997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

front plate holder

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-31-2007, 04:08 PM
LeNoah is on a distinguished road
front plate holder

Anybody got a link to the guy who was selling the front licence plate holder that screws in to the tow hook socket? I can't seem to find it.

No way I'm drilling holes in my new front bumper and I would like to have the bracket on hand just in case I get stopped and have to slap a plate on temporarily. Thanks.

Old 12-31-2007, 04:59 PM
808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by LeNoah
Anybody got a link to the guy who was selling the front licence plate holder that screws in to the tow hook socket? I can't seem to find it.

No way I'm drilling holes in my new front bumper and I would like to have the bracket on hand just in case I get stopped and have to slap a plate on temporarily. Thanks.
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...d.php?t=107326

Old 12-31-2007, 05:18 PM
Thanks 808!! Got it.

Old 12-31-2007, 08:40 PM
wilsondr is on a distinguished road
OC - No plates

LeNoah,
Were you sited for no-plates, in OC?

Old 12-31-2007, 08:56 PM
RPRyan55 is infamous around these partsRPRyan55 is infamous around these parts
Thanks. I'm only posting here to get my post count up to the point where I can send the guy a PM and get that front plate thingy.

Old 12-31-2007, 09:00 PM
No. Been driving in OC for years. Never have front plates on any of our cars. I just want to be prepared in case I get nailed somewhere. I understand LA county is more aggresive in citing front plate abusers.

Unlike my previous 996, the 997 came without predrilled holes in the front bumper. I want to keep it that way yet be prepared to slap on a plate temporarily if required.

Old 01-01-2008, 12:03 AM
Gcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the rough

I have them for the Porsche and now for the 360/430 Ferrari's!

Old 01-01-2008, 10:46 AM
Banned
Matt(in MA) is on a distinguished road
I just keep the front plate and a hand full of zip-ties in the trunk... easy to zip-tie the plate on in seconds (I do this for inspections) and the just remove later.

Matt

Old 01-04-2008, 07:08 PM
Banned
Matt(in MA) is on a distinguished road
I have to say that is a pretty nice setup at a decent price....well done - I like it

Matt

Old 01-04-2008, 07:09 PM
AsianImage is a jewel in the roughAsianImage is a jewel in the roughAsianImage is a jewel in the rough
I have mine in my trunk and hopefully no need to use it. But the fit and finish and price...you cannot beat this! A must buy for sure!

Old 01-04-2008, 09:46 PM
stetty will become famous soon enough
I got busted in San Diego twice, my wife twice. Fix it ticket that I never fixed on my cars, I did fold and put the plates on her car (Lexus GX and then Q7 4.2, real shame on the Q7, love the front end on that without the plate).

Old 01-10-2008, 11:38 AM
Restless is on a distinguished road
My post count prevents sending a PM. Do you have a email address?? Already have a front plate, but would prefer your solution.

Old 01-10-2008, 11:43 AM
stetty will become famous soon enough
FYI, if you already have a plate you are done. Removing it will leave holes in your bumper.

Old 01-10-2008, 12:52 PM
JCS
JCS will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Restless
My post count prevents sending a PM. Do you have a email address?? Already have a front plate, but would prefer your solution.
You can e-mail me at :
stumberger_r@msn.com
Thank you

Old 01-12-2008, 05:35 PM
emilgh will become famous soon enoughemilgh will become famous soon enough
I understand LA county is more aggresive in citing front plate abusers.
Yeah, ain't that the truth! I bought a house in LA county in 2006 and my "neighborhood" was the subject of a ticket blitz and got pulled over... often in the Gallardo. Sometimes 2x a day. Cops would even hassle me if I had the plate in the front window.

Here's some of the VTL code, by the way, that they were enforcing:

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d03/vc4851.htm

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d03/vc4852.htm

There was very little reasoning with the cops. They were quite adamant about drilling holes in my front bumper, so here's what I did:

I took the front plate and beat the snot out of it with a hammer. Ran it over. Dropped a brick on it. Bent it. Ran it through the dish washer to rust it a little bit. Cut out the mounting holes... I then printed a letter, without a date, that read something to the effect of, "Dear DMV Commissioner in Sacramento, I've requested several times to get a replacement plate and I've heard no response and the DMV office said... blah blah blah..."

When I'd get pulled over, I'd explain that my front plate got "damaged" in an accident. I'd show the cop the letter and the plate -- which I kept under the carpet in the front boot.

An elaborate "method" to be certain, but 100% effective in Los Angeles.

In the future, however, I'll be registering cars in Nevada. Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, New Mexico, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, and West Virginia; U.S. territories Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, and Guam also do not require an official front license plate. In Nevada, front plates are optional if the vehicle was not designed for a front plate and the manufacturer did not provide an add-on bracket or other means of displaying the front plate.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: front plate holder