997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

EBWerks fixed wing installation and review

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-24-2019, 08:09 PM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
I found a good instruction set for taking apart the spoiler hydraulics. I think it was one of the Rock's guides.

Once the plastic cover above the fan is removed the 2 electrical connectors can be removed. The guide said that the fan doesn't need to be unscrewed in order to get the hydraulic assembly out but I couldn't do it until I removed the fan at which point it was much easier. Why struggle for the sake of 4 bolts? Oh, don't forget to put a towel or something on the engine in case you drop a bolt/screw!

Old 11-24-2019, 08:13 PM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !

This is the passenger side hydraulic post. Note the groove which held the switches. I was tempted to just cut the cable going here but a few minutes of patience paid off.

These are the upper and lower set point switches for the spoiler. They are only on the passenger side post so I didn't get an error message
when the driver's side wouldn't go up all the way. I just electrical taped them and tucked them into the space they came from.

Old 11-24-2019, 08:15 PM

If you gently pry out the air scoops from underneath then they swivel on their upper mount and don't need to be completely removed. Careful
not to break the tab.

Old 11-24-2019, 08:21 PM

You re-use the 3 star bolts. The bolt in the centre is tightened with an extension socket. It has a small cap/spacer and that's the part which screws into the spoiler. I bought the black anodized post. My Cargraphic has a fixed shiny silver mount which is not removable/changeable so alas it adds another colour to the mix but no biggie.
The post is held in place with pins. Each pin has a tiny ballbearing near the end so there is a little friction and so some force is needed to get it in. It doesn't go all the way across to the other side which makes me a little nervous but since there were 4 pins in the kit I used 2 per side. Don't push them all the way in to start with otherwise there will be no room for the socket extension to tighten the bolt!

After the spoiler bolt has been tightened you push the pins all the way in as shown here.

Old 11-24-2019, 08:25 PM

I started off with the post sticking out this much...I thought it was too high when I put the spoiler on temporarily and my wife and
eldest daughter agreed so I settled on this:

Old 11-24-2019, 08:29 PM

Here's the final position. You can see the upper blade in the rear view mirror when you drive but it doesn't obstruct much of the view. Obviously if you went higher you would obstruct more of the rear view.

Here's what it looks like from the front view. Don't mind the dirty car!

Here's what the original "down" position looked like with stock hydraulics:

Sorry that the pictures weren't taken from the same angle, but the difference should still be apparent.

Old 11-24-2019, 08:32 PM
In summary, I'm pleased with the end result and the price was not bad...he gave me a 10% 6speed discount too!

Since the spoiler is fixed it looks like this even at low speeds compared to the stock low position. I REALLY like the way it looks. The engine lid feels so much lighter now too.

Old 11-26-2019, 11:11 AM
mikestyle has much to be proud ofmikestyle has much to be proud ofmikestyle has much to be proud ofmikestyle has much to be proud ofmikestyle has much to be proud ofmikestyle has much to be proud ofmikestyle has much to be proud ofmikestyle has much to be proud ofmikestyle has much to be proud ofmikestyle has much to be proud of
Looks great, thanks for the write up Bogg!