997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

BAD DEALER ALERT: Beverly Hills Porsche Service

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-20-2006, 04:29 PM
Banned
BlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud of
BAD DEALER ALERT: Beverly Hills Porsche Service

Had the turbo towed in for a hydraulic noise.

When I picked it up I noticed an oil smell from the engine. But it was late and I decided to take the car.

I dove it 7 miles to my garage and left it there.

Today, a few weeks later, I pull the car out and notice oil under my car and that pesky oil smell. I take a look and see the rubber gasket that connects two cast pieces is not fit properly and oil is dripping out.

I decide to drive it back to Beverly Hills Porsche. The dwarf service writer lets me wait fifteen minutes while he does some paperwork which he assigned a higher priority to than a Turbo customer. Then he comes out to my car and without even looking at the leak tells me the car has an aftermarket exhaust and there is nothing he can do. Also, that the car had been towed and the damage must have happened during towing.

Great service. Makes me want to buy another $150,000 Porsche there. NOT.

Was going to buy a Cayenne Turbo for the wife for X-Mas but that is not going to happen now.

That little dwarf totally pissed me off. But hey, I gotta kiss my GT3RS goodbye now. I have the first spot. Thank god not at this lame as hell dealership.

Old 12-20-2006, 04:37 PM
scott is on a distinguished road
I walked in there, told them I was a 996TT owner and was interested in a 997 and was treated like crap. So I left.

Old 12-20-2006, 04:49 PM
jnx
jnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to behold
Sounds like they don't want or need your business. Go elsewhere.

Old 12-20-2006, 05:31 PM
LittleJohny is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by scott
I walked in there, told them I was a 996TT owner and was interested in a 997 and was treated like crap. So I left.
If I had felt that I needed to tell them what I already own in order to get some attention, I wouldn't bother going in the first place

Old 12-20-2006, 05:38 PM
pilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nice
wow these are not kind people for sure!!
These things can make everyone "fast and furious" to do bad publicity to them...I'm glad there are some very nice dealers around instead of that one...the only thing I can tell you as a positive thing is...ENJOY YOUR NEXT COMING BEAST!

Old 12-20-2006, 05:39 PM
nathanc4s is on a distinguished road
not good

thanks for the info, i will buy mine some other place.

Old 12-20-2006, 06:45 PM
raffi will become famous soon enough
I have never associated the BH service with the sales dept, maybe its easy to separate them since they are a few miles away from each other.
I have no complaints about the service, although it seems they are always busy and have such a small work area. at least they fixed that street so the entrance is easier. the sales people are a completely different issue...
I recently went to porsche in dowtown LA and it was amazing, huge workshop and very nice service advisors and techs.

Old 12-21-2006, 01:12 AM
UBoat Commander is just really niceUBoat Commander is just really niceUBoat Commander is just really niceUBoat Commander is just really niceUBoat Commander is just really nice
I have bought from them before and will never do it again. Plus, I've had two cars scratched by them during service. Don't know how it could get worse.

Old 12-21-2006, 01:21 AM
Banned
BlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by UBoat Commander
I have bought from them before and will never do it again. Plus, I've had two cars scratched by them during service. Don't know how it could get worse.
Well, I guess we are all huge fans here.

It is just a shame that they are six miles from my house and I need to take my car to Auto Gallery. I just hope they'll do a better job. I have taken my two 360s there and was very happy with Gary Kawakami and his team.

Last edited by BlackBear; 12-21-2006 at 02:50 AM.
Old 12-21-2006, 02:04 AM
Hussain is just really niceHussain is just really niceHussain is just really niceHussain is just really nice
Thanks for the heads up man. We should have a section for dealer praises or alerts...

Old 12-21-2006, 02:54 AM
simon is a splendid one to beholdsimon is a splendid one to beholdsimon is a splendid one to beholdsimon is a splendid one to beholdsimon is a splendid one to beholdsimon is a splendid one to beholdsimon is a splendid one to beholdsimon is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Hussain
Thanks for the heads up man. We should have a section for dealer praises or alerts...
That's the best idea I've heard all day.
Maybe just a thread about dealer experiences ?

Old 12-21-2006, 02:59 AM
techart 996 #3 is on a distinguished road
My first porsche I bought, a 996 c2, was serviced at BH service center. I went there twice and never took it back. It was hard to even get a guy to return my calls to see what was doing with the car. After I picked up a 996 TT, I always took it up to the Auto Gallery. Much better service up there. However after this popping out of second gear fiasco, and how i felt that I was shorchanged, I doubt I'll ever buy another porsche (at least not for me, perhaps leasing short term......). Ferrari and mercedes don't treat me that badly. Hell, I even get better service at Toyota and Cadillac.
-Peter

Old 12-21-2006, 11:45 AM
watt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to behold
2 sides to every story...

I have used BH service for years and Trevor has always respected my time and treated me well.

Old 12-21-2006, 12:15 PM
JarodL is a glorious beacon of lightJarodL is a glorious beacon of lightJarodL is a glorious beacon of lightJarodL is a glorious beacon of lightJarodL is a glorious beacon of lightJarodL is a glorious beacon of light
I have always heard horror stories about BH Porsche.

Old 12-21-2006, 12:26 PM
Brian Haske will become famous soon enoughBrian Haske will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by BlackBear
Had the turbo towed in for a hydraulic noise.

When I picked it up I noticed an oil smell from the engine. But it was late and I decided to take the car.

I dove it 7 miles to my garage and left it there.

Today, a few weeks later, I pull the car out and notice oil under my car and that pesky oil smell. I take a look and see the rubber gasket that connects two cast pieces is not fit properly and oil is dripping out.

I decide to drive it back to Beverly Hills Porsche. The dwarf service writer lets me wait fifteen minutes while he does some paperwork which he assigned a higher priority to than a Turbo customer. Then he comes out to my car and without even looking at the leak tells me the car has an aftermarket exhaust and there is nothing he can do. Also, that the car had been towed and the damage must have happened during towing.

Great service. Makes me want to buy another $150,000 Porsche there. NOT.

Was going to buy a Cayenne Turbo for the wife for X-Mas but that is not going to happen now.

That little dwarf totally pissed me off. But hey, I gotta kiss my GT3RS goodbye now. I have the first spot. Thank god not at this lame as hell dealership.

Did you go to the same advisor as when the leak was originally repaired? At least talk to the service mgr or better yet, GM with your paperwork/miles notated from when it was there last..

If not anything else, tow it to me I'll have it fixed

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: BAD DEALER ALERT: Beverly Hills Porsche Service