997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

front plate holder

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-12-2008, 06:00 PM
abe911 is on a distinguished road
I like your creative solution to the problem... WC Fields was once asked if he ever read the bible.
His answere , "only for loopholes"
abe

Old 01-13-2008, 07:12 AM
achtung6 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by emilgh
I took the front plate and beat the snot out of it with a hammer. Ran it over. Dropped a brick on it. Bent it. Ran it through the dish washer to rust it a little bit. Cut out the mounting holes... I then printed a letter, without a date, that read something to the effect of, "Dear DMV Commissioner in Sacramento, I've requested several times to get a replacement plate and I've heard no response and the DMV office said... blah blah blah..."

When I'd get pulled over, I'd explain that my front plate got "damaged" in an accident. I'd show the cop the letter and the plate -- which I kept under the carpet in the front boot.

An elaborate "method" to be certain, but 100% effective in Los Angeles.
I'll be moving to CA this year and will certainly keep this method in mind!

Old 01-04-2011, 12:14 AM
michaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud ofmichaeldantep has much to be proud of
I can't access this link for some reason. I get something about my lack of forum privileges. Would someone be kind enough to send me this somehow? If not here, my email is MichaelDanteP@yahoo.com

Thank you!

Michael

Old 01-04-2011, 12:26 AM
Verde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond repute
http://www.moweraxle.com/licenseplatebrackets.html

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 01-04-2011 at 10:09 AM. Reason: active link to a commercial non sponsor
Old 01-04-2011, 05:49 PM
KonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud ofKonaKai has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by emilgh
In the future, however, I'll be registering cars in Nevada. Alabama....
If you're serious... I'd do some deep research on your state's insurance laws before registering your car out of state. My buddy here in NY had his Audi registered at his parents home in MD (where he grew up) bc it was cheaper. Long story short, last year he was sued in an accident and insurance summarily dismissed coverage on the basis that in NY, the law is very clear that you have to be registered here if you live here.

On the front plates in general, I understand the hesitation to spoil the clean look (and drilling holes) but around here, cops are just itching to pull over sports cars. (Just last month my dad was ticketed in my car for changing lanes on Broadway without a turn signal... which is the automotive equivalent of jaywalking!!) I say save those police encounters, and DMV points, for juicier moving violations than that!

Old 02-06-2011, 08:36 PM
ncamillo is on a distinguished road
Agreed! don't have the privilege to follow the link apparently. Can anyone PM me this link?

Old 07-30-2013, 01:21 PM
edaw303 is on a distinguished road
Can someone please email the link for the front plate solution? wadepbrewer@gmail.com

Thank you!!!!!