997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

This deviated stitching price kinda pisses me off...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 11:05 PM
lager99 is on a distinguished road
This deviated stitching price kinda pisses me off...

...that is all.

Old 06-15-2007, 11:14 PM
TurboBill is on a distinguished road
I just noticed it too as I was going through the price guide. It does seem outrageous when you add up all the items that need to be selected. In 2001, I had Dark Nat Grey with all stitching in red and it was $500 for the whole interior.

Old 06-16-2007, 02:34 AM
msindi is on a distinguished road
you gotta pay to play...

Old 06-16-2007, 06:04 AM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
After going on the plant tour, I am even more bewildered at the cost and complexity of the deviated order. Porsche cuts and sews all of the leather parts by hand. There is a room of about 20 people sewing the pieces and they have all colors of thread spools at their disposal. They sew and then place the finished pieces in bins tagged for a car. It would be exceptionally easier for them to make (1) box to check for deviated stitching so that 95% of customers don't end up with the white stitched shift boot mixed with all of their deviated thread.

Old 06-16-2007, 06:29 AM
PorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
Its kind of funny, I mean all they do is change the cotton reel in the sewing machine and then charge you gazillions of $$$.

Old 06-16-2007, 07:02 AM
golfguy is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by eclou
After going on the plant tour, I am even more bewildered at the cost and complexity of the deviated order. Porsche cuts and sews all of the leather parts by hand. There is a room of about 20 people sewing the pieces and they have all colors of thread spools at their disposal. They sew and then place the finished pieces in bins tagged for a car. It would be exceptionally easier for them to make (1) box to check for deviated stitching so that 95% of customers don't end up with the white stitched shift boot mixed with all of their deviated thread.
it's even more amazing that porsche is viewed as the model efficiency in supply chain management and LEAN manufacturing. porsche has a consulting practise for their supply chain managment and LEAN manufacturing process http://www21.porscheconsulting.de/en...es/default.htm

otoh, i think the complicated system is a way to justify the outrageous premium that porsche charges for exclusive options.

Old 06-16-2007, 07:42 AM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
Don't attempt to justify what Porsche charges by attempting to apply a cost of production to the option. We are not buying cars from Porsche in Germany. We are buying them from Porsche Cars of North America. What Porsche Cars of North Americe charges us has no bearing on what they are charged by Porsche in Germany. They charge what the market will bear.
Another way to say it is: They charge what they do for the same reason dogs lick their B*lls. THEY CAN!!!!

Old 06-16-2007, 06:59 PM
SD1
SD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura about
Maybe true, but cool as hell if done well.

Old 06-16-2007, 08:30 PM
DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !
do what makes you happy man
keep in mind, your resale value would be better if you had options like that

btw, don't feel bad

bentley charges $6300 for the ugliest 19" chrome wheels i have seen in my entire life...

Old 06-16-2007, 08:35 PM
GEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of light
Nothing Looks Right If You Dont Get The Dad Option....

Old 06-16-2007, 08:47 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
There are some options like PCCB or Sport Chrono which will add to resale. I've never seen dev. stitching add significant value to resale...I don't think you'll see much return.

Old 06-16-2007, 09:22 PM
TurboBill is on a distinguished road
i think the deviated stitching on your chicks g-string definetely adds to resale and provided someone with significant return.

Old 06-17-2007, 03:36 PM
Red Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to all
All this talk about resale is funny b/c I'm sure these options will depreciate faster than the entire car. Maybe at B-J in the year 2050 will someone care about "factory deviated stiching", but it isn't going to do much right now. Get it and pay for it because you want it and don't try to rationalize it or not.

Old 06-17-2007, 06:19 PM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
For about $400 you can get all deviated stitching on your fine leather in your Ferrari. Not bad. Much more reasonable than the complexity Porsche throws at us for this option.

The cost of the car, however, significantly outweighs this argument.

Old 06-18-2007, 11:49 AM
TKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really nice
Pardon the ignorance, but how much cheddar are we talking about?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: This deviated stitching price kinda pisses me off...