New Product: EVOMS 997TT "Leak Proof" Throttle Body Conversion Kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-25-2016, 07:52 AM
M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by GTRNICK
Shouldn't this problem be dealt with by IPD??? I mean they are the one supplying parts causing this issue?
Depends, in my case for example I have the 82mm TB, AMS y-pipe and use the IPD hose supplied with the 82mm plenum. So far using the factory skinny clamp its been holding however like I mentioned in an earlier post, its one of those things you keep wondering if its gonna pop off. Maybe its just an engineer thing, but a lot of times for us overkill = piece of mind

Again its not a big deal and can be dealt with a ton of different ways. Boost popping a connection off has been around since turbos started as you all know.

Old 07-25-2016, 07:55 AM
GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by M3 Maestro
Depends, in my case for example I have the 82mm TB, AMS y-pipe and use the IPD hose supplied with the 82mm plenum. So far using the factory skinny clamp its been holding however like I mentioned in an earlier post, its one of those things you keep wondering if its gonna pop off. Maybe its just an engineer thing, but a lot of times for us overkill = piece of mind

Again its not a big deal and can be dealt with a ton of different ways. Boost popping a connection off has been around since turbos started as you all know.

Fair point.

I guess you just need to find a descent jubilee clip

Old 07-25-2016, 12:12 PM
TT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GTRNICK
Fair point.

I guess you just need to find a descent jubilee clip

I got a bunch of these ( https://www.ecstuning.com/Porsche-20....6L/ES2730259/ )

Change them when opened dont over-tighten ... Using it on AMS y-pipe and oem coupler, holds 1.6 bar ......

Old 07-25-2016, 12:17 PM
M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TT.BRN
I got a bunch of these ( https://www.ecstuning.com/Porsche-20....6L/ES2730259/ )

Change them when opened dont over-tighten ... Using it on AMS y-pipe and oem coupler, holds 1.6 bar ......
that's essentially what I am using, right now its just my stock clamp from the factory coupler. I could order some of these to have a fresh clamp on there, this group buy may be a while apparently.

Old 07-25-2016, 01:01 PM
GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TT.BRN
I got a bunch of these ( https://www.ecstuning.com/Porsche-20....6L/ES2730259/ )f

That's it paint them black and put a logo on it and write some marketing jargon and put them up for $250 each

Old 07-25-2016, 06:07 PM
Basic Sponsor
Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !
Meeting with our machinist tomorrow to finalize things and I will share with the class. If those who put their names on the list end up following through, I think we'll be able to cut a fantastic deal on these.

To recap the issue, I think there are two issues that contribute to so many problems with y-pipes blowing off with the 82mm throttle body kit:
  1. Most cars running the kit are running more boost with more air flow than those running the stock throttle body/plenum are
  2. The IPD plenum/GT3 TB combo put the throttle body much closer to the y-pipe than stock, meaning the coupler between them is very short and stiff. As the engine moves around, forces put into the y-pipe by the airbox and intercooler hoses cannot be absorbed by that coupler, and it puts stress on the connection causing it to fail occassionally

With a different coupler, you might be able to decouple the y-pipe and throttle body better and reduce that kind of failure, but the stock coupler is very long and flexible and those still blow off occasionally.

Our system is the nuclear solution, as it mechanically couples the two together WHILE allowing them to pivot and rotate relative to each other. With proper installation on compatible parts, the connection should never leak and cannot come apart unless the bolts are taken out.

Sam

F: 480.317.9901
E: info@evoms.com
Home of the Worlds Fastest 997TT Porsche(s)
997TT Standing Mile = 234.6 MPH
997TT Standing 1/2 Mile = 217.09 MPH
Fastest 1/4 Mile = 9.29 @ 172.7 MPH
60-130 MPH Time = 3.28 Seconds
Old 07-27-2016, 10:32 PM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
Any news on the coupler Sam?

Old 08-09-2016, 04:05 PM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
SAM,

tomorrow was 15days ago my friend!

I am guessing we lost traction with this group by as some are waiting to hear what your answer will be.

What is happening?

Thanks

Bobby Ali

ba

Originally Posted by Evolution MotorSports
Meeting with our machinist tomorrow to finalize things and I will share with the class. If those who put their names on the list end up following through, I think we'll be able to cut a fantastic deal on these.

To recap the issue, I think there are two issues that contribute to so many problems with y-pipes blowing off with the 82mm throttle body kit:
  1. Most cars running the kit are running more boost with more air flow than those running the stock throttle body/plenum are
  2. The IPD plenum/GT3 TB combo put the throttle body much closer to the y-pipe than stock, meaning the coupler between them is very short and stiff. As the engine moves around, forces put into the y-pipe by the airbox and intercooler hoses cannot be absorbed by that coupler, and it puts stress on the connection causing it to fail occassionally
With a different coupler, you might be able to decouple the y-pipe and throttle body better and reduce that kind of failure, but the stock coupler is very long and flexible and those still blow off occasionally.

Our system is the nuclear solution, as it mechanically couples the two together WHILE allowing them to pivot and rotate relative to each other. With proper installation on compatible parts, the connection should never leak and cannot come apart unless the bolts are taken out.

Sam

Old 08-09-2016, 07:00 PM
Basic Sponsor
Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !
It is live : https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...group-buy.html

Sam

Old 08-09-2016, 07:13 PM
Basic Sponsor
I have sent a PM to all those who expressed interest informing them that the Group Buy is on. If everyone of those people follows through with a deposit, we are only two people shy of getting this going!!

Sam

Old 08-10-2016, 05:53 AM
LoanShark is on a distinguished road
Hi everyone. is the group buy price still $500 ?

Old 08-10-2016, 10:07 AM
Click link below for all info and yes it is $500+shipping!!:

Originally Posted by Evolution MotorSports
Originally Posted by LoanShark
Hi everyone. is the group buy price still $500 ?

Old 08-10-2016, 11:06 AM
93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !
I need to buy a CNC machine and a powdercoating gun....

Old 08-10-2016, 12:18 PM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by arlrkerene
does this support the AMS Y-Pipe?
Fitment with the AMS Y-pipe has not been confirmed, as of right now I can only guaranty fitment on OEM and later build IPD y-pipes. I've reached out to AMS directly to try to put this to bed either way, I will let the group know what comes of it.

Sam

Old 08-12-2016, 09:42 AM
nuclearfishin is a jewel in the roughnuclearfishin is a jewel in the roughnuclearfishin is a jewel in the roughnuclearfishin is a jewel in the rough
If anybody wants one of these cheap, PM me, you can have mine for $100. I tried and tried to make it work and in the end, my shop had me go back to a traditional clamp. I've been running 22 psi for a year now with no problems.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Product: EVOMS 997TT "Leak Proof" Throttle Body Conversion Kit