for our Lithium Batteries. For example our batteries include a Full Battery Management System for the Safest and Longest Lasting Battery possible, (up to 8 year lifespan). This BMS offer protections agains over-charge, over-discharge, short-circuiting, and over-heating. As well it offers Cell Balancing to make sure all the Cells stay in sync with their state of charge. All this makes for an incredibly safe, reliable, and long life battery.

2- We are the only battery manufacturer to offer BUILT-IN wireless Jump Starting. So that means you WON'T be stranded with a dead battery EVER. If you left lights on or stored the car to several month and came back to a dead battery.... simply push the button on our Wireless Remote Keyfob, start the Car and drive away. Yes it works!

3-Our New Battery is in a DROP-IN fit OEM sized Battery. We use the H6/Group48 size and H7/Group 94R Case size for most the Porsches, both sizes will fit perfectly in most the Models also. GT2/3s use the H6 size. No special mounting, no "kit". Just drop it in using the exact existing mounting and you done. And easy direct swap.

4- We offer significantly lower pricing that most of our competitors, while offering more in Technology, Functionality and Fitment.

I have posted a video below of our latest Battery below as well as a link to our page.

Product Page Link. https://shop.antigravitybatteries.co...es/automotive/

Old 04-02-2019, 01:39 PM
mikestyle is a glorious beacon of lightmikestyle is a glorious beacon of lightmikestyle is a glorious beacon of lightmikestyle is a glorious beacon of lightmikestyle is a glorious beacon of light
Pretty cool tech! How much weight is saved?!

Old 04-03-2019, 10:31 AM
Former Vendor
Antigravity Batteries has a brilliant futureAntigravity Batteries has a brilliant futureAntigravity Batteries has a brilliant futureAntigravity Batteries has a brilliant futureAntigravity Batteries has a brilliant futureAntigravity Batteries has a brilliant futureAntigravity Batteries has a brilliant futureAntigravity Batteries has a brilliant futureAntigravity Batteries has a brilliant futureAntigravity Batteries has a brilliant futureAntigravity Batteries has a brilliant future
Well over the typical Group 48 /H6 size Lead Acid Battery its 35lbs... if you go with our 40Ah Version, which is more oriented toward Performance Street Use.... if you go with out 24Ah version then you save about 40lbs... but that has less capacity and while can be used on the Street it may require a Battery Maintainer if you store the car over a month without a charger on it.

Old 04-03-2019, 12:31 PM
mikestyle is a glorious beacon of lightmikestyle is a glorious beacon of lightmikestyle is a glorious beacon of lightmikestyle is a glorious beacon of lightmikestyle is a glorious beacon of light
Pretty good weight savings, thank you.

Old 04-05-2019, 03:43 AM
BHR997.2TT is on a distinguished road
So which kit do you recommend for a hardly driven 997.2 Turbo? Don't mind using a maintainer.

Old 04-05-2019, 09:06 AM
Former Vendor
Well I thin the best would be the 40Ah versions. The would require the least amount of charging at any time and are best for most Street Driving applications. We that being said the 24Amp Hour versions save 5-6 more pounds... but the offset is they will not stay charged as long when in storage because they are almost half the Capacity (half the size battery) than the 40Ah version. So the the heavy street performance/track day guy the 24Ah is fine. Just need to monitor the voltage a bit more if you store it and don't drive ofter.... or as you said put it on a Maintainer.

But if the use is more street occaisional driving the 40Ah is a better choice. I can hold a charge a very long time, has excellent capacity and much more Power... thought the Power on Lithium even in the 24Ah is always there... they are 2x more powerful at cranking than the same Ah lead acid battery.

If any other questions let me know.

Old 04-05-2019, 09:22 AM
Originally Posted by Antigravity Batteries
Well I thin the best would be the 40Ah versions. The would require the least amount of charging at any time and are best for most Street Driving applications. We that being said the 24Amp Hour versions save 5-6 more pounds... but the offset is they will not stay charged as long when in storage because they are almost half the Capacity (half the size battery) than the 40Ah version. So the the heavy street performance/track day guy the 24Ah is fine. Just need to monitor the voltage a bit more if you store it and don't drive ofter.... or as you said put it on a Maintainer.

But if the use is more street occaisional driving the 40Ah is a better choice. I can hold a charge a very long time, has excellent capacity and much more Power... thought the Power on Lithium even in the 24Ah is always there... they are 2x more powerful at cranking than the same Ah lead acid battery.

If any other questions let me know.
Is the exterior size of the 24h different than the 40h?

also is this a direct fit or a bracket is required? If so which one is required?

Old 04-05-2019, 09:39 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by BHR997.2TT
Is the exterior size of the 24h different than the 40h?

also is this a direct fit or a bracket is required? If so which one is required?
Both Amp Hours versions, are both the exact same box/case size, the only difference is the battery sze INSIDE the case. There is not need to change anything it is also the exact same size as the H6/Group 48 that is found is most all the 997s.

WE only do the different Amp Hours since some people are super weight conscious and want the latest possible for their track/race/performance car.... but with that as I said in the lower Amp Hour come more of a dedication to watching the voltage if you don't drive to keep it charged much....

But we have this super cool new product to make that easier too....

