New Product: EVOMS 997TT "Leak Proof" Throttle Body Conversion Kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-20-2016, 12:53 PM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
Thanks Roe!

We are half way there in less then a day!

Originally Posted by roe
I'm in.

Sam at EVOMS PM'ed me and asked to give him 1-2 days to confirm with his machine the exact discount he can do, but promises it would be a deep discount with a order of 10!

Lets fill up at least 10 so we can at least help persuade EVOMS to get to that $500 shipped number !

Either way I know many need this and a deep discount can get this product into more 911's, making it a more reliable platform = more fun!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbyfali <a href="https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/997-turbo-gt2/330681-new-product-evoms-997tt-leak-proof-throttle-body-conversion-kit-post4540464.html#post4540464" target="_blank">
If you can do it for $500 for 10 orders, I will be the first to sign up for one! How quickly can we get 10 people to sign up, as this is a known issue & I am about to get a custom Y-pipe to a Vibrant V-band clamp welded on my GT3 throttle body next week to deal with this! I would rather just do this to keep my machine looking "stockish".

EVOMS so we are clear, if you get a order of 10 you will do them for $ 500?

If the answer is yes here is a list with hope that others add their name OR we can start another thread:

1. Bobbyfali (Bobby Ali)
2. M3 Maestro
3. 02black330ci
4. VR6tee
5. roe

Lets fill this up quick!

Thanks!

Bobby Ali

ba

Old 07-20-2016, 09:53 PM
echerbst has a reputation beyond reputeecherbst has a reputation beyond reputeecherbst has a reputation beyond reputeecherbst has a reputation beyond reputeecherbst has a reputation beyond reputeecherbst has a reputation beyond reputeecherbst has a reputation beyond reputeecherbst has a reputation beyond reputeecherbst has a reputation beyond reputeecherbst has a reputation beyond reputeecherbst has a reputation beyond repute
I'm in for one.

Old 07-20-2016, 10:02 PM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by echerbst
I'm in for one.

echerbst your added!

ONLY 4 MORE TO GO!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbyfali <a href="https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/997-turbo-gt2/330681-new-product-evoms-997tt-leak-proof-throttle-body-conversion-kit-post4540464.html#post4540464" target="_blank"><a href="https://www.6speedonline.com/6speed/images/buttons/viewpost.gif" target="_blank">
If you can do it for $500 for 10 orders, I will be the first to sign up for one! How quickly can we get 10 people to sign up, as this is a known issue & I am about to get a custom Y-pipe to a Vibrant V-band clamp welded on my GT3 throttle body next week to deal with this! I would rather just do this to keep my machine looking "stockish".

EVOMS so we are clear, if you get a order of 10 you will do them for $ 500?

If the answer is yes here is a list with hope that others add their name OR we can start another thread:

1. Bobbyfali (Bobby Ali)
2. M3 Maestro
3. 02black330ci
4. VR6tee
5. roe
6. echerbst

Lets fill this up quick!

Thanks!

Bobby Ali

ba

Old 07-21-2016, 04:15 PM
02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !
Four more to go fellas, let's get it done!!

Old 07-21-2016, 08:00 PM
Basic Sponsor
Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !
Alright guys, I'm still working with my manufacturer to see if we can put this together, but here is where we're at.

Retail price on our Leakproof Clamp Kit is $695 as you can see here, along with more information about the product: http://www.evoms.com/EVOMS_Leak_Proo...997tlptbck.htm. A $500 would represent a nearly 30% discount off of retail price, which is an almost unheard of discount for a machined part in a small quantity purchase (10 kits is a sizable order, but small beans as far as a machine shop is concerned). But the $500 price point has clearly been popular, so I am working with our machinist to see if we can come up with a batch size and timeline to bring costs down a bit and make that price workable for everybody involved. We're not there yet, but we're working on it. These are made for us by a small business here in Phoenix, AZ, and because quality is crucial to making a part like this work there aren't ANY corners we can cut to bring the cost down, so it's all supply and demand and economies of scale we're working on.

