997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Nicest Interiors in a 997TT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 03:35 PM
Vincy is on a distinguished road
Coaco

I have the cocoa and love it, my color is in the avatar.

Old 04-12-2007, 04:23 PM
monsoonmadness is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Vincy
I have the cocoa and love it, my color is in the avatar.
your color combo is the way to go, both in and out..

Old 04-12-2007, 10:23 PM
gradyex will become famous soon enoughgradyex will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by chrisn
I'm biased, but I like Sand Beige: http://homepage.mac.com/cnicholson1/TurboPickup/

Leather center console + alum handbrake + special shifter

I love this with Cobalt, but with Black paint, I might stick with black or grey leather....
Nice car and nice dealership (that guy should be cleaning mine in a few weeks). Quick question, did Sonnen swap out the rims for you or did the car come in with that option? I didn't realize that there was another rim selection for the turbo? Drive safe and keep your eyes out for the CHP. 101 is crawling with them!

Old 04-12-2007, 10:50 PM
Farris, its your call but there are a few leather options that really make the interior come to life and give it that handmade touch. I would get the leather center console with the Porsche logo on top, leather visors, leather dome lamp cover, thicker steering wheel, and if you want to take it to the next level get the leather steering column,gear lever trim in leather,door finishers in leather, and inner sill parts release in leather. I think that should do it. Wood is not my thing either but its your car and you should build it exactly to your liking. I can't think of too many car companies that offer such a vast array of options/colors etc. Thats the beauty of it all. I would also look at a lot of photos of people's interiors, thats the best way to make up your mind because its not easy finding these custom options sitting around on a car lot. Take your time and do it right. Posting on 6speed is a good starting point! Lots of information and photos to look at.

Old 04-13-2007, 09:59 AM
Al Pettee is a jewel in the roughAl Pettee is a jewel in the roughAl Pettee is a jewel in the roughAl Pettee is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by farris
Hi Guys,
I am getting ready to buy a 997TT in either Black or Slate Grey and I am think ing of either beige or creme color leather ... Maybe black, but I want to be different. I am thinking about a full Makassar Wood Trim, or full Sycamore wood trim, or full CF.

I am am looking for a jaw dropping interior.

Can you guys post pics of some awesome interioirs so I can get some ideas?

Any guidance is much appreciated.
I agree with everyone, eschew wood. Go ALL leather, sand beige looks good with black. I'm going to go with GT silver with natural brown leather when I get mine.

Old 04-13-2007, 02:58 PM
docjackson1 will become famous soon enough
yup, i agree, no wood-all leather is the way. i do agree that deviated stitching looks good.

Old 04-15-2007, 10:36 PM
mikebaab is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up All Brown natural leather

Old 04-16-2007, 12:07 AM
I like the switch panel option, it takes the "busy" aluminum vents and blends in the dashboard nicely.

Old 04-20-2007, 08:00 PM
Vincy is on a distinguished road
Base interior is great.

Originally Posted by monsoonmadness
your color combo is the way to go, both in and out..
I have the base interior, standard guages, no extra leather around the phone, no carbon, I think its looks great.

Old 04-20-2007, 08:45 PM
monsoonmadness is on a distinguished road
Regular base whatever is great IMO. All the carbon stuff to the fullest(which I had) was not worth all that extra coin IMO. I think that the nicest interiors in Porsche's are the ones with the most leather.
Another thing I like is when you get the sport seats painted(backs)

Old 04-21-2007, 11:18 AM
Vincero_DC is on a distinguished road
I have to agree with pretty much everyone else.. I think wood in a sports car, especially a Porsche, looks like ****. Carbon fiber and aluminum in moderation look good if you really want to get fancy-schmancy.

Old 04-21-2007, 12:21 PM
winternj is on a distinguished road
I agree also. I have the aluminum colored center console, and all the leather options -- I couldn't be happier with the way it came out.

Old 04-22-2007, 12:18 AM
Duane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond repute
Don't be shy. Get the Colbalt blue with the special order Speed Yellow interior.