997 Vendor Classifieds
Sponsored by:

Victor Equipment Zehn now available for 997

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 11:03 PM
Basic Sponsor
Wheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond repute
Victor Equipment Zehn now available for 997

Hello all,

The Victor Equipment Zehn is now available in 18, 19, and 20" for late model 911, Cayman, and Boxster applications. For the Cayenne, you can choose between 20 or 22" options. It's a very clean design, looks very nice especially in person. There are 2 finishes available, hyper silver and matte black. All Victor Equipment wheels feature TPMS compatibility as well as fitting the OE cap and lug bolts.

If anyone has any questions about these or any other Victor Equipment wheel, just let us know. Thanks!

Victor Equipment Wheel lineup on Wheel Experts:
http://wheelexperts.com/wheels/victor/line.html

Enjoy the pics!

http://www.wheelexperts.com
email: peter@wheelexperts.com

HRE | Forgeline | Modulare | PUR | TechArt | Brabus | Novitec | Vossen | Avant Garde | Vorsteiner | BBS | Eisenmann | Quicksilver | Brembo | KW | WALD | +many more

***DFW Showroom now OPEN at 4515 McEwen Rd in Dallas, 1 block West of the Dallas Galleria***

***WE SHIP WORLDWIDE!!!!!***
Old 01-29-2009, 09:02 AM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
Thos are a nice simple design and would look great on a Porsche. However I have always heard that Victor Wheels are a cheap wheel and are very heavy. Maybe you could clear this up and tell us more about them.

What is pricing on 8.5x19 and 11.5x19 for a Carrera S? Also 9x18 and 12x18 for a Carrera S.

Old 01-29-2009, 09:21 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mdrums
Thos are a nice simple design and would look great on a Porsche. However I have always heard that Victor Wheels are a cheap wheel and are very heavy. Maybe you could clear this up and tell us more about them.

What is pricing on 8.5x19 and 11.5x19 for a Carrera S? Also 9x18 and 12x18 for a Carrera S.
Mike, I have heard the same thing. They remind me of an Audi RS4 wheel that came out around 2000.

Attached Images  
Old 01-29-2009, 09:23 AM
Basic Sponsor
Wheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for your unbiased opinion Alan.

The wheels are indeed inexpensive, and they are cast so they are heavy when compared to forged product such as HRE, AMT, etc. That being said, the price point is low (MSRP 450/ea for 20", 400/ea for 19", and 350/ea for 19") and not everyone is interested in spending big bucks on wheels these days, so for those who want a nice look and don't mind a cast wheel, this is a good option. The quality on these is quite good, so there is nothing to complain about there. You can't expect to get a superb lightweight performance wheel for those prices.

HRE | Forgeline | Modulare | PUR | TechArt | Brabus | Novitec | Vossen | Avant Garde | Vorsteiner | BBS | Eisenmann | Quicksilver | Brembo | KW | WALD | +many more

***DFW Showroom now OPEN at 4515 McEwen Rd in Dallas, 1 block West of the Dallas Galleria***

Old 01-29-2009, 09:25 AM
Basic Sponsor
Forgot to mention, if anyone needs a price quote on these, just let us know.

Old 01-29-2009, 12:43 PM
pnutty will become famous soon enough
Looks good, Its a good option for the people out there that want their cars to look different yet not have to spend $5k plus on wheels & tires.

Old 01-29-2009, 12:46 PM
RENEGADE is on a distinguished road
Victor wheels are good quality for the money

Old 01-29-2009, 08:28 PM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
Thanks for the info...it's hard to tell by just a picture on the internet.

I am looking for another set of track wheels for my 09 Carrera S. I had a set of CCW's that I sold like a dumb azz and I liked them. Forged and only $2700 for the set.

I am leaning towards 18's again but and wondering if 19's might work better with the shorter side wall and my stock Sport (lower) PASM.

Old 01-29-2009, 09:03 PM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
I had a set of Victor's LeMans on my '04 996, and I was happy with them: I paid about $3k which included Toyo T1R's (315's in back), and I got a whole new (and hot) look for my old car.

Of course I wanted HRE's, but at the time I couldn't stomach $6k, so I was thrilled to get a terrific look, solid build quality, and was fine sacrificing a few lbs back then.

Victor wheels are a decent option. I don't like that they're getting a bad wrap. You can get a great look for less money.

HOWEVER: please, don't put Victors on a TT. If you've got $135k to buy a new TT, get HREs. If you want a new look for your 996 or aging 997, they're a risk-free choice given their price.
CATTMAN

Old 01-29-2009, 09:18 PM
I wonder what the weights are for these Victors vs the Porsche stock cast wheels?

Old 01-29-2009, 09:58 PM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by mdrums
I wonder what the weights are for these Victors vs the Porsche stock cast wheels?
Should be about the same...the stock cast stuff isn't exactly light.

Old 01-29-2009, 10:11 PM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
Peter,
Reducing unspring weight is important and critical to the driver looking to improve lap times/ increase performance. Race cars cut weight anywhere they can, like a wrestler.

Since you work at Wheel Experts, it would be great if you'd share with us the weights of some of your inventory. That way we could establish some baselines/ points of comparison.

Keeping in mind of course, that weight reduction/ HP/Weight ratio has several variables, including the weight of the driver. If I could go from 175 lbs to 160 lbs, my car should be faster right? If I were to shave 4 lbs off each corner of my unsprung weight due to a set of HRE's, I'd be faster, too, right?

Let's establish a set of data point on this. Since you have access to all wheels in all sizes, it'd be great if you'd start it up!
CATTMAN

Old 01-29-2009, 10:19 PM
Basic Sponsor
We have a lot of styles available, so that will be extremely time consuming, but as a general rule, most brands of 3pc reverse are in the 25 lb range for 19", HRE competitions are about 22-23 for 19", HRE monoblok are ~ 24 and AMT Forged 19" are 18 front and 21 rear. Most one piece cast stuff will be heavier.

Old 01-29-2009, 10:25 PM
Thanks, Peter & Wheel Experts!
From what you've reported, it looks like the delta between a heavy wheel and a lightweight hi-performance wheel is about 4-6 pounds per corner, unsprung. Per corner, that sounds like alot. But we need context:

What measurably does that account for in terms of performance?
CATTMAN

Old 01-29-2009, 11:55 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
1lb of unsprung weight is equal to 7lbs of sprung weight. So 4 lbs per corner (16 lbs total) is equal to 112lbs of Sprung weight.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Victor Equipment Zehn now available for 997