997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Anyone Here Track The 997TT Yet??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-01-2006, 09:45 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Mussel Kar
Going into sport mode is like night and day. You can feel the change instantly. Reg mode has a very comfortable ride, yet still handles nicely, I take some exits at 80 with ease. This is my first Porsche so I don't have anything to compare it to except my SL55, and there is no comparason possible there. I am finding the car very easy to drive at the limits (my limits too) You can push it hard into a turn and it goes around, push it a lot harder to break traction and it still is very controlable, and still goes around. I think one of the reasons that I pulled away from the Noble was the 997TTs ability to apply more power to the track in the turns, and apply is sooner than a RWD car. I am also assuming that the 997TT is easier to drive fast than the Noble. I only got it slightly sideways once, and easily corrected it.
Very good to hear. Yea my turbo with 500+ hp and tq when i first got it was an animal because of the awd. Once i did full suspension and even going rwd and upped power , it handled just as good but i had to make up for the traction in other areas, i love how the car's put the power down!

Im thinking i would get this and pretty much LEAVE IT THE HELL ALONE! Im sick of modifying and then not driving the car alot because its an inch off the ground, too stiff over bumps and bump steer, i just want something amazing out of the box. The 997TT seems like its for me, thanks

Old 10-02-2006, 08:47 AM
Mussel Kar is a jewel in the roughMussel Kar is a jewel in the roughMussel Kar is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by iLLM3
Very good to hear. Yea my turbo with 500+ hp and tq when i first got it was an animal because of the awd. Once i did full suspension and even going rwd and upped power , it handled just as good but i had to make up for the traction in other areas, i love how the car's put the power down!

Im thinking i would get this and pretty much LEAVE IT THE HELL ALONE! Im sick of modifying and then not driving the car alot because its an inch off the ground, too stiff over bumps and bump steer, i just want something amazing out of the box. The 997TT seems like its for me, thanks
You're welcome. On Oct 20 I will be at NHIS and BobK will be there with his new 997TT. He can give a better comparo because he is coming from a 996TT. There should be three of us there with 997TTs.

Old 10-02-2006, 04:37 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Mussel Kar
You're welcome. On Oct 20 I will be at NHIS and BobK will be there with his new 997TT. He can give a better comparo because he is coming from a 996TT. There should be three of us there with 997TTs.
NICE, i would love to come down but im selling my car