Old 04-07-2019, 01:22 AM

997.2 Turbo - Batter Tray
Both Amp Hours versions, are both the exact same box/case size, the only difference is the battery sze INSIDE the case. There is not need to change anything it is also the exact same size as the H6/Group 48 that is found is most all the 997s.
After inspecting the battery on my car, the size matches the H6/Group 48, however after removing the battery, I noticed that there is provision in the tray to accommodate 4 different battery sizes (attached). The middle one is the H6/Group 48, the left I presume is the H7/Group 94R and the right is the H5/Group 47. I checked the space between each thread and the sizes match up to the other battery sizes I mentioned.

In light of the above, since the car can accept the H5/Group 47, what is the difference (other than the size of course) between a H5/Group 47 - 40Ah and a H6/Group 48 - 40Ah?

I mean, the H5 is smaller, cheaper and lighter than the H6, any point in going with the H6?

Last edited by BHR997.2TT; 04-07-2019 at 01:25 AM.
Old 04-07-2019, 08:56 PM
Former Vendor

997.2 Turbo - Batter Tray

After inspecting the battery on my car, the size matches the H6/Group 48, however after removing the battery, I noticed that there is provision in the tray to accommodate 4 different battery sizes (attached). The middle one is the H6/Group 48, the left I presume is the H7/Group 94R and the right is the H5/Group 47. I checked the space between each thread and the sizes match up to the other battery sizes I mentioned.

In light of the above, since the car can accept the H5/Group 47, what is the difference (other than the size of course) between a H5/Group 47 - 40Ah and a H6/Group 48 - 40Ah?

I mean, the H5 is smaller, cheaper and lighter than the H6, any point in going with the H6?
Well that is quite cool actually.... yes the H5 would be a fine choice as well. I have a GT3 RS... and it fits H6, H7, H8.... so that is why I'm alway mentioning the H6 beause H6 and H7 fit in most everything. So if you can get an H5 then yes that would work fine.

Most the other Euro Cars mounting clears are from back to front so you can absolutely fit any of the sizes since the footers on the battery are exactly the same width always on all the H Series and T Series... Porsche is the only one that does it side to side so you a a little more limited. But I'm glad to know I can now recommend the H5 also in some of 997GT2s... I assume its the same in the Turbo?

Old 04-07-2019, 09:07 PM
Well that is quite cool actually.... yes the H5 would be a fine choice as well. I have a GT3 RS... and it fits H6, H7, H8.... so that is why I'm alway mentioning the H6 beause H6 and H7 fit in most everything. So if you can get an H5 then yes that would work fine.

Most the other Euro Cars mounting clears are from back to front so you can absolutely fit any of the sizes since the footers on the battery are exactly the same width always on all the H Series and T Series... Porsche is the only one that does it side to side so you a a little more limited. But I'm glad to know I can now recommend the H5 also in some of 997GT2s... I assume its the same in the Turbo?
not sure if the 997GT2 is the same, but it should be.

So technically speaking, are there any differences or benefits between the H5, H6 and H7 with the same Ah other than the size?

Old 04-09-2019, 09:16 PM
Former Vendor
not sure if the 997GT2 is the same, but it should be.

So technically speaking, are there any differences or benefits between the H5, H6 and H7 with the same Ah other than the size?

Sorry for delay, out of town.... anyway no benefit UNLESS say the H5 size makes your battery cables Stretch to reach it. The difference in cost is due to the cost of the larger cases costing us more also.... we also have to put more of the some of the mounting materials inside a larger case. So you can save a few dollars by going smaller. But not any BENEFIT except for a better fitment ins some circumstances which allows for the best installation.

Old 04-18-2019, 01:10 PM
Sorry for delay, out of town.... anyway no benefit UNLESS say the H5 size makes your battery cables Stretch to reach it. The difference in cost is due to the cost of the larger cases costing us more also.... we also have to put more of the some of the mounting materials inside a larger case. So you can save a few dollars by going smaller. But not any BENEFIT except for a better fitment ins some circumstances which allows for the best installation.
No special offers for forum members? I see you are giving 12% discount with free shipping on your website for bikes.

Old 04-18-2019, 04:57 PM
Former Vendor
No special offers for forum members? I see you are giving 12% discount with free shipping on your website for bikes.
I'm not understanding... we don't offer anything specifically for Bikes... as far as discount. We offer a 12% discount for EVERYBODY who is a first time Customer on the Website. But as forum specific not yet. This is a brand new product... and you would get the 12% discount for your first order. But overall we aren't doing any discounts yet because there is a lot invested in this product and it brand new. Once we get into it a little more we will. But at this point it completely new..... and still much lower priced that any Braille, or Volt Phreaks but with more features.

Old 04-18-2019, 11:30 PM
I'm not understanding... we don't offer anything specifically for Bikes... as far as discount. We offer a 12% discount for EVERYBODY who is a first time Customer on the Website. But as forum specific not yet. This is a brand new product... and you would get the 12% discount for your first order. But overall we aren't doing any discounts yet because there is a lot invested in this product and it brand new. Once we get into it a little more we will. But at this point it completely new..... and still much lower priced that any Braille, or Volt Phreaks but with more features.
Which charger & maintainer is required for the H5/Group-47 - 40Ah?

Im trying to decide between the 30Ah & 40Ah. Typically, how long will the 30Ah last on a parked modern car? I know it depends on the car and how much it draws when off, but are we talking less than a week for example?

I ask because I will have the charger/maintainer on the car anytime it is not started for over a day or two, however if I take it to the dealer it might spend a few days without the charger/maintainer and it could stay in the dealer for over a week.

Last edited by BHR997.2TT; 04-19-2019 at 12:52 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Antigravity Lightweight Battery for GT2