Once we have final pricing figured out, we will formalize the group buy by taking 70% deposits from at least 10 people. Once all 10 deposits are received, we will begin production, and a couple of weeks later ship kits once they are complete and final balances are received.

We are meeting again tomorrow and I hope to finalize this before the weekend. Hang tight and I will follow up soon.

Sam

F: 480.317.9901
E: info@evoms.com
Home of the Worlds Fastest 997TT Porsche(s)
997TT Standing Mile = 234.6 MPH
997TT Standing 1/2 Mile = 217.09 MPH
Fastest 1/4 Mile = 9.29 @ 172.7 MPH
60-130 MPH Time = 3.28 Seconds
Old 07-23-2016, 07:33 AM
M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !
Bumping thread, looks like we need just 4 more people. Take advantage of the deep discount.

Old 07-23-2016, 11:16 AM
Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !
So this is a group buy for a product in which the price has not even been agreed to as of yet????

Old 07-23-2016, 01:42 PM
Originally Posted by Marpir821
So this is a group buy for a product in which the price has not even been agreed to as of yet????

I am assuming you read the entire thread and know what has already been discussed.

Sam at EVOM is getting us the exact amount of the discount he can do on a group by of 10 and wants to confirm with his machinist (they outsource this in Arizona) to see what the exact amount would be. Sam believes he can do $500 or close to it.

In the meantime I/we are trying to get at least 10 people together to say we are game if you can do it for $500. IF IT IS HIGHER THEN THAT NO ONE HAS TO PURCHASE IT. NO ONE HAS EXCHANGE ANY $$$ as of yet and only when it is agreed upon then EVOM will deal directly with each 6Speed Member. I/we are just trying to make a much needed part in the community more affordable.

Hopefully that would clear up any questions you have.

Thanks

Bobby Ali

ba

Old 07-23-2016, 07:04 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Nice going Bobby! Sam will take care of you guys and I know my guys on the list are mostly AMS lol! Should be fine.

Old 07-23-2016, 07:27 PM
M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !
I have been checking the y pipe daily, no more issues using a thinner clamp however it's one of those things Every time I go WOT I am thinking about it. I'm gonna modify that joint regardless, this product is drop in which is nice.

Old 07-23-2016, 10:27 PM
Originally Posted by M3 Maestro
I have been checking the y pipe daily, no more issues using a thinner clamp however it's one of those things Every time I go WOT I am thinking about it. I'm gonna modify that joint regardless, this product is drop in which is nice.
Exactly what I feel man!

Just this evening I was out with my son and I did a pull and the tq did t feel as strongly and I am thinking is it the freaking clamp. Everytime I take the car out I take a look to see how the clamp looks and if it is aligned or the coupled is pulling out from either ends etc...

Just tired of it!! My car has been like clock work all season as I am actually thinking of writing a thread on how consistent and awesome this car set/up has been for me, but this is the only area of unreliability.

Old 07-24-2016, 05:48 AM
Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !
Mine has never popped off but I have never really driven it that hard. Is this something that will most likely start happening sooner or later? Just have not experienced it yet.

Old 07-25-2016, 03:55 AM
93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !
So stupid question but there are thousands of cars and diesel trucks running WAY higher boost pressure than us with no wiz bang gadgetry....dont you all think we are over thinking this one?

Old 07-25-2016, 06:12 AM
Yes you are right, I personally have run much higher pressures with no issues however the joint was better. What makes the joint not great is the aftermarket parts are made to be modular and mimic the factory connection which is very thin. Not a lot of area for the band clamp to bite. You have many options to fix this it's not a big deal. If the deal doesn't go thru I will weld a piece of pipe on the end of the y pipe to extend it. That will give me the area needed to get a nice clamp on there. I like the kit because it's bolt on, that's it. Simply trying to save time. That's my view not sure about the others.

Old 07-25-2016, 07:41 AM
GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !
Shouldn't this problem be dealt with by IPD??? I mean they are the one supplying parts causing this issue?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Product: EVOMS 997TT "Leak Proof" Throttle Body Conversion Kit